Chase Manhatten Bank / rip-offs and poor customer service
I have a debit account or 'pay card' account that is through Chase Manhatten bank. I accidentally ran my pay card negative $6 and change-How this can even happen is beyond me (apparently allowing an account to run negative is a huge source of revenue). OK fine-I should have checked my balance before I went to Taco Bell. They charged me $25 for overdraft then later that night I was charged another $25 for not bringing my account current!??? I called their "customer service" which is an outsource office located in India. Of course, none of the issues that I am talking about were handled. The man that I talked to either could not help me or would not help me-all I asked was that the second charge for $25 be reversed. He said they would do an investigation and someone would contact me within 10 business days. Does this bank understand customer service?
How about a debit card that wont allow you to overdraft? I know its possible. Its a minor bit of programming-some software changes.
I plan to contact the banking guild and file a complaint. I have had several run ins with Chase's "customer service" dept. To this date-not one of the issues that I had have ever been resolved by their office in India. Poor English and a profound case of impotent employees. Why would you call these people customer service reps if they don't have the ability to handle a problem on the phone.
More Chase Manhatten Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - refusing to refund life savings
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - international financial services (ifs)
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase business checking account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - check deposit bank/teller rules
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - $25000 missing wire