Chase Manhattan / credit card rate increase

1 United States

I have had a credit card with chase since 1984, and am in good standing. Due to medical expenses I have had to carry a balance lately, and pay around two times the minimum balance monthly. I have a very good credit rating. I just received a form letter type statement from Chase telling me that they are going to over double my interest rate in July. I am enraged, and have have decided to cash in a CD, and actually transfer what is left on the balnce to a credit card that actually has a higher rate than my chase card at this time. I am mad, and I am not going to give chase another cent of my money. I have another credit card with Chase that carries no balance and I am also closing that account. I know that it will tweek my credit rating, but tough. This is a principle thing for me, but just think if everyone who was being ripped off by chase would figure out a way to close all their accounts with Chase. We need to figure out ways of not being victims of companies that believe they have us over a barrel. Sometimes it is worth spending a little to stand up for what is right. I am disabled and living on a fixed income right now, but I refuse to be a victim of Chase Manhattan.

Da