Chase Manhattan Bank / overcharged

PO BOX 15298Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-436-7937

After receiving my bill from Chase with a minimum payment due of $107.00 I immediately sent a check for $110.00. The company charged me $100.00 saying that was the amount I had paid. They admitted that the box did say $110.00, but claimed the written line did not. They were unable to substantiate this because they had made an electronic withdrawal and destroyed my original check. How convenient!

They then charged me a late fee for the supposed missing $7.00 in the amount of $39.00 and raised my interest rate significantly. They also reported a late payment to the credit bureau opening me up to rate hikes from other companies. They did remove their fees, but refused to correct the late payment record, which was of course the bigger issue.
Va

Comments

Da
  27th of Dec, 2008
While I understand your frustration, financial institutions are supposed to withdraw the *written* amount on a check, not the numerical value.
Pe
  5th of Jul, 2009
My mom is 80 years old and in a wheelchair after having a stroke in 2003. She has a Chase Visa credit card that she has had since 1977. She always pays on time, but recieves a letter stating she has to pay 5% more each month. She can not afford that, and after many conversations with the customer service dept., supervisors, and specialty supervisors, they gave her a choice. Pay the 5% more a month, or close the account and pay the amount she is currently paying. I couldn't believe it she has been a customer of Chase Visa for 32 years and now they want to close her account because she pays on time. In a matter a fact a couple of years ago a representative contacted her and told her if she would take a loan of $10, 000 she would always pay the same amount each month at APR of 5.99%, never mentioning that their would be an increase in payments per month. Something needs and should be done about chase. Why punish a customer you have valued their buisness for over 30 years, how about rewarding them?

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank