Chase Manhattan Bank / overcharged
After receiving my bill from Chase with a minimum payment due of $107.00 I immediately sent a check for $110.00. The company charged me $100.00 saying that was the amount I had paid. They admitted that the box did say $110.00, but claimed the written line did not. They were unable to substantiate this because they had made an electronic withdrawal and destroyed my original check. How convenient!
They then charged me a late fee for the supposed missing $7.00 in the amount of $39.00 and raised my interest rate significantly. They also reported a late payment to the credit bureau opening me up to rate hikes from other companies. They did remove their fees, but refused to correct the late payment record, which was of course the bigger issue.
More Chase Manhattan Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - front desk/ customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase marriott card
- Chase.com - brokerage/sole owner; investment/stocks/bonds
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - wrong information from teller