Chase Manhattan Bank / resolving issues with chase manhattan bank

I also suffered problems with Chase regarding unwarranted interest hikes, insufficient explanations, and unhelpful representatives. However, by contacting the Better Business Bureau, I was able to achieve favorable resolutions with Chase. Complaints can be filed on BBB's website and the forms allow for detailed information regarding the specific complaint. In the future, I will no longer do business with Chase and I urge others to stay away from them as well.

Va

Comments

• Jc
      3rd of Feb, 2007

I agree with you completely. We canceled our Chase card after they hike our interest rate of 19 % to 29% with no warning. They were over charging us on interest for a transfer which lowered the rate for 60 days. So they had to refund us $264.00, NOW GET THIS, they have charged me interest on the money they over charged me and had to refund me.

STAY AWAY FROM CHASE THEY ARE CROOKED AND I STRONGLY BELIEVE APPLY FRAUDULENT CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

• Ei
      1st of Aug, 2007

I have had a Chase account for 13 years. The customer service seemed to be courteous and reasonable in the earlier years. They have made so many changes lately and it is always for the worst. They treat their customers like dirt.

I have always maintained a $3,000 minimum. In the last year I believe they tricked the customers. They said that checking accounts are now free with no minimum. (I still have an account plus IRA). Now when ever there is a slight problem with the account I am hit with an extremely high fee of $35.00. They paid a check for me with uncollected funds in which the difference was 6 cents. In the past, they would permit me to go over a few pennies. When I explained that $35 was an unreasonable penalty for 6 cents they could not help me. The next day when all of my funds were available I was $35 below which caused more fees on small purchases that I made at convenience stores. So I got a few more fees of $35 each for transactions of $1.00 each. No help from customer service, no satisfaction.

If I keep my money at Chase, they will make more money from me from the unfair fees that they hit me with. They are slow to release your funds, but quick to take the money out. It seems like there is always some problem or change that I am not aware of . At this rate, it is hard to maintain the modest savings that I already have with them. They will of course tell you that checking is "free" and there is no minimum balance. However, by the time they hit you with fees, you cannot even pay your rent!!

• Pa
      19th of Aug, 2007

I too have been harassed by CHASE BANK. If I am late on one (1) payment, they start calling me 4 to 6 times a day. I have my answer phone on. What they do is call, then let it ring until my answer5 machine comes on then hang up. They end up placing one (1) message a day on my phone, so that it looks like they only call me once a day. Pretty clever of them, but I have seen how many times they call me. In the very beginning, I was making a $78.00 a month payment, which they said was what I needed to pay. Least be knowns to me, they were tacking on the interest. Then, when I was over the limit, they tacked on even more. I tried to pay so that I could get caught up. I got a letter from them telling me they were canceling my credit card. When I called them they said I was over the limit. I told them I had been paying what they had told me. They told me if I had a problem with it, to file a complaint. I did. I never heard anything. SO, here I am trying to pay them.

• Mi
      7th of May, 2009

educate yourself and don't be a victim of this horrible company