Chase Home Finance / forced escrow due to chaise's mistake!
In January of 2007, we had county water available to our small community. We decided to hook up with the county, as our well water was not to our satisfaction. We live in a very rural area in NC, and our water department decided to have us make our payments to the tax office. It is called a water assessment fee. Your basic hook up fee. The county gave us a year to pay interest free. We started making payments. I believe we had paid $200 -$300 of the &1200 or so that was due. In January of 2013 it was to be considered delinquent. All of my neighbors, myself included, received letters from their mortgage companies. CHASE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES TO PAY THIS water assessment fee. Chase misread this as a very past due tax,and paid it in July of 2007. They then forced us into escrow. My husband had a credit score of 917,which I am told is unheard of. I had a credit score of 750 which is just ok. It still shows we both pay what we owe.Our house payment has gone from $472.91 to $742 .I have been with Chase since 2000 and have only been late one time. Chase has gone on to pay other things that were not due,and have really punched the fees to me and my husband. We are not rich, and Chase refuses to back down from their position. They called my local tax office and asked them if the money was not owed the day the water lines were installed, of course it was and now I am out of my money. I have paid all my fees. I am even 2 months ahead on my payments. I am trying to refinance. The customer service tells me a different story every time I call. One person told me I had to speak to the escrow department and the escrow department was closed for the day. I was told to call at a later time. I called the next day to pay the ESCROW DEPARTMENT AND WAS TOLD THERE WAS NOT AN ESCROW DEPARTMENT. What do I need to do to get this over with? I have cried, prayed, begged and still to no avail. They still get to screw me over and look as though they have done no wrong.
More Chase Home Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - Customer Service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - bank oversight
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase bank customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - checking account
- Chase Bank - asking me to pay for their mistake!