Chase Credit Card / beware and look at your statements

I just looked at my Chase credit card statement and noticed a $12.99 charge. When I called I was told that is by Privacy Guard and I needed to contact them directly. They also told me the charge has been monthly for two years! I called Privacy Guard and they told me that Chase Customer Service had verbally authorized them to do so. Called Chase back they said, the customer is responsible for such a requests! Well, I am fuming because I was in banking for 12 years, have a graduate degree, work in finance industry, and was at one time a Consumer Loan department supervisor. In addition I have "alert" on my credit reports which nobody can pull one without my signed permission. I am out over $300 and Chase which I am sure is benefiting from this union, is not willing to pay me back. Beware and look at your statements.

Va

Comments

• Ba
      23rd of Jan, 2009

This one is completely true. They'll nail you for months if you're not looking. Sometimes on cards that haven't had activity in years! In their defense, it is a third party company pulling this.