Chase Card Services / unjustifiable late fees

Most recently, I got a statement from Chase Card Services for the period of 2/5/09-3/4/09, the due date was 3/29/29 and the balance was $82.12. I mailed my check and the statement for the following period showed the payment was received on March 13th, but my balance is now $1 of Finance Charge.
Before this, Chase cards slapped on finance charge another time even though payment had been done in time.
And before that, Chase cards sent me the new card but never the statements after that. When I called, they said the statements got returned to them due to wrong address and it was my responsibility to call and check how much I owed and paid in time in that case. By the time I called, they had made $100+ of interest charge. The address wasn't wrong initially as I did get the card and so why was it no longer valid when it was the time to send the statement?

I recommend against getting a credit card from Chase and avoiding at all cost getting a loan from them as they may suck all the $$ out of you till you die.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank