Chase Bank / thief and cheating!
I have been fighting Chase about the fraudulent use of my credit card from July 2007 to September 2007. I notified Chase of the fraudulent activity in late September 2007. They immediately closed the account and put the $3100 worth of charges on a new account to avoid additional fraudulent activity.
It only took Chase a few days to investigate it. Also, on the first day the card was misused, the thief spent $1682.50 on that day alone. All of my creditors notify me of suspicious activity immediately to verify if I authorized it or not. However, Chase never notified me of these charges. I would think a prestigious bank like Chase would notify me ASAP to avoid fraud. The investigators were not very helpful either and refused to listen to me.
When Chase wouldn't help me with this matter I filed a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of Currency, the govt. agency that oversees Chase. They didn't really help me either. All they did was pass the complaint to Chase's Executive office.
From there, I faxed additional information to them and a second investigation was done. They came up with the same conclusion even though I have so much proof that I didn't authorize the charges. I am not sure what to do now. I do not want to pay a lawyer for this because it isn't my fault that my credit card information was fraudulently used.
More Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - charging me insufficient funds fee after I repaid the amount owed
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - fraud refund
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - credit card payments
- Chase Bank - internet
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - atm gave counterfeit money