Chase Bank / thief and cheating!

2500 Westfield Drive IL1-6215Elgin, IL, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 847-488-6835

I have been fighting Chase about the fraudulent use of my credit card from July 2007 to September 2007. I notified Chase of the fraudulent activity in late September 2007. They immediately closed the account and put the $3100 worth of charges on a new account to avoid additional fraudulent activity.

It only took Chase a few days to investigate it. Also, on the first day the card was misused, the thief spent $1682.50 on that day alone. All of my creditors notify me of suspicious activity immediately to verify if I authorized it or not. However, Chase never notified me of these charges. I would think a prestigious bank like Chase would notify me ASAP to avoid fraud. The investigators were not very helpful either and refused to listen to me.

When Chase wouldn't help me with this matter I filed a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of Currency, the govt. agency that oversees Chase. They didn't really help me either. All they did was pass the complaint to Chase's Executive office.

From there, I faxed additional information to them and a second investigation was done. They came up with the same conclusion even though I have so much proof that I didn't authorize the charges. I am not sure what to do now. I do not want to pay a lawyer for this because it isn't my fault that my credit card information was fraudulently used.
Va

Comments

Ma
  6th of Feb, 2008
If there is an honest shakedown attorney these people can be put out of business and in jail.

Soon they will all be in Dubai. They tell us that the UAE are enemies and now they are all there taking your 32% interest rates and investing in China and India. We have been had. Get out of debt and never use chase again. NEVER. Wait until the USA good ol boys find out who really owns them.
Su
  13th of Oct, 2008
They suck - Crooks - I hope they all go out of business
Lu
  3rd of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I work for chase, Customer's are divided into 3 categories. This has nothing to do with how long you have been a customer, or how on time you are with your payments. That means nothing to chase or the employees... I know because thats what they tell me when a customer calls in with a bad story and they have been with us for 30 years, my boss always says " I dont care if they have been with us for 1 year, the answer is no because they dont spend enough for us to help them".

There are 3 types of customers at Chase.
Best - Customer spends more than $15, 000 in finance charges a year, or used their card and pays off balance of around $10, 000 per month (chase gets a small fee for every transaction from the merchant, so even if you dont pay finance charges, the purchases alone add up and chase gets paid that way, but you gotta spend alot!) These customers always gets a late fee removed, Over limit fee or pay by phone fee removed when asked.

Valuable customer - Person that makes around 80-100 grand per year, has about 10-30 grand charged on the card, and pays the min payments every month on time. They get a fee waiver once every 6 months

In-eligible Customer - 80% of Chase's customer base. These customers are your average money making families or people that are retired and living on Social security.These are Customer's that dont charge much on their card and pays it off in full every month to avoid finance charges, or has a couple thousand charged and have a low apr. These customers are not profitable, and therefore do not qualify for any fee removals. Non, Nada, zip. Also delinquent customers or customers that are at high risk (chase does credit checks every 6 months on their customers) And if you ask for the supervisor, They tell you one is not available to speak with and that you have to write in to the correspondence address. Chase use to offer to close your account if you call in for a fee removal, but they stopped doing that. Now its just no.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank