Chase Auto Finance / illegal practices

My husband and I leased a car through Chase Auto Finance, at the end of the lease we were slapped with $1400 is over milage charges. The dealer from whom we purchased the car never gave us a copy of the contact with Chase (we had a copy of a contract with Wells Fargo only, which clearly listed we leased a car with 15k miles per year). I agreed to make payment arrangements with them and was told that after 100 days I would be sent to collections even though I was making payments.

In addition, they would call and harrass us asking when we would be sending a check, the amount and check number. Good luck with their End of Lease Department. They are total jerks and cannot even send a fax face page up!

Comments

• Gi
      31st of Jul, 2007

I have a loan with chase auto finance and they constantly charge me fees that total 30.00 a month. My payments 353.64 and their fees take my payments to 383.64 a month. They say they are late fees and processing fees well since I do not pay my loan late I don't know why these fees are charged. Every other bill I pay on-line is free why do they charge 10.00 for taking the money directly out of my account? what is there to process. They are crooks. Everyone out there stay away from chase!!!

• Ka
      31st of Jul, 2007
    Chase Auto Finance - poor service!

I bought my car in 2017. Dealer gave me the loan from Chase Auto Finance @4% for 60 months. After being at the dealership all day, I was leaving near closing time. I returned to the finance dept. and told them that I needed a 36-month loan, not a 60-month loan, to coincide with the end of my alimony payments. Finance dept. told me to pay $750/month instead of $445 (approx.) and the loan would be paid off in 3 years. ONE YEAR AFTER I made my last payment, Chase called saying that I was late on a payment, and if I did not pay $700 they would repossess my car. I paid, planning to resolve the situation. They called me several times after still claiming that I had another 14 months of payment due. I asked for a supervisor; was told one would call me back and never received a call. I called and requested a statement of my payments and they never sent one. Then my car was repossessed. Now I am supposed to call someone from Chase in the morning to do what - negotiate another payment plan? I need to go through 3 years of bank statements on an account that has been closed for a year and a half to prove that the car was paid off. I am a single parent and I need my car for work or I could lose my job after 6 years. Chase Auto Finance absolutely refused to go through their records of my payments and just came and took my car.

• Al
      8th of Aug, 2007

I have had the same problem with them! They hold my payment and charge me a late fee every month - it doesn't matter WHEN I send my payment, they ALWAYS process it when it is "late". I'm sick and tired of trying to speak to "customer service", if you can call it that, as all of them are extremely rude, ignorant and some can barely speak English. If I could afford it right now I would get a payoff amount and get rid of the miserable s.o.b's. I will never, EVER accept another car finance through Chase and I strongly recommend that everyone steer clear of these greedy crooks.

• Ni
      14th of Nov, 2007
    Chase Auto Finance - have a loan, but can't drive car

I purchased a car from a private seller last week and went through Chase Auto Finance for my loan. Once I got to the closing I signed all my paperwork and then they asked for money to pay for the title transfer, tax and plates. I thought it was no big deal, because it was somewhat similar to what a dealer would do. However, after paying this money I was told that they would mail me my plates, but could not give me temporary plates. WHAT?

I asked how long it would be for me to get the plates in the mail and they said they could not tell me. It could be two weeks or over a month. So, I said that I will go over to the Secretary of State myself to get the plates, but they won't give me the title or paperwork to get it done. So foolishly I decided that if this is how it's always done, then that's what I'll do.

Of course I realized shortly after the fact that I do not have a garage, or even a driveway to park my car that has no plates on it (the girl I bought the car from wanted them back). As you can imagine, it's illegal to leave a car without plates on a city street, I don't have temporary plates, and I have nowhere to park it. What the heck am I supposed to do?

I called the Secretary of State today and they said they've never heard of such a thing. They checked and said the paperwork has not been submitted by Chase yet (it's been a week) and once it's received it can take up to 30 days to process. So it's conceivable I might not have plates for a month and a half after purchasing the car.

I called back to Chase and was told there was nothing they could do. The documents were shipped to the loan processing department, which is not in this state, and I have to wait for the loan to be processed before they will send my info to the Secretary of State.

The branch manager even said that the process was ridiculous and apologized profusely. Whatever you do, don't get your loan through them.

• Le
      5th of May, 2008

Now I can tell you that your first mistake was you believing the dealership, don’t you know the only thing dealers are trying to do is get their money and get you out the door. Now it’s highly unlikely for a company to just repossess your vehicle on the second you stop making a payment, which is how you phrase it, “Then my car was repossessed”. Gasp, like you didn’t see that coming. You were told you had 14 more payments left on your loan, how do you figure you could you just stop paying. Maybe you should have checked your contract or requested a payoff quote from your actual financial institution before you just assumed that the vehicle was paid off. You shot yourself in the foot with that one. I’m sure you were advised time and time again that you were past due, don’t your stubbornness and unwillingness to cooperate with the customer agents get the best of you… it’s what got your vehicle repossessed in the first place. Who you should be complaining to is the dealership, but good luck with getting anywhere with that, you’ll probably get a sympathy pay on the back, if that.

• Al
      26th of Sep, 2008
    Chase Auto Finance - horrible company
    101 Old Stone Way
    Weymouth
    Massachusetts
    Phone: 781-974-5555

Chase is the worst most rude company I have ever had a car loan through. Heres my story. I went through a private dealership, on my way to buy a beatiful car. I ended up buying my car august of 2017, for about 13000$. My interest rate was horrible, and chase would not allow me to refianance even though for the first 12 months I paid on time every month. Last month, my boyfriend and I got into a bad accident, and of course we had all sorts of problems with our insurance paying our claim. After not being able to work due to a broken foot for over a week, I feel behind in bills. I couldnt pay my car payment for 45 days, and tried sending in smaller payments. I started recieving very rude phone calls from people at chase threatening to send cops to my work. Then I recieved a call from some "man" who said he was a cop coming to serve me. Well the guy wasnt a cop and he worked for chase. Long story short, I made an agreement for my car to be picked up the following morning. This was a verbal agreeement they took my car w out my consent

• Lu
      21st of Oct, 2008
    Chase Auto Finance - everything
    Jp Morgan
    Missouri

Chase are crooks -

Why do you think they're the only company left??!! They scam you into paying $14 to PAY your payment (even if its early) over the phone; don't send them a post dated check, cause they'll cash it whatever day they get it. They have no control over that. Its a machine that processes the checks.. but don't be late on your payment! They have NO CLUE as to what they are talking about as far as they're unspoken rules; they're rude and they harass you constantly if your 24 hours past your "due" date.. Im talking if your payments due the 1st and not paid, you can expect an hourly call on the 2nd and daily there after until you're payment is paid... that by the way, you have to pay them $14 to take.
    Your loan contract is a hoax. When you try to call them on it - they have some b s reason as to why it is no longer "valid" or some deeper explanation as to why you didn't read it properly.
    They take high risk borrowers so they can take advantage of them by their 23 percent intrest rate and rob people of their sanity. I mean, lets not offer any incentive at all for on time payments and trying to better your credit for whatever reason it might be.. let's just add to the problem and make it a bigger hell for 80% of the "in debt" americans to regain they're credit in this "you have to be rich or a top executive" credit world. And
    Heaven forbid if you want to change the due date of your payment to prevent loan from going in default in the future.. be prepared to pay big for that.. some people have $9 or $10 A DAY interest in addition to your already contracted loan amount. And you can NEVER change the date again for the life of the loan.
    Lets think why they are one of the largest auto loan company around.. hmm... Fannie Mae/ Freddie Mac lending practices going on?? probably. Lets give high risk lenders a loan that they can barely pay but only on a brand new vehicle not a used cheaper one, then we'll see them lose it for non payment due to the failing economy (no thanks to us and our big whig top execs making the big bucks) and they're credit will still remain garbage and this note will add to the mess.
    Great idea Chase. Glad to see you have the american way down.
    Greed, power, and top execs...
    Sometimes driving off a cliff with they're investment seems all too tempting just to get out from under a piss poor company. After all, they want us to continue to have bad credit so they can charge the 23+ percent intrest and 10% handling fees.. how else would they make their money.
    I agree with everyone complaining about this company. They suck and I pity anyone that has to deal with them. Hopefully they will be one that goes down soon.

• Un
      4th of Dec, 2008

I have to second that. They are a total PITA. I'm sorry, but I send my check 10 days in advance of the pymt date to be sure it gets there and then they don't cash it for days. WTH is up w/that? We will be re-financing our loan on the 1 year anniversary date of the loan, I can guarantee you that!

• Ga
      5th of Feb, 2009
    Chase Auto Finance - incompetent and impossible!

After paying off the car loan, confirming that the transfer of money went through and was cleared and all, it has been impossible to obtain a receipt, statement or proof that the car has been paid off.

Also, I have dealt with a very helpful person but when trying to get back to her with the extension number she provided, all the customer service representatives answering the phone have refused to transfer me, and were unable to help me.

If you need the lien removed from your title, make sure to ALLOW more than a month and God knows how much longer until they finally send you a lien release.

Awful, very frustrating customer service. "There is nothing I can do" aptitude. Very dissapointing.

Will never again finance a car with Chase.

• Av
      24th of Feb, 2009

I just lost my job a month ago and my car payment through chase is 18 days late. They keep calling me leaving nasty messages and then proceeded to call my brother in a different state with a different last name!!! They must have a payment no later than this friday before 4:00 PM or else! The woman that keeps calling is Cheryl from Tampa. She is nothing short of a harrasing abusive witch!

• Le
      5th of Jul, 2009
    Chase Auto Finance - lies-only help white people !
    chase auto
    2501 fiesta ct nw
    Lenior
    North Carolina
    Phone: (828)-962-7299

I asked chase to help me lower my payments due to separation of my wife and i. I was told I qualify only to be disrespected by the office. Told me I could have payments lowered and still got me waiting on a reply — my friend made the same request (White) got a reply in 3 days same situation. Chase is racist and unfair to costemers (Black)

• Re
      5th of Jul, 2009

How is that being racist? Just because he got something you didnt doesnt mean it had anything to do with skin color. It gets old hearing people like you playing the race card every time you dont get what you want.

• St
      11th of Jul, 2009
    Chase Auto Finance - rude representation
    137 Manor Avenue
    Hempstead
    New York
    Phone: 516-643-2382

I ve spoken to an extremely rude representative named
    George re: making another payment towards my account. I
    had already put another $100 on it to catch it up some.
    He told me to keep the money and that he cant do anything
    with that. He also said that they will not accept any
    payment less than the $420.00 that is owed. Which is a fat lie. I am extremely livid by this response. I am also a customer service rep
    who has dealt with collections over 10 years. Where I am now, I am expected to deliver courtesy to our subscribers no matter what. I am expected to be empathatic in their dilemmas no matter what otherwise I won t be employed. This was disgusting representation. I then asked for a supervisor and he flat out told me no and to call back.
    This was 7/9/09 at 5:45pm. I am awe struck that if calls are being monitored as my calls are that these reps still work there & are getting away with speaking to people in this manner. I will never bank with you all because of the many mishandlings that I have experienced via phone. This treatment is unacceptable even if an
    account is delinquent. I cant help my situation right now but I am doing my best and to be treated in this manner is ridiculous and I want something done. I have called and I can honestly say I've literally had 2 nice reps. This is why I dont call back when left a message. I do want something done about this and the phone call pulled and analyzed. I also called back and was tranferred into a
    full voice mail for a supervisor. I called back again and
    another rep left me on hold and didnt come back to the
    phone. Simply outragous. I would never be able to get away
    with this type of treament to our customers because our
    management team listens to each call. I hope that you take
    this seriously because this strategy is also illegal being
    that aggressive. I do want that call pulled. I tried calling back again sw a Lovell id # n095682 (if this is a real #) he also would not get me to a supervisor. This is on 7/10/09. These people should all be fired. I know I would be if I talked to people in that manner. I am sending a copy to the Better Business Bureau as well. I really hope something is done about this because this is inexcusable.

20th of Jul, 2009
    Chase Auto Finance - no bills
    Phoenix
    Arizona

This auto finance dept. sends bills which are received too late to pay on time, IF they are sent at all. This has happened over and over again. When I called and made a complaint, I was told they were changing over to a "paperless system, " and that I would receive several "tickets, " to be paid, once a month. Once those tickets ran out, I had none left. I don't know who they are trying to kid, they are out to collect more money in late charges. I couldn't help but notice that they send those out pretty quickly.
    Jan Timmons
    Cornish, N.H.

22nd of Jul, 2009
    Chase Auto Finance - harrassing, rude representatives, horrible business practices treat loyal, paying customers like they're nothing
    Chase Bank
    Ft Worth
    Texas

I financed my vehicle thru Chase via the dealership I purchased through. Okay so I had never had a late payment in almost two years my husband and I were in the process of moving when I get a call from our old neighbors saying that there was a tow truck asking for me and looking for my vehicle I had no idea why so I went online to look at our banking stuff and realized I had forgotten in the midst of all the moving to pay the Chase payment but it was only 5 days late so I thought there is no way they are trying to repo my vehicle. Well I call Chase up immediately to see and sure enough it was them looking to repo my truck I asked them about a grace period because I had never heard of anyone sending out a repo truck if you are only five days late that is when she told me that they could repo my truck if I was one day late ~ I had never in my life heard of such a thing.

Well here it is another 2 years down the road (this thing is almost paid off) and again, we have had no late payments since in fact we have always usually paid early; well my husband was laid off and we got a week behind on our bills but again we were not over 7 days late on this truck payment and they call my husband and are questioning him and being so very rude to him basically he felt as if he was being interrogated about his job, the payment, our address where the vehicle was parked at. So he got frustrated and asked them why they were being so harassing and rude and told them we had never had a late payment in 4 years other than 1 previous time then he asked them if they just wanted to come and pick up the truck because they continued to press and press when he said he was laid off asking him if he had any other source of income, etc. Basically none of their business we were only a few days late and they hung up on him after the questions and rudeness. They just hung up.

How can these people not have a grace period? Doesn't every other reputable bank or finance company in the country have one. How can they send out someone to repo your vehicle after 5 days and threaten to do it if you're one day late.

I think this is the rudest most harassing company i have ever dealt with and I will NEVER EVER do any sort of business with them again. When this thing gets paid off (this year thank God!) I will never look back and I am telling everyone I know ... AVOID CHASE AT ALL COSTS

All I can do is shake my head at this company and wonder how they can treat LOYAL, PAYING CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS.

30th of Jul, 2009

norman, its wine*

###, obama is in office so get yo damn ### str8nd out, aint no more racism but the racism you and the media put out there. now stfu wit dat ###.. as long as u wanna be a ###, u gonna be ###

20th of Oct, 2009
    Chase Auto Finance - lies, lies and more lies!
    Pennsylvania

On October 19th, I received a telephone message at home to call Chase regarding a “special program” they were offering. Curious, I called to find out what this was all about. I spoke to a Ms. Evans, who informed me that the “special program” was one in which I could skip a payment to get back on track. I told her that doing that would not help me, as I was unable to afford the monthly payments. I told her that I had written to Chase to inquire into their willingness to accept fair market value for the car to pay off the loan in full. She told me they could do that, that the process would go through the “outbound settlement department” and would take about a week to process. Very excited, I told her I would have to call back because I was home for lunch and needed to get back to work. She told me to call back, as for “outbound settlement” and complete the process.

Today, I called Chase while I was home for lunch to complete the settlement process. The first person I spoke to was “Tiffany.” I went over with her what I had discussed with Ms. Evans yesterday. Tiffany asked what the offer of settlement was, and I told her it was $10, 500.00 (the pay-off right now is $13, 031.00, Chase would lose very little), the figure I got from several car dealerships and from the NADA Guide and Kelley Blue Book. She asked when I would like to complete the settlement and I told her it would be within a week or two. She placed me on hold and the next thing I know, I am transferred to Collections. The person I spoke to in Collections told me that there were no settlements, that the amount I owed was what I owed and nothing less. I told her what Ms. Evans and Tiffany had told me and she said there was no such thing as the “outbound settlement department.” I wanted to speak to a supervisor, which of course, they would not let me do. She put me on hold and came back on the phone and told me that no one there ever heard of Chase participating in a settlement with a consumer, that they do not make deals with people. I told her that this was my biggest complaint about Chase, that one ends up in a circle of contradicting information. This is just so typical of how Chase treats their customers. Customer service is a foreign concept to their employees. I will NEVER deal with Chase again. I've gone through a year and half of dealing with these ###s and I am no further ahead than I was when I started. HORRIBLE!

• Pi
      4th of Nov, 2009

there is a graceperiod and it depends on the state, but it doesnt mean that even if there is a graceperiod the financial institution doesnt have the right to repo your car. the graceperiod is set in place for the assesment of late fees but as far as repo is concerned, they can do it even if the acct is only 1 dat past due especially if they deem you as a high risk customer. i would suggest you read the terms of your contract coz it will clearly state that there.

• Mz
      9th of Dec, 2009

Not sure where to start. I have made 2 payments in the last 2 weeks and my December payment was due on the 6th. This is the 9th and they are calling me for another payment. I told her I would make a payment after the 16th for December. She says that was not acceptable. It would be 10 days past due. I owe less than $500 on this vehicle. Never again will I do business with them. I am on social security and only get my funds once a month.

• Is
      10th of Dec, 2009

I paid off my car a long time ago ... Chase never sent me the title. When I called them looking for the title, they gave many different stories about the lien release, none of which were true according to the Massachusetts Registry of Vehicles. When you ask to speak to someone who is in charge of lien releases/titles, they tell you that these people do not have a phone and you cannot speak with them. My car was totaled and as a result of the incompetence/duplicity of these jerks at Chase, I cannot get my settlement from the insurance company. I have no clue what to do at this point.