Charter One Bank / fees and policies
I'll give credit where it's due - the tellers are always friendly to me.
Other than that - the management, policies, national customer service, and fees - this as the worst I've ever used. They charge $39 for each overdraft, and submit the largest charge first to maximize the number of charges. They offer an on-line balance, but it is not accurate. Everything is calculated off another balance that they have access to but you don't.
I was recently charged $117 in overdraft fees, though the website shows funds were available. When I called to ask about it, the representative in North Carolina had to put me on hold three times and still couldn't explain it. I asked for his manager, who identified himself as Kendon Barretta. Mr. Barretta told me that the site clearly states that the balance is not accurate (it doesn't) and berated me for spending money I didn't have!
When I asked for his supervisor, he said "I am the manager." Okay, I can play that game - "Let me talk to someone who has more authority than you do." I asked "That's me." I had to laugh out loud.
I'm joining a Credit Union.
More Charter One Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Charter One Bank - don't bank at charter one! 
- Charter One Bank - customer service
- Charter One Bank - do not even think of working there 
- Charter One Bank - the worst bank ever 
- Charter One Bank - lost credit cards
- Charterbank - my overdraft protection
- Charter One Bank - claims department
- Charter One Bank - manipulation of employess 
- Charter One Bank - taking rtewards points away 
- Charter One Bank - mortgage loan