Charter Communications / customer service

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I called to request a payment extension due to a delayed paycheck.The customer service rep was very difficult to understand and refused to give a 5 day extension.And proceeded to tell me that my services would be interrupted if I didnt pay right than n there.I have taken services off to make my bill cheaper but it seems to be well over 300 dollars a month somehow.Charters prices are continually raised and they have extremely poor customer service.

Ca
Apr 7, 2013

Comments

• Fr
      4th of Jan, 2009

I have no internet connection and extremely poor TV reception- for over a week now on and off for a couple of minutes a day and today no internet at all (I didn't bundle so thank goodness I still have the phone). I called on Dec. 27th and customer rep Elizabeth at Charter told me they would send someone out right away (no one came that day or the next day and I waited all day at home). Then I called only to find that elizabeth had scheduled me for an appointment 4 days later (on Dec. 31st) despite telling me that someone was coming right out. I called and complained and someone came out that night (the 30th) but the internet and the TV were working fine so he couldn't figure out what was wrong. Of course, 1/2 hour after he left the connections were down again. I called again and customer service Rep Robert told me that someone would come yesterday between 8 and 11. At 11 when no one had come, I called again. It turns out that I was lied to for a second time and customer service rep Kathy informed me that an appointment had been scheduled by Robert instead for this coming Tuesday at 4 p.m. (I won't be home then and told the fellow that I would not be available during the week and that he needed to come immediately since I have already been 7 days without service). I asked to speak to a supervisor but they wouldn't put me through and customer service rep Brian claimed that he had to talk to the supervisor for me (35 minutes on the phone yesterday morning). I was told that someone would come in the next 24 hours . I've lost valuable time having to stick around the house waiting for them to come only to find out that they have lied to me! Why can't they be honest and tell you when they are scheduling you so that you know or can at least tell them that during working hours you are not at home? Customer service truly is non-existent and you can't get a simple, honest answer. I can't understand why it takes 4 or 5 days to get a service call and why Charter won't tell you when they are truly scheduling a service call. Instead they present misinformation.

• La
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Charter Communications misrepresented a promotional offer. When I asked to speak to a supervisor regarding my concern, I was told one was unavailable and was placed on hold for 4o minutes.

Charter's customer service is terrible. I would avoid dealing with this company.

• Er
      7th of Jul, 2009

I have had Charter internet for about 2 years. I recently added the cable package as to try and "trim" some cost. I let go of my beloved Direct TV...which I miss dearly! At any rate, Charter promised 12 locked in price bundle. Then ofcourse that changed when I called back to asked how they figured the prorated amount on my bill. They go back on their word and what has been promised to customers. They change bundle pricing from one call to the next. After asking to speak to someone who understood and SPOKE good English (without and Indian accent) I was able to get the manager to stand by what I was quoted. Unfortunately, this is the ONLY cable company in my area. As well as the only DSL internet provider that we have access too. We live in a rural area and this is all I can be offered! I am a hostage to bad customer service!!!

Just a word of advice...when your bundle is about to expire, go to your local Charter Communication office. They will offer you a better deal in order to keep you as a customer.If you tell them you want to drop services, they will offer something better!!!

26th of Feb, 2010

Charter Communications customer service is horrible! You first have to deal with an automated service, which keeps you on the phone for sometimes hours. Having you (the client) attempt trouble shooting, by rebooting equipment. Then if the problem doesn't get fixed, you can get transferred to an agent who asks you a million questions (telephone number on the account, name, address, last 4 #'s of your social security, and whom are they speaking with); then, they go through the same process the automated service went through, if the problem still doesn't get fixed they schedule a technician to come out. At the end of the call (regardless of what you're calling for) they always want to go through your services and try to sell you something new. As if it isn't bad enough that they keep you on the phone for ever trying to fix a problem with their service or equipment. Who in their right mind would want to add additional services? I already pay over $240/month for the bundle package (cable-internet-phone).