Charter Communications / billing nightmare

I've been in conversation with Charter Communications for the past three months, attempting to fix my bill. It seems that by employing people without a command of the English language, and the inability to make adjustments, you can make big profits!

Mi

Comments

• Lo
      30th of Dec, 2006

I too have had a terrible experience with charter over their billing. They merged another account with mine and straightening it out has been unbelievably difficult. they are a horrible company with customer services that leave you wanting to strangle someone

21st of Aug, 2007

Charter did nothing short of lie to us about the charge for bundling their services. We added phone to our existing cable and internet and were told it would only be $24.95 a month, and would NEVER go up. Well, now it's $39.99 a month and the cable and internet are going up, too. This was a total out-and-out bold-face lie on their part and I'm furious about the fact they are doing this to, obviously, more people than just us. Is there nothing can be done about this???

Advise smb!

• Ha
      12th of Jan, 2008

I also have a serious problem with Charter. They really do not seem to care at all about customer retention. No fewer than three of my co-workers and I compared our bills for the same services and guess what there are three different amounts for the same services ( we are talking apples to apples service with a 50$ a month difference in billing) and then the compition called and offered a lower still bill for the same services. I contacted charter and was told in broken english by one of thier many outsourced workers that cost many many american jobs that I should just go to the compition. I know that in a time of reccession that we are currently going through that a few dollars a month can add up to diapers, formula or even a prescription for many of us myself included. I expressed this concern with Charters Corp. offices and was told that it was because of specials offered at that time and they could not do anything about billing issues or even attempt to match the compition, therefore defacto telling me that Charter does not care about thier customers and only cares about how much they can overcharge each person for the same packages. please advise me on how I can rectify this situation and get Charter to start careing about customer service and retention.

• Sh
      16th of Jul, 2008

i am not sure what to do after all these complaints. i called the main number to get internet services. at first the boy was trying to be a smart aleck. when you call and ask about a product you expect them to start giving you the sales pitch. he just said yep and waited for me to say something. anyway he changed his tune and started helping me. i asked him if they had a senior discount and he replied no but that he could get me a free installation. sounded good eexcept then my bill gets here and there is a $49.00 installation fee. great. right. my husband just got out of a home after a stroke thar caused severe seizures. i have cable and interrnet and my first bill is $165.00.

• Al
      29th of Dec, 2008

I'm currently going through billing problems myself with Charter because they did not adjust my bill. It is helpful to read about other complaints similar to mine.

• Pa
      28th of Jul, 2009

Just try and prove to anyone at charter that you already talked to someone and they had made promises. All you will do is talk to yet another "Bob" in Calcuta who will not do anything they said either. Throw on top of that they sub-contract out the service calls so you really have no say in when, where or if your service appointment happens.

• Ca
      12th of Oct, 2010

I hate Charter too! I am getting a lawyer to help me! I have been overcharged from day one. My bill has NEVER benn below the 69.99 a month they promised me! My salesman is a complete liar and no one in their array of Overseas outsource workers cares for Americans enough to even ty to help us! They don't know what the heck they are talking about!! One customer service rep (Mr. Smooth Talker) even got me to pay almost $130.00 for a bill he FIXED that was only supposed to be $71 after tax! I caled to get that fixed and I was told my bill wasn't due until Oct. NOW they say I never paid the September bill. Then why in the bleap did I pay them $130.00. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! Now they Say I still owe them almost $90 for the upcoming bill in November. Whatever! No one can tell me where my money went only that I owed it. I have only had services since June I have paid them(minus the month of Nov. bill) $271.60 in 3 months. That's $90.53 a month. What happened to my $59.98 a month bundle? They talked me into the wire service. It was originally $3.99 now, without warning it's $4.99 That's $60 a year I have to waste so they can do service, on their equipment, in my home, when They have an outage. I tried to take it off my bill today and was instantly put on hold so she could put me on the phone with some fancy talking Ahole who will try to force me to keep it! I am sooo done with Charter!!!
    When I talked to the "Escalation Manager" at the Corporate Office he was like, "I don't know why they didn't fix it, they all know how and are trained to do so. I will have to send them for counseling." "Don't worry ma'am, I will take care of everything." He did, but the rest of the incompetitent CSR's they have at Charter have really messed up my account, they can't seem to fix it, or to give me my money back. My Lawyer will be sending them a letter tomorrow. I want my money back and my lawyer is going to get it.

• Ca
      12th of Oct, 2010

I wrote they promised me a 69.99 bundle it was actually a $59.98 bundle

• Ad
      3rd of Nov, 2011

Charter double billed me for internet service to the tune of $300+. When I asked for this to be corrected they said it was too late. Good business or theft? You decide. I'd love to have Comcast here!!!

• Am
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Charter Communications - Cable service
    Milledgeville
    Georgia

I have completed all troubleshooting methods. Blue light is on. Message on screen says will be available shortly. This has been going on for a couple of days. Troubleshooting methods have been completed multiple times. Channels aren't playing. Channels aren't playing and all settings are accurate

• Da
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Charter Communications - Bill
    Spartanburg
    South Carolina

I was told i would get a bill in 20days are less for $109.00 and i would not get a bill after the first bill for two months i received one this morning which is less than a month for 51 dollars you to explain.

• Be
      11th of Sep, 2018
    Charter Spectrum - ID Theft
    Jacksonville
    Florida

I received a notification that I have bad service in Brock-away Beach, NY. I have never been to NY. I am not responsible for this bill.
    Received from ERC: reference # 176757979 Amount 512.25
    Date: 9/27/2017 received notice.
    Was told to make a report for ID theft

• La
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Charter Communications - TV Streaming Services
    charter.net

"The HBO GO and Max GO apps for Apple TV are currently not available for Spectrum customers." Please advise if and when this will be fixed

• Sc
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Charter Communications - About a tech
    Duncanville
    Texas

I know for a fact Sean Deane who is a tech at spectrum just got promoted is drinking and doing cocaine in his charter van. I have valid proof w pictures, and he just got promoted. He lives in dfw, tx and has worked in duncanville recently.

• De
      1st of Nov, 2018
    Charter Communications - Time Warner Spectrum
    Van Wert
    Ohio

I am unhappy that we can't get service on our road.
    Four families want to connect with you. I have called for two years to get service . I can't understand if this many people plus, want your service that you won't give us the service.
    There are two houses between us that has your service.
    11201 Hoghe Rd. Van Wert 45891