Time Warner Cable Pay Express — online payment is a rip-off!
I have been using Time Warner Cable's PayExpress service to pay my cable bill online. I thought it was an electronic method of payment, but a recent payment was "lost" by Time Warner employees because they manually enter the payments submitted online. They incorrectly entered my checking account number so that the electronic check was not found, so they charged me a collection fee and a late fee totaling $15.25. When I received my next bill, I called Time Warner about these charges, they claimed to send me a letter stating that my bank -Chase, returned the electronic check. I never received the letter. I called my Bank and they never received a request for an electronic check from Time Warner. Time Warner charged me for their mistake. They did not contact me by phone or by letter.
I suggest that everyone refrain from using company websites to pay their bills online. Instead use your Bank's Online BillPay, or better yet use the old fashioned method of mailing in your payment, because even the US Post Office is better at getting your bill payment delivered than private companies online payment "electronic" manually entered centers. Even better, the USPS will not charge you late and collection fees for their mistake.
For two reasons I dropped Time Warner Cable because they are not interested in providing the best customer service. The first is detailed above. The second reason is I was a TWC Roadrunner high speed Internet customer from the very first when they provided this service in Austin for eight years in Austin, Texas. I payed the full 44.95 per month for 8 years. They offered discounts of 29.95/month to new customers for 6 months but never offered this discount to their original first time loyal Roadrunner Customers. I now subscribe to another high speed internet provider, and another TV provider.
More Time Warner Cable Pay Express Complaints & Reviews
- Charter communications - hard core porn shows on tv
- Time Warner Cable - picture loss, poor quality
- Time Warner Cable - false promotion
- Charter communications - service outages
- Charter communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru
- Time Warner Cable - harassment/aggressive upselling/rudeness
- Time Warner Cable - billing
- Time Warner Cable - fails to pay refund
- Time Warner - terrible experience!
- Cui - Communications Unlimited (Charter Cable - Communications) - Bad Service / mis-management