Time Warner Cable Pay Expressonline payment is a rip-off!

E

I have been using Time Warner Cable's PayExpress service to pay my cable bill online. I thought it was an electronic method of payment, but a recent payment was "lost" by Time Warner employees because they manually enter the payments submitted online. They incorrectly entered my checking account number so that the electronic check was not found, so they charged me a collection fee and a late fee totaling $15.25. When I received my next bill, I called Time Warner about these charges, they claimed to send me a letter stating that my bank -Chase, returned the electronic check. I never received the letter. I called my Bank and they never received a request for an electronic check from Time Warner. Time Warner charged me for their mistake. They did not contact me by phone or by letter.

I suggest that everyone refrain from using company websites to pay their bills online. Instead use your Bank's Online BillPay, or better yet use the old fashioned method of mailing in your payment, because even the US Post Office is better at getting your bill payment delivered than private companies online payment "electronic" manually entered centers. Even better, the USPS will not charge you late and collection fees for their mistake.

For two reasons I dropped Time Warner Cable because they are not interested in providing the best customer service. The first is detailed above. The second reason is I was a TWC Roadrunner high speed Internet customer from the very first when they provided this service in Austin for eight years in Austin, Texas. I payed the full 44.95 per month for 8 years. They offered discounts of 29.95/month to new customers for 6 months but never offered this discount to their original first time loyal Roadrunner Customers. I now subscribe to another high speed internet provider, and another TV provider.

• Gj
    G. Jones Aug 26, 2016

Three years ago I had Time Warner Cable. Apparently TW subsidizes its technical work with local vendors. I had a poor experience doing business with TW because every month my bill got higher and higher, and when I called to complain about the charges which sometimes were three times the cost of my regular bill, they refused to acknowledge they were wrong. So, I cancelled my service with them. But they only took the cable boxes and refused to detach the cable wire still active on my house. I called the local office, and I was told they would send someone out. No one came. The wires are somehow emitting louder high frequency waves than they ever have before causing me great headaches, loss of sleep and exerbation of hypertension. I have called to again have them removed, and I was addressed by someone whocould barely speak English, and I could hear someone coaching the woman what to say. She just kept repeating a chant..."Were sorry for the inconvenience, but we cannot remove the wires because you no longer have an account with us. " Please advise. Thank you

• Ms
    msantana8164 Aug 22, 2016

I just opened an account with Time Warner and they have been HORRIBLE I have NOT even received my first bill and I have been having horrible service. the first time the Tech came over to install my service they only installed one box which was the wrong thing I wanted I wanted 2 boxes they could not arrange for a tech to come as soon as possible so they sent me another tech a week later I explained that I worked and the Tech need to call my husbands number I provided them with the number what did they do they called my number instead I could not answer the phone so they claimed they called both numbers my husband took a day off just to stay home to let the Tech in when I called and explained they told me there was nothing they could do but to arrange another appt for another Tech to come I arranged for another Tech to come the third time the Tech came he came an hr and a half late which was very inconsiderate of him and to top it off I noticed I had NO showtime I called again Customer service they put me on hold for 20 minutes and when a supervisor came on he was mean and did not try and help me at all he said he needed to send another tech to my house because my serial number to my cable box does not match the serial number they have like if that is my problem that is NOT my problem and then they could not send me a tech the next day I had to wait an extra week this is HORRIBLE Customer Service I have never ever dealt with a company that is this rude and inconciderate I work with customer service and I would be fired if I treated my customers this way!!!

• Wk
    wkordon Aug 19, 2016

Time Warner is the master of the big monopoly business that screw the little guy whenever they can. I moved out of my apartment into a home in the middle of August and returned my cable box. They said the computer recorded my cable box return in September and billed me for August and September. Their customer service department is pathetic. When I refused to pay, they sent it to collections. In order to protect my credit score, I paid for 6 weeks in a location that I did not live. Time Warner is so large, they don't really care about screwing the public because they know they will find another sucker. I will never use Time Warner services again and I urge you all to beware before doing any business wtih Time Warner.

jacval60 Jul 22, 2016

I called a few days ago and told them do to financial difficulties I would be canceling my cable subscription, but still would keep my internet so my common law can look for a job on the internet. He is 59 years old and the employers want young blood so he has been out of job for 3 years. We have been living on $1, 700 a month with a mortgage of $1, 100 and by the time bills are paid we have very little for food. We tried for home modification and was told it was in the bag but then got call saying it would take a year for it to be approved. Chase also cares only for profit. I was told to bring cable boxes in by 9th of month cause that is when the bill is due. So on the 8th of May I called my prepaid debt card from Social Security cause my son and I are disabled and was told that Time Warner put a hold on money for my cable bill $189 that is a lot considering I only got basic cable. How could they do that? When they always took it out on the 9th of the month. Now I'm short for my mortgage I thought I would have enough so I payed all my bills did not know that Time Warner would swindle me. Now I was told they will only give me credit for the internet that they do not give cash back. Chase will not accept the money for mortgage unless it is the whole amount. And I have no other family to help me and my sick son. I dealt with Time Warner before and know how they work, when I first signed up for them to take money off of my debt card I was told it would take a month before they took it off. So I went and paid the cable bill and then found out they had taken it out of my account that month also I tried to get my money back and was told Time Warner will not give you your money back but will credit your account. Well when you have bills they need to be paid I got late charges on all my bills. I have been a cable customer for 20 years and lately I noticed that they show nothing but re-runs no new programs and they want to raise the bill to $200 a month. I suggest you get Netflix you can watch any movie, TV show, Documentary etc and the price is reasonable.Lord knows I can not afford it can not even afford to eat good.

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Jul 19, 2016

Absolutely right! Time Warner gips you on broadband - bigtime!..I know they do because the internet at my other house is same rate but way faster and doesn't bog down when the kids are home from school or on Sat Sun mornings like it does with Time Warner. And their basic cable is a joke. They have taken off any really good stations and have only 2 PBS stations whereas off the air I get 6 all with better reception. Total Complete Ripoff!

• I ordered Time Warner Cable for two reasons Time Warner claimed to have the fastest speeds in this area. When I finally moved here the apartment complex came with Time Warner Cable pre wired with free HBO and Showtime. It took Time Warner two weeks to turn on the HBO and Showtime. Customer service was courteous each time I called. The first time the customer service agent said that cable was an issue the apartment complex had to deal with. The second time the customer service agent said it was a local agent’s job and the third time I called the customer service agent took care of the issue. Internet speeds are junk. I pay more for 1Mbs up and 15 down, the fastest speeds for residential use, with speed boost. My actual speeds are, .488Mbs up and 18Mbs down (according to speedtest.net). Therefore, I am getting speeds that are offered for half the cost. My phone line rings off the hook with ADT and other security companies offering me their services. This started 24 hours after Time Warner installed my phone lines. These people know all the information I gave to Time Warner when signing up even though I have an unlisted phone number and I have recently joined the national do not call list. All-in-all Time Warner are crooks. They have the capability to run much faster lines but have it dialed way down for some unknown reason. Oh, and as for the free cable I get more pixel scatters and snowy screens than any other service I have ever had from any other state and I have their box!

• Ev
    Evg Jul 19, 2016

Time warner cable's customer service is not worthy. After many lengthy hold time over the phone, you end up talking to non-experienced workers directing your call to only another person with no knowledge of the business. I signed up for the service because of the rebates offered, yet, over three months, no rebate, and customer service has no idea about a rebate. Also, my cable box was replaced three times. Poor equipment and customer service.

• Se
    Sergejus Jul 19, 2016

customer service !!!

• De
    demark Jul 19, 2016

i have had time warner cable for years and I am fed up with their overcharging and getting away with it. It seems that every couple of months the prices for their half -assed service goes up. I think it is such a shame that these cable companies have all of the control in our ability to have television, which is why they have the ability to rob us every chance they get. And I too have experienced their double billing crap and their explanation for it was all double-talk

• Di
    disgruntled for good reason Jul 19, 2016

From its misleading, deceptive advertising and unscrupulous sales reps to poorly maintained equipment and cabling - you will only be more disappointed by their jaw-droppingly horrific customer service. Buyer beware. If you have no choice but to utilize TWC, READ ALL proverbial SMALL PRINT CAREFULLY - and then, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT! Do not trust TWC with auto pay, as you can expect even a contract invoice to fluctuate wildly. Make sure you have limitless phone minutes, as you will need them when attempting to secure tech support or correct your invoice. Oh, and one more thing, do not bother reading the BBB report... What a surprise - it is biased.

Chupa Jul 19, 2016

After deciding to add the digital phone service when I transferred my service from one home to the other back in mid-August, my number hasn't been ported as of yet and it's been over a month.

Before signing up for the digital phone service, I specifically asked for my existing number to be ported. I was assured that it can be done. When my service was installed at my new home, I asked the tech when can I expect my number to port over. I was told it'll take up to 10-days. My install date was 8-17.

Two weeks ago (9-17) I contacted TWC to find out why my number has not ported. I was told by the customer rep that there was no request to port my number. I replied that was incorrect and I had asked to have my number ported when I decided to add the digital phone service as part of my existing package.

I was then told that my number should've been ported when my service was installed and they can't do it now! The rep then offered to me to add the number as a 2nd line for an additional $29.99. I told the rep "NO!" I also stated to the rep that the port can be done and I wasn't about to add a 2nd line when they screwed up!

The following week I called again and spoke to another TWC customer rep. I explained the situation to the customer rep and he apologized for the inconvenience and stated he will start the paper work to get my number ported.

Today (9-28), I received a voicemail from TWC rep requesting that I call back to give them authorization to port my number. Jesus Christ! I had already given them authorization when I first added the service. I gave the authorization last week! Now they're asking me for my authorization again!!

What a bunch of clowns!

• Ia
    Iamcdc36 Jul 19, 2016

TWC has over charged my bank acct $288.99. Come to find out they posted a second payment from my bank acct to someone elsea cable acct! I must have called at least 15 times in the last week and a half trying to get my money back. Not one person seemed to want to help or really care. I went to the local office to see what I needed to do to get the money back I was over charged the two women in the office told me I needed my bank stmt I took my statement back two days later and the women told me no they needed a copy of the transaction. They also told me I needed to fax it to some number I asked them to please fax it for me since I don't have a fax machine. They refused. They had attitude and were only making me more mad. I left. The next day my cable was cut off and a note saying we were illegally connected. Come to find out they came to my complex and physically CUT my cable line. When I called them they said there was no record of any disconnection notice on their side? Hmm yea ok. So after all of this I still haven't got my money back. I will be taking further action against them and I will cancel their service as soon as I get my money. Bottom line they steal, lie and vandalize your cable lines.

• Ho
    hotincentraltx Jul 19, 2016

I had purchased a bundle deal that was for 2 years. When it expires they don't let you know until your bill comes and it is $60-$70 higher than the previous bill. I talk to someone at Time Warner and he tells me to pay $158 of the $202 bill and we (TWC) will catch it up later after I signed up for a new package. Ok I do this and on my next bill it says $43.20 DUE NOW. I call again and was told this is Ok it will be adjusted. Now my next bill has a $7 late fee attached to it. I call again and they told me it was because I didn't pay the whole bill. I had the persons name that told me to pay partial bill and date but, no not these idiots. I hate satellite but it looks like that is the way I'm heading. Way to go Time Warner lose $1896 dollars a year for $7 charge.

• Me
    mercielZero Jul 19, 2016

The billing department is BRAIN-DEAD!!! On May 13 we discontinued service. returned their DVR, cable cards, and tuning adapter. They gave us a receipt for the equipment. Now starting June 9 we began to receive calls telling us we owed over $60 for modem and online service at the place where we no longer live. We returned all the equipment, but they believe the modem which we purchased is theirs. With the first call, we told them we had turned in all their equipment and we thought things were straightened out. Then 2 hours later they call again. We call them back and again believe the situation is resolved. Not so -- we receive four calls the next day. Now they say it will take two weeks to research as to whether the modem is ours. All they need to do is look at past bills and see they gave us $1.00 credit for having our own modem. I guess that is too difficult for these people. Who knows how this will hit our credit rating.

• Ga
    GaryLosAngeles Jul 19, 2016

After my being over 21 years a steady cable subscriber, now ill, disabled, unemployed, 63yo and no income, Time Warner Cable could care less about my longtime steady patronage to kindly caringly offer more affordable package levels to help meet its struggling customers' financial hardship situation needs. They could care less about my situation while spending thousands in $ advertising offering promotional lower price offers exclusively to NEW first time customers. They are insensitive greedy pigs who will eventually solely have the super rich fatcat tycoons as their sole customers in the coming meltdown gap between America's wealthy and growing poor!!!

and Thankyou very kindly for your Complaint Board here!!!

• Tw
    Twilahuie Jul 19, 2016

thank you for your complaint. i completely agree with you. to many people are getting hooked by not reading into the fine print on these "good deals"

• Ev
    evilcustomer Jul 19, 2016

Being an actual human, I made a mistake and electronically paid Time Warner funds that were intended for another creditor. For the past 28 days, I've been misinformed, actually lied to, and ignored. They received this payment on June 1st. Its now June 24th and, while they promised me that they'd overnight my check on June 15th, I still don't have it. Over and above the issues we've had with the services, being treated like a criminal for making a mistake is simply not ok. I'll no longer be "bundling" services, in the hopes that having 3 companies taking care of my phone/internet/TV service, will at least give me a 1 in 3 chance of decent customer service. I would advise anyone considering Time Warner to reconsider.

• Ap
    aparicio76 Jul 19, 2016

I was behind on my cable bill with TWC I first online chatted with a rep from TWC they said my account should be fine and not interrupted. Then two days later I started getting calls from their collections department, I nswered and they said I still owed or I would be shut off. I then told them to shut me off, that I was going to be going with Dish. Then their promotions department called me all weekend finally I answered on a Monday and they wanted to keep me as a customer, and what could they do to keep me, I said I'll stay as long as you don't sht me off, she said well we will lower your montyl amount, upgrade your channels as long as you make a 40 payment, and I did. Two days after I made the pameny the dsconnected me. No one has called me to try and resolve this issue. As of now I am boycotting TIME WARNER CABLE I DO NOT WANT THEIR SWERVICES ANYMORE WHEN THEY WON'T EVEN BACK THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES!!! Now I have to SAVE MOENY to get DISH out here bc they are expensive!!! So my 5 year old will be with out cartoons because of TIME WARNER CABLE not keeping their end of the agreement!!!

• Am
    americandecay Jul 19, 2016

The Time Warner Lie:
    You contact Time Warner to set up telephone service. And they ask you listed or unlisted. You sign up for a blocked number and are assured an unlisted number.

The service is set up. They change your number from listed to unlisted . . . They then sell your listing. Then you call them because your getting telemarketers calling 24/7. They say "oh . . . we made a mistake" pay us the fee you originally paid to assure your number would be unlisted to unlist it. And we will make sure your number stays unlisted. By then. Your information is already compromised. Your numbers have already been floated out and are in dozens of peoples hands who sell and re-sell the information. So changing your number back to unlisted means absolutely nothing.

To add insult to injury. You tell them you want a new number. Because they compromised the first. Profiting off the front and back end. Charging you to assure it is unlisted. Then selling it. Then charing you again to take care of something they can no longer even control . . . you ask for a new number. And they say it is $20.

This kind of stuff is highly suspect. There are people who live and die by keeping their information private. They did it to me. And they have some of the filthiest loopers in the business to keep you deflecting. I was about to just wash my hands and call a lawyer to have it cleared up.

I do not trust them one iota. If you pay for an unlisted number. And they list it. You have no chance of getting your privacy back to pay them to unlist it again. It takes several hours on the phone. But they should change your number for free.

It is getting to be really a weird time in America. There are not alot of alternatives out there. Business is so big. But it is getting to the point that you literally need an attorney to set up phone service.

Some of the laws they are violating are privacy laws. And there are and should be some big penalties. Personally. I hope they get nabbed by a big lawsuit. As I have no doubt this crap is intentional.

chad francis Jul 19, 2016

we pay 200 dollars a month and have not had any phone internet or cable in 4 hours. we just got phone back and internet but no cable yet . you would think with all the money we pay monthly we would get some service we are now gonna go to direct tv thanks for your service!!!

• Ho
    Howard Jul 19, 2016

I have had a problem with my digital cable becoming pixelated and then the picture going black. Over the years they would insist that there was no problem and then the problem would go away. I have tem come out in Spetember and the guy replaced all of the cables which seemed to fix the problem. After the contractors showed up to bury the cable I noticed the landscape lights didn't work. The contractors had cut the wire. Time Warners response was that they didn't know anything about that. I ended up having to splice the wire together myself. It just seemed easier than dealing with the lazy slobs in customer service.

In November I decied to have my second TV connected to cable and have roadrunner installed since Time Warner had a special running. Right after I scheduled the appointment my other TV became pixelated and the pictured turned to black. The service guy was scheduled for Friday 11/20 an he came and replaced the cable box, but he said there were a lot of errors in the line. He went to check the cable outside and when he came back in the picture was pixelated even worse and the sound was stuttering. He said it must be trouble in the line and he would schedule them to come and check the lines on Saturday 11/21. Meanwhile I was left with a TV that I couldn't watch. When I returned homw on Saturday, I turned on the TV and the problem was still there. I called the customer service and they scheduled an appointment for Tuesday 11/24 the same day as my installation.

On Tuesday, the installation cable guy shows up and says he is there to install roadrunner. I ask about the cable installation on the second TV and he stares at me blankly. I ask if he knew about that and he says no. Then he proceeds to tell me ha can't drill a hole in the wall to complete the installation. At this point my blood pressure is sky high. I call customer service and while I'm talking to a rep the service cable guy shows up. He laughs when he hears about the install and tells me to tell the rep the install guy is a contractor. The rep tries to talk to the rep, but he insists he doesn't know how to drill a hole. He can only connect to a line already installed. The rep apologizes an says she will reschedule me for mext Tuesday 12/2. Meanwhile the service guy tells me the cable box is shot and the guy on Friday should have checked the box in his truck. He says the box was probably a bad box that was returned and a service guy didn't tag it as bad, so it was put in the "good" box bin. At last my TV is usable.

I am surprised on Saturday 11/29 to receive a Hallmark card from Time Warner apologizing for letting me down. I think maybe Time Warner has changed.

On 12/2 I awaken hopeful that I will finally have cable and roadrunner installed today. The phone rings and it is Time Warner and my stomach sinks. They want to know if I am going to be home and why I am requesting a Time Warner installer and new equipment. I explained about all of the trouble I have had lately and they said I had a contractor scheduled to show up. I say I would rather have a Time Warner person and they say they will see. When the Time Warner person shows up they are new and still in training. They tell me I need to have a Landlord permission slip signed before they can install the cable and roadrunner. I am confused because I am not a renter and tell them I am a homeowner. I am told I need the permission slip signed and they go away. I guess the card I received was a hoax. Time Warner doesn't care about its customers. I thought my blood pressure went as high as it could on 11/24. I was wrong. I think it must be 400 over 200. I call the service rep and she says she will tell her manager and try and get this resolved. I request that she emphazies how angry I am with Time Warner since I had to take time off of work two times for nothing. I ask for a price adjustment and she locks me in for 12 months at 5 bucks cheaper than the new higher price I am paying now. This helps a little, but I do not understand how Time Warner can operate like this. I await the call from the manager, but I won't be holding my breath.

• Ra
    Rajeev Jul 19, 2016

I am very much harassed from Timer Warner service. Time warner charged me $44 since i booked this order from broadbandnation website they mentioned $29.99 per month i need my money back i have a from broandandnation (bridgevine) website. Time Warner and Bridgevine both are saying they are not responsible for the money that they charged. Even brdgevine committed me free free wireless router and now they are also not giving me that amount. Is there anyone in this country who listen to the customer problems.

• Za
    zack Jul 19, 2016

claims to have better service than AT&T. NOT SO! there service was very reluctant to come out and fix the problems.

• Sh
    shreft Jul 19, 2016

Went in on a promotion. That expired after a year. Then they put me on another promotion. That expired after a year. My rate went up almost double and they didn't tell me. I was on auto pay and saw my bank account showing a pending withdrawl of over $40 and called to cancel my internet. They then put me on another promotion and worked it all out so I wouldn't get double charged from auto pay. No one told me at that time it was a prorated charge from the increase to the new promo charge. Talked to a few bozos, John and Jeffrey I could barely understand their English, and they promised me no charges and my pending charge will fall off. Today I was charged that residual and the supervisor Chris was patronizing and wouldn't let me vent my frustrations and was quite unsympathetic. An investigation will be made. Right. I just got ripped off.

• Sl
    SLM42 Jul 19, 2016

I totaly agree with you. The worse part is when you sign a contract to lock yourself into a special rate as soon as the contract ends the rates double. Then they charge you a outlandish fee if you cancel the contract. They don't care about anything but making money. Oh and they are the worlds worse for cutting your phone lines when they install cable. They do this so it makes it harder for you to get with another phone or internet company. I had to wait a few weeks to have all the lines repaired but I went with another internet company that is a lot cheaper than they are. I will never go back with their services again.

• Ka
    Karl123 Jul 19, 2016

Not the end of the world, certainly.
    Actually less TV will do everybody good. Suddenly we will discover our family, maybe sports and a hobby.
    I am almost happy that my Comcast cable does not work.
    Problem is, I need the internet for my work and DSL sucks.
    I will try ATT... actually I am "toying" with the idea to tell them all "to go to hell". And while we at it, disconnect electricity, cancel bank accounts and live in the forest like the Una-Bomber...
    Zachary S. ... It is not the lack of TV what makes me angry... it is the insult of dealing with these companies. When there is one thing I hate: It is being pushed around by lousy customer service.

• Ba
    Baros Jul 19, 2016

DO NOT EVER GET TIME WARNER CABLE !! First of all, I have already had three problems with them - where the TV has not worked and I have to set an appt and wait for someone to come out and switch the boxes. One of the guys who works for them even admitted that they are horrible - he doesn't even use Time Warner and he works there!! He said there boxes are extremely cheap and that's why they're always breaking down. This last time they had to come out - less than two weeks ago - they had to put in a new box and I lost all my recordings! To add to the atrocity, you can only record two shows at once, and you have to be watching one of those shows or something you already had recorded. So all the time, my roommate and I have to painfully decide what show we won't be able to watch or record. Lastly, the customer service is awful. It's like they don't care if you have to go without your TV for 3-4 days - they don't make it a priority to send someone out right away - or they'll send someone out right away - if you don't work because they can only send him during hours when most normal people work. My experience with Time Warner has been horrendous and I would caution all of you reading this...DON'T GO THROUGH TIME WARNER! They try to woo you with their specials but they are NOT WORTH IT!! I did a year with DirecTV and loved it, so might go back to them. We never had a single problem with our service. That's all I have tried so I can't give advice about anything else. I want whatever I keep hearing about that records four shows at once. That sounds heavenly...

• El
    El Paso Consumer Jul 19, 2016

For the past 10 months I have experienced terrible digital reception from Time Warner in El Paso, TX. I have reported it over and over. Technicians, head technicians, supervisors have all come over and over again to tell me there is nothing wrong with the equipment in my house or in the line to my house.

But the problem persists. I figured out months ago that it must be a problem in the equipment/infrastructure that serves my area, but because of the way Time Warner responds to customers there is no way to get Time Warner to admit it or fix it. Last week TWO supervisors were at my house, saw the problem, admitted that it must be a "node" and then left. Not another word. Won't return calls. No way to register a complaint any higher in the Time Warner system because they block the customer from being able to speak to any one except at the lowest level (if you scream and holler enough you may get a supervisor). I am now convinced that Time Warner in El Paso knowingly sells a product they know they cannot deliver satisfactorily. Don't fall for the great ads! Choose any other service in El Paso, I'd say.

• El
    Elpil Jul 19, 2016

Omg how do people deal with this cable company I spend hours when I first was forced to get time warner cable after five days of frustration I finally get service. Now for the past five months the downstairs cable doesnt work wow get someone out whew hew then low and behold the upstairs cable goes out wonder why maybe he will get to comeback and get paid again. Oh and now they send me a bill for $168.00 seriously you think I am gonna pay that much for just cable and internet NOT. Uver her I come. ugg

• Sh
    shane doss Jul 19, 2016

I HAVE NO SERVICE.IAM GETTING SICK OF TIME WARNER LAME SERVICES.I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT SERVICES.SINCE 7;00 AM 1-1-11.TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO DO WITHOUT SERVICE UNTIL 1-5-11 .I THINK IT IS UNFAIR I HAVE TO PAY ON TIME AND THEN CANNOT WATCH IT.THEY TOLD ME IT WAS ALINE PROBLEM. I FELL AT THIS POINT TIME WARNER COULD NOT AND WOULD NOT HOLD A CANDLE TO DIRECT TV.I FEEL LIKE TIME WARNER IS ROBING ME I HAVE BEEN WITH TIME WA
    warner FOR 18 YEARS NEVER BEEN LATE PAYING MY BILL.no on demand or other channel

Comments

• Ti
    TIME WARNER/WORST CABLE PROVIDER Jul 19, 2016

STAY AWAY FROM TIME WARNER!!! They are a nightmare to deal with.They will take money out of your bank account that they dont have a right too!!! ...I had called to set up an installation appointment 3 weeks before the date of the technician coming out to the possible new residence to install service.I was told that in order to set up service that I had to give them my banking info.The day after I called to set up my appointment they took the money out of my bank account when the Time warner scheduler assured me that they wouldnt bill me until the day the technician came out and set up service.Even though they took the money out of my account immediately, They have been telling me that I have to wait for a paper check to be issued back to me to reimburse me which will take 4-6 weeks...WHAT? The weekafter I set up the installation appointment, I called back to inform time warner that I wouldnt be moving after all.That was when I found out they had taken out the money they day after I set up the Installation appointment and that I had to wait four to six weeks for a paper check even though they took out the money out of my account immediately.When I canceled the appointment a week later after the initial appointment to set up service I had made sure or so, I thought that they would send it to the current address since, I wasnt moving.I had only called 5 times to make sure it was going to the right address and guess what...They had assured me that it would be going to the correct address.Come to find out they send it to the place I never moved to and as of last week they received the paper check returned back to them from the place I never moved to.The reps I talked to two days ago said they couldnt speak to anyone in their billing services offices to see if they could get my money accredited to my account immediately so, they left them voicemails.They also, assured me someone would care and call me back.I just got off the phone with the 6th person who informed me that I now have to wait another 27 days to get my money back.Three months to receive my money that they took out immediately for a service that never got installed and that they sent the refund check to an address I never moved too.No wonder every one I know has switched to Grande.Not to mention five years ago Time Warner took out a double cable payment one month and caused me to have 7 overdraft bank fees to my account.I am writing this to hopefully save someone the heartache of having to deal with a company that has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE known.What makes it worse is that neither Time Warner nor their employees care.Maybe they will care when their business goes under.I am a nurse, and never in a million years would I dream of treating anyone in the manner in which these people treat possible clients.Thank God we live in a time where they arent the only ones who provide cable service...I would definitely not recommend them.If you need cable service use Grande or any satellite company.Stay Away from Time Warner unless you like drama and chaos and being lied too...Worst company I have ever had to deal with...

• Co
    Cozzile Jul 19, 2016

The service is awful and the rates are OVERPRICED!

Always billing problems and customer service doesn't even understand the bill nor could they fix it though they promise too.

Customer service is rude and pretty much useless. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, just get satellite.

They offered me a promo for Internet and then I signed up and I get this big bill. They said the promo they called and offered wouldn't work because I already had cable. WTF!!!

Get lost Time Warner, I just got rid off them and got satelite and I'm so much happier. Service and everything is great. Don't waste your time or energy with time warner.

Why do they charge me more for Internet because I have cable from them, if anything I would think it should be less, but it's more.

No more time for their BS, now i tell everyone I know and online to get time Warner out of your life and to switch to dish. Way better.

• Le
    LedK84 Jul 19, 2016

I signed up for a service for U$76.90 / month but they are charging me U$271.14. When I called them they told me it was a mistake and that it would be fixed in my next bill. I made the payment according to what was instructed me over the phone. (the 76.90 plus fees). May current bill was not fixed and they are charging me a late fee. I've tried phone and email contact without success.

Jorekes Jul 19, 2016

I had a regular internet service package with them, and although I experienced a high number of outtages, for the most part, it worked. Then one of their sales people called and offered me the "super high speed" version, with guaranteed speeds of 20mbps. I signed up for it, very excited that I was going to get decent internet speeds.

The guy they sent out was a complete idiot. I had to tell him which cable went into the router, and had to INSIST on password protection for the connection, after he told me I didn't need it, and I explained that if you don't have it, other people can steal your bandwidth.

Bandwidth at best was variable, and ranged from 5mbps to 16mpbs, which is not what I was promised. He said that it needed some time to "propagate" whatever that means.

A week later, when pages are taking forever to load, they first try to tell me it's my computer. Oh really? I have 3 windows computers, running XP, Vista and 7, and a Mac. Same problem on all of them. Then they tell me to reboot the router. No good...same problem.

Now, 2 weeks later, and they finally admit that the router settings are not correct, but they can't get someone out right away. I'll have to wait, or see if they have a cancellation. And...they won't refund the installation cost or the 2 weeks I have been without a decent internet connection, (pages take over a minute to load, and speed tests show 1.6mbps).

They are really quick to sign you up for service, but when they botch it up, they won't do anything to fix it. STAY AWAY FROM TIME WARNER CABLE.

• Mu
    Muser Jul 19, 2016

This is the actual email that I sent to TWC. They refuse to budge on this matter. I am very displeased and would like to let everyone know to always read your workorder carefully because if you don't you may find yourself paying for things that you didn't order and the company refusing to credit you for them.

I recently moved and transferred my service to my new address. I made arrangements to be called while at work when the tech would be arriving at my home. I received a call and rushed right over to meet him. I asked him to install my boxes in the bedroom and den. He did so. He told me to sign the paper and he left. I signed the paper, and didn't read it because I assumed he had done what was instructed. To my surprise, I get a bill for three additional outlets - which I never authorized. These outlets where in the home when I moved in. I specifically instructed him where to put the boxes. I called in to ask them to remove the additional outlets from my bill and was told because I signed the authorization, that the charges where valid because I signed the work order. I did sign the work order but I didn't read it because I assumed it had on it what I requested and I was in a hurry to get back to work and was meeting many people to get things connected at the new location. I do take responsibility for signing the paper without reading it but when you ask someone to do a specific thing, that is what you expect them to do. Why was he going throughout my house anyway? Just because the previous owners may have had jacks installed, doesn't mean that I need access to them. I specifically told him where I wanted the cable service. He violated my privacy by roaming through my house looking for outlets and I hadn't even been through my house and really looked at everything. I am truly upset that I am being charged for these additional outlets not being used. He didn't even install anything. They were just there. I was told they would credit one charge but the other two should be credited as well. I have been a loyal customer for over a year. I pay my bill on time and have tolerate many many outages of my cable channels in the past. Every month, my channels such as Lifetime and Bravo, etc. go out for several hours at a time and I have called it in on several occasions but finally quit calling in. I believe I should be credited for those additional outlets. Please contact me to see what kind of mutual agreement that we can come to. I simply don't have an additional $60 to pay out with all the other expenditures that I have incurred as a result of his move.

• Mi
    Michael DeP Jul 19, 2016

I am moving in August so I called to let Time Warner Cable know I needed my internet service stopped July 31st. They disconnected it June 28th. I called back to say they made a mistake and was told that I said to disconnect on June 31st (Huh??). I told them there is no June 31st. They promised to be out the next day to re-connect. I am a new med student and need the internet 12 to 16 hours a day. No one came. I called "customer service" and was given the usual runaround but told they would contact me by 9 pm that night. The following day I called again and was on the phone for 55 minutes. I asked to speak to several layers of supervisors and complained that this was their mistake, but the bottom line was they couldn't come out until the following week because other customers would get their internet first since I was moving anyway.
    My advice; stay away from this company at all costs. They DO NOT CARE about even the most basic customer service.

• Li
    Liposse Jul 19, 2016

Never ending billing problems. Internet always slows down to a crawl during peak hours and is not what is advertised. Customer service can never fix a billing problem which is there way too often. Bad service!

• Vi
    vivalasvegas Jul 19, 2016

Time Warner is gouging it's customers with modem rental fees $5.99 a month. That really adds up in the long run. I think they are desperate to stay in the runnning with all their competitors or make up for the loss on what they loose on demand movie prices which are a better bargain on REDBOX. I would change but unfortunately I live in a condo and my association has the account with them for TV. The Internet I may consider changing but all the other companies seem to have the same ideas, Yes this means you AT&T and FIOS. You all must attend the same seminars " how to rip off customers" To stay in business.

• Ki
    Kim912 Jul 19, 2016

I ordered Internet service over the phone to be installed at my new address. I paid for it with my debit card over the phone and then set up the installation date for Saturday. The technician arrived as scheduled and told me he could not install the service b/c there was no cable in the area for my unit and that he notified his supervisor. I called TWC on Monday and cancelled the service and was told my debit card account would be re-imbursed and was given a conf number and was told it would take 3-4 days. It has now been 3 weeks and still no refund. The last of my several calls to them, I was told it would come in the mail and not a credit to my debit account. Then he checked on that again and told me that it would be a credit to the debit account and NOT in the mail. Then he told me the refund request takes 3-6 weeks and gave me a new case number. TWC should have been consistent with their info on this issue. And it's not even over. I told them I would post all of this on the internet.

Margaret and Terry Jul 19, 2016

My husband was highly irate when he got up a 4:45 AM and turned on our television and nearly got blasted out of his chair because the volume was maxed out due to an overnight "upgrade" of the cable software program! We have had problems in the past with this whenever they have some sort of download; this time our TV turned itself off and won't come back on!
    Needless to say, my husband is not happy that a $2000.00 TV is no longer functional, and, coincidentally, Time Warner had just done an upgrade! I'm no electrical engineer, but that seems mighty fishy.
    We are backed into a corner by this monopoly of cable service...we don't really have a desire to switch to satellite...but we can't afford to buy another TV like this.
    We were supposed to get a call back from Time Warner at 7:30 this morning...it is 3:41 PM and no phone call yet!