Certegy Check Services / same old song...

1 WV, United States Review updated:

Just as many others have stated, Certegy has failed to come through while trying to cash my Federal Return check from the IRS at a Wal-Mart store. Technically, several times! (Have been cashing my payroll checks at WalMart & just cashed my state return check there a couple weeks ago, by the way). Went in four nights ago to cash the check; "We cannot cash this check: reason 2." So I go home and call the number on the slip Walmart printed me, for Certegy. The automated number (as well as a double-check online) stated that the transaction is approved, and any subsequent attempts to cash it should work. Tried again tonight - I asked that the lady helping me try to run it through three times!--but to no avail.

I just hope somewhere else will be able to process it normally as the lady wrote my passport number on the front of the check, and scribbled over the date slightly for some reason.?. Shouldn't it be okay to cash at a bank still?

Comments

17th of Nov, 2010

The same thing happened to me. I tried to cash a check at wal mart and was told it declined, since it was a payroll check from a new employer I was upset thinking they had no money. On my way back to the job I called the number ( on a small piece of paper they gave me). They told me that nothing is wrong with the check if I would go to a different Wal Mart it would probally go through. I ask the question how could that be, about three different ways so that the rep and I was on the same understand and I still don't understand. You tell me, after waiting in line over 20 minutes to cash a check it was declined because of WHAT?