[Resolved] Cell Cdata line

M Nov 15, 2017

Good Day

1. I have had a data contract with Cell C since 2014.
2. I do not receive any statements. This has previously not been an issue as
the amounts that I get debited were constant and as per the contract that
I signed. I paid R205 per month.
3. 2 months ago I was approached to upgrade my contract and receive
40GB for R299 per month. This was a telephonic transaction
4. It was never explained to me that this was an open line. My previous line
was never an open line and I thought I was receiving a similar product
offering, just with a little bit more data (which I was to pay R299 for)
5. To my surprise, I was billed R949 at the end of September, and R799 for
October. I expected to be paying a consistent R299 per month.
6.I lodged a complaint on the above and was given the following reference
number: [protected].
7. In my complaint I expressed my extreme dissatisfaction at being debited incorrectly. Furthermore I requested that the Audio recording of the day i was offered the contract be reviewed. I further indicated that I would be instructing my bank to reverse the debit order which I believe to be erroneous.
8. I successfully managed to reverse the Debit Order and communicated this Cell C
9. On 13th November 2017 I received a call from Cell C (represented by Lorrancia) indicating that money would be credited to my Cell C account. This was after the recording had been listened to.
10. We then agreed with Lorrancia that they arrange to debit R299 x 2, which is the correct amount that I believe I owe Cell C.
11. On 14th November, Cell C proceeded to debit an amount of R1748.34.
12. Again I have written to Cell C requesting an explanation on the incorrect debiting of my account.

My Issue with Cell C is the following:
- The contract that I was signed up for was not properly explained to me
- The lack of correct explanation led to incorrect billing, which in turn led to the dispute

Cell C's version of the resolution does not involve correcting the previously incorrect debit orders. They rather want to correct the mistake going forward. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. I wish for Cell C to correctly bill me R299 per month as agreed because I never agreed to having an Open data line.

Regards

Moleboheng Mahasa

• Resolution Statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response · Nov 15, 2017

Dear Ms Mahasa

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Our team will have a look into this matter and revert feedback.

^NT