[Resolved] Cell C — data line
1. I have had a data contract with Cell C since 2014.
2. I do not receive any statements. This has previously not been an issue as
the amounts that I get debited were constant and as per the contract that
I signed. I paid R205 per month.
3. 2 months ago I was approached to upgrade my contract and receive
40GB for R299 per month. This was a telephonic transaction
4. It was never explained to me that this was an open line. My previous line
was never an open line and I thought I was receiving a similar product
offering, just with a little bit more data (which I was to pay R299 for)
5. To my surprise, I was billed R949 at the end of September, and R799 for
October. I expected to be paying a consistent R299 per month.
6.I lodged a complaint on the above and was given the following reference
7. In my complaint I expressed my extreme dissatisfaction at being debited incorrectly. Furthermore I requested that the Audio recording of the day i was offered the contract be reviewed. I further indicated that I would be instructing my bank to reverse the debit order which I believe to be erroneous.
8. I successfully managed to reverse the Debit Order and communicated this Cell C
9. On 13th November 2017 I received a call from Cell C (represented by Lorrancia) indicating that money would be credited to my Cell C account. This was after the recording had been listened to.
10. We then agreed with Lorrancia that they arrange to debit R299 x 2, which is the correct amount that I believe I owe Cell C.
11. On 14th November, Cell C proceeded to debit an amount of R1748.34.
12. Again I have written to Cell C requesting an explanation on the incorrect debiting of my account.
My Issue with Cell C is the following:
- The contract that I was signed up for was not properly explained to me
- The lack of correct explanation led to incorrect billing, which in turn led to the dispute
Cell C's version of the resolution does not involve correcting the previously incorrect debit orders. They rather want to correct the mistake going forward. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. I wish for Cell C to correctly bill me R299 per month as agreed because I never agreed to having an Open data line.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
Cell C Customer Care's Response · Nov 15, 2017
Dear Ms Mahasa
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Our team will have a look into this matter and revert feedback.
More Cell C Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Cell C - legal department 
- Cell C - contract cancellation 
- [Resolved] Cell C - disgusting customer service 
- Cell C - sim card still not working 
- Cell C - unauthorised charges 
- [Resolved] Cell C - data loss cannot account for 20gb suddenly up
- [Resolved] Cell C - disappearing of airtime
- [Resolved] Cell C - paying for cell phone insurance - cell c insure
- [Resolved] Cell C - contract cancellation
- [Resolved] Cell C - deactivate current number 0643415946