Cell C / breach of contract - promise not kept - bogus insurance activation

Richards Bay, ZA Review updated:

I wanted to go with another Cell phone Service Provider, for the better deals, but before my contract ended (September)

A Retention officer (Phumla) called, and after several calls (4) we made a deal.
Reluctant I decided to go with Cell C, on the promise that the first 3 month's the subscription on both my handset's will be free.

August I received the Handsets and my new contract would Start in September.

It was on the 10 October i received my Invoice - and noticed that they did not keep the promise
as I was billed Pro Rata for September and the Full month for October on Both my lines = R1688.

I reported the mattered immediately 10.10.2016 (Ref [protected]) and was advised that it will take 2 day's to rectify.

On the 15th of October, After several call's & written Correspondence I still got no where.
Every agent and Manager Promise to Escalate the matter - and that Cell C will call me with feedback.
CELL C NEVER CALLED BACK.

On the 25th of October, 3 weeks down the line I insisted to speak to another Manager as my issue was still unresolved!!!
* No one seams to be able to find the call recordings for the Upgrade Agent (Phumla) that promised me the 3 month's Free Subscription
* No one seems to feels it necessary to listen to the Recordings - Even after 3 Weeks and plenty of Escalations.
* And the billing department has still not amended my invoice.

On the 31 October I had to call Cell C again, and the line Manager
(Xoliswa Bhutulezi)had the displeasure to deal with me.
*I was promised again that it will be escalated to (Dhana Phala- Phumla Manager) and that the voice Recordings will be listen too.
And that She will be giving me Feedback by the 1 November 10am.

For once I did Receive a call,
But only to be told again, it has been escalated and they will have to listen to the voice Recordings.

Lucky for me I pay my Invoice Via EFT.
Thus Cell C have not been able to Rob me of the R 1689.00 as due om my invoice. It is not what I budgeted for, and I don't have that kind of funds available, As I was convinced it wont cost me a thing (accept for Data bundles and call line off coarse)

Due to the lack of interest, service, dedication and professionalism,
I now have the displeasure to sit with Suspended Cell phone line, of which i probable have to Pay a re-connection Fee, when Ever Cell C find it necessary to keep to the promises of listening to there agent - promising me free subscription when I upgraded...
* I was advice that i should pay the invoice as is.. and that maybe Cell C can "reimburse" me with Data, of another few month's Free service. But How can I trust ANYTHING Cell C Promises????!!!

Today the 5 November, I had to call Cell C again, as I am Still waiting Feed Back, And the manager (Sipho) advised that by Monday i might be lucky enough to receive some feedback, as the Upgrades Department is closed over Weekends.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND DISCUSSTING!!
Almost a month Later, After several Complaints and I am still no where.
THIS IS WHY I DID NOT WANT TO STAY WITH CELL C IN THE 1ST PLACE!!!

I Believe this is Breach of Contact!!
But I cant get any one to give me legal advice. And I am told, that should I want to cancel my contract, I am in Breach??!!!

I feel like I Can't believe a Word from Cell C!!
I Regret the moment i sported Cell C!!

It Seems that they are trained lairs and Cheats, with Absolutely No Customer Service!!

Oh and I just Recieved my November Invoice -
The October issue has not been rectified.
And once again I am billed For Epic Post Paid R200!!!
And Also For C Surance for A Bogus activation!!!

Lt
Nov 07, 2016

Comments

Nov 12, 2016

I took out a contract back in February and the Phone was later stolen on March the 23rd 2016. I never added insurance on my account when the contract was taken out. However received a call from one of your cell c insurance sales reps and agreed to a R69 cover for my Samsung J5 A WEEK AFTER THE CONTRACT HAD BEEN TAKEN OUT. When I wanted to make a claim they had told me that there was no insurance part of my account. I called the insurance team and was told that they would listen into the call to see if I agreed to it. After 2 weeks I called again and was told that the call recording had been found and agreed that I had to be covered. I sent my details through and waited. I went back to Cell c in May with much frustration as they could not found my details. I sent an email to cell c that I have saved, expressing my disappointment. I would like to proceed with the claim again but I don't feel that the agents/managers are taking ownership. Can someone call me on [protected] next week and Monday before 11am to help with the situation at hand, because your consultants are just as incompetent. I will definitely be escalating it further after Monday next week. WORST SERVICE EVER !