Carnival Ecstasy / Poor Customer Service

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I was on the 4/27 sailing of the Carnival Ecstasy. I will NEVER sail Carnival again as the result of the poor experience I had. Please know that if you sail Carnival, you are taking a gamble on if you will have a good or bad experience. Our first experience was good, which is why we decided to take the second cruise.

First, let me say that I am not mad that our two port calls to Mexico were cancelled due to Swine Flu. I understand that sometimes things like this happen. What I don't understand is Carnival's lack of information and caring in response to this situation.

They insisted from the beginning that we would go to Mexico because there were no cases of Swine Flu where we going. Then, they made an announcement that there could be changes to our ports of call and we would be told the final decision by 5:00 pm. At 5:00 pm, there was no answer from Carnival...even though I later discovered they had already posted to their website that they had cancelled all trips to Mexico. We didn't find this out until 8:00 pm. We weren't told if were going to another port or that we wouldn't be making any stops at all-just that we wouldn't be going to Mexico.

We were given as little information as possible, the Captain never stepped foot in public to give any information-which made it seem like he was hiding from everyone, we were left to wonder each day if we would be going to another port or not and the activities that were planned were not enough to accomodate all of the people stuck on the ship for 6 days! The cruise after us was extended by two days and changed their port calls but Carnival has refused to do anything for us. They wouldn't even give us a discount at the spa while onboard or a discount on a future cruise. We have spoken to two Carnival representatives who could care less. This is what you are getting when you book a Carnival cruise!

P.S.-Compared to other cruise lines, the food on Carnival is not very good.

Be

Comments

• Cl
      5th of May, 2009

We are having the same issue, same cruise. We called Carnival today. We were told too bad, so sad, no compensation. We were also told by the ship we had to return early due to a sick passenger. We were corrected today by a Carnival representative to say it was a sick crew member. Carnival also tried to tell us that we should have know that the ports were closed before we left on the 27th. We were not informed until the evening of the 28th while onboard at sea. This was our first cruise and this will be our last with Carnival. To make matters worse, on the way home, I texted a friend that was due to go out on the next cruise on the very same ship. Her cruise was not cancelled, she was called and given 2 extra days and 2 stops in Jamaica and Grand Cayman!

• Cl
      5th of May, 2009

By the way you can contact the Texas Atty general

• Ea
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I just posted my complaint regarding this same issue. I also was lied to in regards to the ports. We called ahead of time and they said we would be rerouted, and it turns out as you know, we took a VERY expensive boatride. You'll get, if you already haven't a discount for 50% off your next cruise. Thanks for the OAG complaint address. I also reported them to the BBB. I feel it is Fraud when you are lied to so the OAG may be able to help me get my money back. The people we cruised with said they enjoyed their 2 prior cruises and that the Ecstasy was a poor quality boat. So you may want to try it on another boat. They are; we are not.