[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / husbands injury file booking #5jl8w9

On Paradise 2/13/2017. On the 15th when walking around the ship on deck 9 my husband tripped and fell when his foot caught the edge of an amplifier of a band that plays in that area. They were not playing since we were docked and there was no window in that immediate area to provide more light. The amps were extended into the walk area beyond the stage and sitting on black tile, no tape or anything to indicate an obstruction. The staff that assisted us in getting help expressed surprise that the amps were not lifted to the stage when not in use or taped to indicate they were in the walkway.
My husband was taken to the infirmary and treated for head, chest, and leg. It took two trips that day and into the next morning to stop the head injury from bleeding. Three more trips to change the bandage every day with me and my COPD pushing him in a wheel chair. The doctor told us we were not to leave the ship in Cozumel because the heat and sun would make him bleed more. We had to stay on the ship with everything closed. The doctor advised us to watch him for at least a couple of months because head injuries sometime show up later. We had to have x-rays done at out home doctor that showed no broken bones, but deep bruising in the chest area. He is still not able to resume activities, golf, etc. All this ruined our expected pleasant cruise and continue to affect us.

I feel it is also important to express out disappointment in our room. We paid for a window view looking at your ads that you send us in your e-mails. What we got was nothing like the room on the Paradise. We requested a change offering to pay an upgrade if necessary and were told nothing available. To insure we would not bump our heads on the TV cabinet hanging down they changed the bed to twins and moved one against the wall of the window. Now we had a window room that we could only look out if we kneelt on the bed!!!

I have never had to write a review like this, but we are going into 5 weeks later and had no contact from you except my calls to find out what you are going to do about our problems.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Mar 15, 2017

Thank you for sharing Mrs. Wright’s comments with us.

As she mentions, she and Mr. Wright have contacted us by phone, explaining the incident in detail. I’m sorry she was disappointed with the length of time that it took for us to respond, but given the serious nature of her inquiry, it did take a bit of time for us to review the case.

We’re responding to Mr. Wright directly via letter, so he should receive our response via US Mail shortly.

Again, I apologize that our response took longer than we would have liked, and we appreciate the Wrights’ patience while we looked their inquiry over.

Sincerely,