[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Linescruise drink package

I am writing because I recently booked a cruise that will depart Charleston on January 30th.  This is a Birthday celebration as my bday is January 29.  I am questioning your policy where as everyone in the cabin must purchase a drink package.  What if one person does not, cannot drink?  It is not fair to the person that wants to purchase the drink package that they cannot purchase the package just because the other person cannot drink.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Murrells Inlet, SC  It is also not fair to the non drinker to purchase a package to pay for coffee and soda and non alcoholic beverages...there is no way that person will spend $50 per day on those drinks.

I would appreciate that you reconsider this policy. I have traveled with your line once before and didn't know about this program, I don't think we even purchased it at all.  But on other lines I have traveled on there has been no problem purchasing individual packages.  Please reconsider this plan as I would like to purchase 1 drink pkg for my upcoming Birthday Cruise.

Michele Solowinski
booking number 5CL8Z7

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Michele Cappadonna- Solowinski, Jan 16, 2017

I don't see an option to buy a non alcoholic card and an alcohol card. No way the non alcoholic person will drink $50 worth of coffee per day and they don't drink soda either. This sucks

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Jan 17, 2017

Good day,

We are sorry to hear that they are not happy with certain aspects of our Cheers! Beverage program. Please be advised guests can also enjoy a wide variety of non-alcoholic beverages with the program as well, that are not available under the Bottomless Bubbles. While we understand that not all of our guests will want to take advantage of the benefits, the Cheers! Program is only available if purchased for each guest in the cabin over 21 years of age. In situations where only one or two of the adult guests in the cabin will be using the program, it may be better to purchase drinks individually. Regrettably, we are unable to make exceptions to this policy.

We certainly appreciate their input, and will make sure to keep your request in mind as we are still fine tuning this program.

Kind Regards,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Comments

•   Jan 11, 2017

So the person not drinking won't have anything at all? Just water? The drink cards are NOT for alcohol. Alcohol is a premium. The drink cards are for soda and mixers.

• Ro
      Jan 11, 2017

@Wine Is Good Incorrect. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

• Ro
      Jan 11, 2017

@rogue0ne Well, maybe that link is going to be truncated. To summarize, the program the OP is referring to covers almost all alcoholic drinks up to a 15 per day limit, as well as unlimited non-alcoholic drinks.

•   Jan 11, 2017

Got it. SO the poster would still have to buy a drink card, just the nonalcoholic one.