[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / cruise cancellation

United States Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern:
With reference to Booking number 7PV3B5 my husband had a heart attack on 10/23/17 and we will not be able to make this sailing due to future medical appointments and tests/procedures. I am not asking for a full refund, but was hoping that since we are platinum members, we could receive a credit towards a future sailing, which we will definitely take once this ordeal is over. Thank in advance for your consideration.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by mountainnurse, Oct 26, 2017

No, it is not a question of travel insurance. I am asking for a credit to be used on a future cruise, not a refund. You have already received payment in full for the cruise that we are now not able to take. Since we are platinum members, and refer a fair number of clients to you, I was hoping you would give us the courtesy of a credit, either in full or partial, towards a future cruise when my husband's cardiac issues are resolved. Thank you again for your consideration.

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Oct 27, 2017

Dear Anne,

We are sorry to hear of your husbands recent medical situation and pray for his speedy recovery. Any information regarding your penalties assessed or request to review must be submitted with medical documentation to [protected]@carival.com. No guarantee that anything can be offered as it is for reasons such as these that we offer vacation protection plan. When sending your information make sure to include the booking number so that the information may be easier to locate.

Regards,
    Guest Administration

Mo
Oct 25, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Oct 25, 2017

I believe the consideration is one of travel insurance. If you have such, you'll likely want to check with the insurance provider.