[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / complaint

Long Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

Hello,
My name is Karen Bennett & Danyelle Butler booking # 5CJ5J4. As I write I am on board your Ship Carnival Miracle. We are departing today May 6th 2017. We were reading your info on carry on items. When we were looking at the liquor and beverage policy regarding water page 7...we we noted on there that it allows for cartons and four cans. However it does not stipulate that Plastics are not allowed. So since we were shopping at Walmart and various doors we could not find water in cartons we noted that there was nowhere it specifically said no plastic items allowed. When we arrive to the boarding terminal and security we had carried on 12 cans and 12 bottles of plastic water non opened. We noted that there were two large trash cans behind the security desk full of plastic bottles of all kinds. Nowhere in the terminal or posted in the terminal for customers viewing is there a sign stipulating no plastic bottles allowed. Haven't been in customer service for the last 22 years both myself and my partner it was quite frustrating to find out that we had to confiscate and discard the 24 plastic water bottles that we had paid for. We asked to be shown where it is "written" and where it is posted does it say that "no plastic bottles" are allowed ?? the Security staff couldn't show us where it was written nor could they show as a signposting stating that no plastic bottles were allowed upon your entrance to the security area or boarding area. The security staff and crew Michelle Gurero A- 158 and Lagafuania who refused to provide his number...we're very rude and very unprofessional on how to properly address the matter they became verbally aggressive and very confrontational and this is just a nice way of expressing a very frustrating and completely horrible start to my vacation. We were given estate room 6139 when we arrived to our room we had twin beds. When I asked for my balcony room with a King Bed. This is our 5 yr Anniversary and well you can imagine how disappointed I am. We would like compensation for the poor customer service. And someone needs to look into clarifying page 7 and teaching your crew deescaalation techniques.

Carnival Cruise Lines

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, May 08, 2017

Thank you for sharing Ms. Bennett's comments with us.

I’m sorry to hear that her cruise vacation started out on such a sour note, when the water she and Ms. Butler were carrying was confiscated. We work hard to provide our guests with complete, accurate information, so there won’t be any unpleasant surprises to mar their cruise experience. To this end, the Frequently Asked Questions which all guests acknowledge reading as part of the Cruise Ticket Contract do specify that non-alcoholic beverages must be in cans or cartons. The policy does go on to state, “All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.” Bottled water is available for purchase through room service on board, for those guests who need it. Nonetheless, I’m sorry the policy wasn’t clear to Ms. Bennett and Ms. Butler. That’s absolutely not the way we’d ever have wanted their vacation to start out.

I’d also like to apologize that their cabin wasn’t set up to their preferences when they arrived. Of course, it’s always our goal for everything to be prepared perfectly, but when things do go awry, our stateroom stewards are happy to make any requested adjustments. Additionally, our Guest Services staff is available 24 hours a day to help with any issues that are brought to their attention. I’ve shared Ms. Bennett’s comments with them, along with a request that our housekeeping staff do anything possible to ensure that these guests are comfortable.
    Thank you for making us aware of these situations. We're truly sorry for any disappointment that resulted from them. We hope that Ms. Bennett and Ms. Butler were able to relax and enjoy the rest of their cruise getaway, and that they'll take home some wonderful vacation memories.

Sincerely,

Guest Care Specialist
    Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |
    800-929-6400
    [protected]@carnival.com

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, May 11, 2017

Good day,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to this guest’s complaint.

We invite them to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to review their concerns. We do not suggest sharing booking information on a public forum and we need this assist them further. Please call our Service Department at 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70355.

Kind Regards,

Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178

Ka
May 6, 2017

Comments

• Se
      9th of May, 2017

Good evening. My name is Selena and I am writing to inform you of the situation that my sister and I encountered while trying to make changes to our initial reservation aboard the Carnival Sunshine. We dealt primarily with Raymond Torres. I informed Mr, Torres that this was my very first cruise and how I excited I was to go on one. Mr. Torres quoted me a price of $562.00 per person (rounded up). This was to include EVERYTHING. (Taxes, Gratuity and Port fees). This reservation was made and paid for on Friday May 6, 2017 in the afternoon. My sister paid half on her card and I paid half on mine. We were told that we were all set to go. Today, my sister and I spoke with Mr. Torres regarding adding another person to the room. We inquired about how much extra it would cost in total and what it would cost splitting it three ways. Mr. Torres quoted my sister a rate of $423.00 (rounded up) per person and that was to include a room with an ocean view due to the special that was being run today. When I called Mr. Torres to ask additional questions he told me that the price per person was not $423.00 but that it was $462.00 (rounded up). Naturally I called my sister and explained to her what he said to me. We called Mr. Torres and spoke with at the same time so that we could all get on the same page. Mr. Torres explained that it was a miscommunication. We understood and we were willing to overlook that and still add the additional person for the price of $462.00 with the change of rooms to the room with the ocean view, Then Mr. Torres informs us that the room with the ocean view was at an additional price of $159.00 which is $53 (split 3 ways). We are of course unsatisfied by this change of information and we explained to Mr Torres that he told us a different price earlier. Mr. Torres used the excuse that it was a miscommunication again. So, that's the second miscommunication on his part. This translates to me as purposefully leaving out information for the explicit intent of getting the sale. Mr. Torres could not seem to get his numbers or his information straight. They changed from $469.00 to $462 in the same conversation. Again, another miscommunication. For this reason we asked to speak to a supervisor because we were being told multiple prices by the same person and Mr. Torres was "fast talking" making false promises. We were placed on hold for approximately 10 minutes (while Mr. Torres made his case to his supervisor.) We spoke to Ms. Alie Gonzalez. Ms. Gonzalez made no attempt to assume responsibility for Mr. Torres' errors. Nor did she apologize for the mistake. Nor did she attempt to accommodate us in any way shape or form. She proceeded to read from a script and repeat the same things to us over and over again, like a robot. She even accused us of trying to get a room for free (twice) which was definitely not the case. Our trip was already paid for in full. We were simply attempting to add a person. What Ms. Gonzalez did do was offer to refund us our money without penalty. She offered this to us several times. This was how she chose to rectify the situation, ...by getting rid of us. Ms. Gonzalez was extremely nonchalant in dealing with us as if she had better things to do and did everything she could to get us off of the phone without having solved our problem. She would rather lose a sale of $1100 plus dollars and give us back a complete refund without taking a penalty than to adjust the price to the quote of $423.00 that we were given and/or give us the room with an ocean view and/or waive the gratuity fees or take the gratuity fees off the bottom of the sale. She would rather give us the money back and risk giving Carnival a bad reputation. Please note that we requested your phone number and direct extension and was told by Ms. Gonzalez that she was not able to give that information out. On top of it all, she informed us that we would have to pay $65.00 dollars per person in gratuity upon boarding the ship. This was definitely a shock to us since we were told by Mr. Torres that EVERYTHING was included in the final price that was quoted when we booked the cruise initially. There was NO MENTION of any additional fees to be paid upon boarding the ship. He even made mention of the Captains Ball that is on the second day of cruise and took the time to explain the different dining options but he negated to mention gratuity aboard the ship. Per Ms, Gonzalez, Mr. Torres has worked there for quite some time. If this is the case, I don't feel like this is something that should have been overlooked or improperly explained. This was more than a mistake. What were we supposed to do upon boarding this ship without an additional $130.00? How could we have prepared for this. Never have I felt so under appreciated and disrespected as a customer. We have asked Ms. Gonzalez to review the tapes so that the information that I am telling you can prove to be truthful. We want to go on this cruise. We have already taken time off of work and made the necessary arrangements to go. We are sourly disappointed in the service that was provided on today or the lack thereof. I hope that you see that the errors made by your staff are simply to egregious to overlook. Please make the necessary adjustments to our reservations that will compensate for the unprofessional lack of regard that we were exposed to on today. I think it is reasonable to make adjustments to Mr. Torres' commission to rectify this situation. We definitely do not need to spend any more money. Especially after having to deal with an employee who is bad with numbers and a supervisor with a bad attitude. Thank you for time and immediate attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you either via email. My email address is selenamarie.[protected]@gmail.com

• Ji
      9th of May, 2017

My order is parcel pending order date 4/5/17 not send to Mumbai please my tracking number RB222151515SG not tracking information please fast delivery

• Ji
      9th of May, 2017

My parcel cuntry arrived distant tracking information and tracking no RB222151515SG please recovery post office contact and information not send to Mumbai airport customs office is pending my parcel