[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / carnival freedom, worst cruise ever

On 02/25/17 on the Carnival Freedom out of Galveston TX. Per our boarding pass our check in time was 12:00 PM a lot later than we had ever arrived. First thing I noticed was a huge crowed, when I asked a Carnival rep, we were told they were not concerned with the check in time. FIRST WARNNING SIGN! We had a party of 9 passengers, 4 state rooms traveling with 2 individuals in wheel chairs and 2 of us are considered handicapped by the State of Texas that where out of wheel chairs. The Cruise line has what is called a special assistance check in; we were told by a Carnival Rep that only the 2 in the wheelchairs could use this service. They made my wife (who has 2 Torn Rotator Cups in her Arms Push the wheel chair up all the ramps, because I was not in the stateroom) and the rest of the Party including 2 that where handicapped were told they could not use the assistance check in stand in line for 2.5 hours to check in. SECOND WARNING SIGN! When all of the Party was finally able to Board 3PM, we tried to go to the buffet to eat. Wouldn’t you know it; they were cleaning up to close it. THIRD WARNING SIGN! The cruise time for activities was missed managed and conflicting with Dinners and other activities. The Ship is not Wheelchair friendly especially in the lounges. I found most of the Crew Rude, unless you were Drinking Alcohol. If we would have been told about Carnival Guarantee after complaint was filed the first day, we would have gotten off the boat and flown home from Jamaica. I am a Diamond Member on Royal and have never been on a Cruise like this, Including Carnival. I work for a large company and have posted on our employee web board against traveling on Carnival. I would expect Carnival to refund at least our Cruise fare. There where may other incidents aboard, attempted tip changing on forms from the spa. Albert Williams Booking #4KC4T1 & 4KC4R5

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Mar 09, 2017

Thank you for sharing Mr. Williams’ comments with us.

We’ll want to be sure that the issues he’s brought to our attention are thoroughly reviewed, so we appreciate his patience while we make sure his comments reach the right people. Once we’ve had a chance to look the case over, we’ll be contacting him directly, to address his concerns.

Thank you again for making us aware of what happened. We appreciate the chance to be of assistance.

Sincerely,