[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / cancellation fee

Waxhaw, NC, United States

I live in North Carolina, my fiance and I were booked for the sensation September 7 -11th. We were going to be driving down to Miami, fl. On September 6th with friends on the same cruise. This was going to be a 12 plus hour drive each way. We were not going to risk losing our vehicle due to hurricane Irma. Miami was being evacuated and there was no gas in Miami. So we canceled, turns out the cruise we would've been on was kept out to sea longer than scheduled, and there was no trip to key west, fl. We have children being watched and could not be gone longer than scheduled. I also really wanted to go to key west and it's pay off what I paid for. I briefs she to all of these reasons I should be refunded the cancelation fees of $100. Booking# 6mj2m6.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Sep 22, 2017

Good day,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Ms. Wilson’s complaint.

We are sorry they were unable to join us for the September 7th cruise on the Carnival Sensation. We'd love nothing more than to have them sail with us and will be extending a full future cruise credit in the amount paid for their cruise. This credit will be processed automatically within the next 30 days and referenced on their booking record, so there is no need to call in.

The future cruise credit is based on the cruise fare paid for this voyage, is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, and has no cash value. The credit must be redeemed on a sailing prior to March 10, 2019. There is no refund for unused portions of the credit or for any cancellation penalties that may be assessed. After you have booked your cruise, please use the link below to provide us with the new booking information so we can process your credit. http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming them on a future Carnival cruise.

Kind Regards,