Carnival Cruise Line / money not refunded

West Mifflin, PA, United States Review updated:

I booked a cruise Nov. 2012 and I had to cancel on 2/11/2013. I called Carnival Cruise Line(CCL) on 2/11/13 and spoke with a CSR about cancelling, I gave him my info to look up and asked if there were any cancellation fees or penalties and he stated "NO because I was cancelling before my final payment date. He also stated that my full down payment would be credited to my charge card account. I received a email notification shortly after and was charged a $250pp ($500 total) cancellation penallty and fee. I contacted numerous CCL representitives including Mr. Amilcar Cascais, Vice President Tour Operations and was told the same thing, that it didn't matter what the CSR told me and that it all goes back to the booking guest notes. I asked them to review the taped conversation of the cancellation and they could hear what he told me but was still denied. I asked all of them if CSR's are allowed to lie to customers but they kept saying that it was a misunderstanding. I will NEVER deal Carnival Cruise Lines again and suggest that no one else should! It is a real shame when a multi-million dollar corporation has to lie to its customers to make money!!!

Li
Feb 18, 2013

Comments

• Li
      Feb 18, 2013

I must apologize, tonight about 2 hrs. after posting this comment I received an email from Carnival Customer Service Director informing me that after a review of the cancellation interview I was being refunded my deposit. I had been told previously by 4 other Guest Administration people that I would not receive a refund. They stated that the CSR did not notice that it was a non-refundable deposit but informed me it was. I wouldn't have cancelled if the CSR told me it was not refundable, we don't have that kind of money. I wish to Thank Carnival Guest Services personnel for being patient and considerate with my request. Carnival acted in good faith and I will cruise with them in the future. Little Devil 2