Carmax / unable to fix car correctly

United States Review updated:

Took Carmax 45 days to fix a transmission problem that turned into an engine and cooling system problem. Somehow one little issue became a major car overhaul with a nine page invoice, that luckily the warranty covered everything but $50. The bad news is, that was 19 to 12-18-9 and now the car is going back 3-30-10 for the exact same issue. Cannot get an appt that Carmax won't cancel, my contact Lonnie Frazier will not return calls, and I am scared of what they will do to my car this time and it is financed, so I cannot go buy another car I am upside down on this one and it is not worth anything to trade in, since it does not run and is currently sitting in front of my house while I beg rides off of friends and family to get to work or school. I would never buy another vehicle from Carmax and tell everyone I can about the horrible service.

Ma

Comments

• Ae
      24th of Jun, 2015

I am going through the same issues with Carmax in Dulles myself - they lost my registration, after needing to see it, so now I am registration-less...even though I indicated that I remember the Service Manager placing it on his desk, have been going to Carmax since OCTOBER 2014 (it is now almost July 2015) for the same issue over and over again, and no one seems to understand my frustration. This time, I'm refusing to pick my vehicle up until it is fixed, and will keep driving the loaner vehicle I have until they fix it correctly.