Carmax / Fraudulent company

Found a car I wanted at CarMax. Did the research. Applied for financing over the phone to make sure it'd go through before I drove the hour to the suburbs to visit the car. Financing went through, or so the salesman said. Spent three hours at the dealer sealing the deal. Got the car I wanted, traded in my old one, all was great!

Or so I thought. For four days I was singing their praises. And on the fifth day, god created anger, when I received a call from their business office saying my loan had been denied & I had to find new financing or return the car within 24 hours. Excuse me? Who gives out keys to a vehicle without an assured loan? Couldn't they have asked me to fax in paperwork & then call when things were final?

Basically, they MISLED me to think my loan had been approved & for five days, I drove around in my dream car thinking everything was fine. Then they tell me it's NOT fine? I was driving around with an unassured loan? I had ZERO idea it was not final.

I am DEVASTATED. Husband & I are having to apply for financing elsewhere, then drive back to suburbs (an hour's drive; & gas right now is $4/gallon) to fix this problem? Ridiculous. I hate this company.

N  19th of Apr, 2009 by
This is the same thing that hapen to me last week they called me a couple of days later and said mt financing didnt go throught on my dream car. CARMAX IS TERRIBLE TERRIBLE, the need to stop this practice of theirs.they said that i had to pay ooff loan that i have on my motorcycle that im actually ahead of on my payments i told them hell no and they already sold, y car that i traded in who can i turn to about this and what can i do if anyhting
N  19th of Apr, 2009 by
the location is carmax in ellicot city maryland stay away from all carmax please.
N  18th of May, 2010 by
This happens when the bank ejects the proof of income because it was not the same as stated in the application or when any other stipulents are rejusted. The sales managers are to blame for this, they need to do a better job of checking to see if they match up.

CarMax Logo CarMax