Carmax / Fraudulent company
Found a car I wanted at CarMax. Did the research. Applied for financing over the phone to make sure it'd go through before I drove the hour to the suburbs to visit the car. Financing went through, or so the salesman said. Spent three hours at the dealer sealing the deal. Got the car I wanted, traded in my old one, all was great!
Or so I thought. For four days I was singing their praises. And on the fifth day, god created anger, when I received a call from their business office saying my loan had been denied & I had to find new financing or return the car within 24 hours. Excuse me? Who gives out keys to a vehicle without an assured loan? Couldn't they have asked me to fax in paperwork & then call when things were final?
Basically, they MISLED me to think my loan had been approved & for five days, I drove around in my dream car thinking everything was fine. Then they tell me it's NOT fine? I was driving around with an unassured loan? I had ZERO idea it was not final.
I am DEVASTATED. Husband & I are having to apply for financing elsewhere, then drive back to suburbs (an hour's drive; & gas right now is $4/gallon) to fix this problem? Ridiculous. I hate this company.
More Carmax Complaints & Reviews
- Carmax - Be well prepared to enter a nightmare world! 
- Carmax - They underpay salesmen 
- Carmax - Some facts about CarMax 
- Carmax - Scam and cheating 
- Carmax - It's a den of ###s 
- CarMax Business Services - return policy
- Carmax - total loss of vehicle
- Carmax - purchased a cadillac cts from carmax in dec 2013. the car over the next 38, 000 miles has required more than $14, 000 in repairs
- Carmax - automobile
- Carmax - sold a car that wasn't safe and mechanically safe! car has been out on repair for 3 months!