Capital Onecustomer service

So their services flag fraudulent charges on my credit card and I call them. The worker in the fraud department says all charges will be removed and a new card will be issued. Splendid, unfortunately that information was a lie. One of the charges was pending so it took a day or two to post. Instead of that charge being removed it stayed on the account ans was charged a second time to the newly issued card. .I call the fraud department again. They tell me it takes three days for the charge to come off and they will handle it. Fast forward three days, the charge is STILL on the account. I call the fraud department a third time. After 20 minutes and the personnel telling me someone else dealt with it improperly, they would handle it. They also responded with a "Yes" to the following question "The next time I log into my account the charge will be removed then, right?" Three hours later, I log back in. Not only is the charge still on my account, the interest from the charge is on my account. I call back a fourth time only to be told it should come off in 72 hours but it might take one or two billing cycles for the investigation to be concluded.
So, I was told initially all the charges would come off and one week with four phone calls and three live chats later I still don't have a resolution to this problem. When I contact Capital One via e-mail asking for someone from customer service to call me, they responded saying sorry we can't call you, but you can call us.
Never in my life have I experienced such misinformation and/or lies from a company. On a side note, the fraudulent charges took place in Arkansas and I live in Michigan. I also have no history of issues with fraudulent charges in the past after having this card for 10+ years.
This organization has no business operating and I cannot wait to cancel my card and have nothing to do with them for the rest of my life. If they end up being the only bank left during my lifetime, I will keep my money in a box in the ground or a toilet rather than have to deal with them ever again.

Ti
Apr 25, 2015

Comments

• Dj
      Jul 07, 2015

I've had my account with them since 2012. No problem till recently. Some "specialist" has restricted my account on a hit-and-miss basis. For instance, when I was out in CA, I'd go to a small shop and buy some stuff. 3 out of 5 times there's no problem. Then almost every 3rd day or so, the charge would be declined! I had chatted with someone about this three times already--the second time I find that out that the 1st person didn't remove the restriction properly. Recently an initial charge for a moving company went through without a hitch, yesterday it the final charge failed. Now when I chat with Cap1 I find that they can't do it from the chat line. I have to call. With no phone? And even if I had one, I couldn't hear because I 'blew out" my ears back in August. And apparently the "specialists" haven't moved into the 21st century and can only deal with you by phone, OR snail mail!