Capital One Credit Card / deceptive practices!

1 Grapevine, TX, United States Review updated:

On January 8, 2008 I got a new credit card from Capital One, taking advantage of advertised offer of 5.99% for life. I promptly transferred $7,500.00 worth of other debt to this card. I set up payment via the web. I paid $250.00 on January 22nd, in advance of the first billing, which I HAVE NEVER received). I have attempted to make a second payment (still having received no statements) but the account is locked on line and I am unable to make a payment.

After reading literally hundreds of complaints against this credit card and bank, I now realize they are VIPERS and certainly up to no good. If I had adequate funds I would promptly pay off this card and take out ads stating my opinion of their obviously underhanded activity.

I would LOVE to join any class action suit against Capital One and their credit card practices. I suspect they are going to be giving me a lot of grief over the next few months. I would also love to sue individually, but at this time I don’t think I can afford such a lawsuit.

Comments

• Tr
      11th of Feb, 2008

This company is awful, they got a lawyer and are garnishing my wages now because i couldnt pay them what they wanted and never even gave me any notice of garnishment and i had to call the courts myself to see who it was and what it was about. I always thought that you had to go to court to get a judgment filed against you, i was wrong i guess??? This company is horrible and downright dirty and i would never suggest anyone getting a card from them.

25th of Oct, 2008

IF YOUR TIME IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, NEVER USE CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD. They are the worst in the industry! For the 4th or 5th time in a few months, they have put a hold on my credit card for no reason. It is so embarrasing! I am waiting in line to pay the cashier at a supermarket and the card gets declined. I know that there is plenty of money on the card, so I called the customer service number. Guess what? I am transferred to India, where I could barely understand the customer rep's thick Indian accent. I had to repeat my card number several times, then she argues that the number I gave is not a legitimate number. I said, "What?!" I am reading the card that you, guys issued me and I have been using this same card for years. Then, she puts me on hold for several minutes. Upon her return, I remind her that I am still holding up the line at the supermarket and people are starting to glare at me like it's my fault that my credit card is having problems. The service rep asks me to repeat the credit card number 2 more times, puts me on hold for 3 more minutes and then says that there is no hold on the card and for the cashier to try to run it again. For the 4th time, the store cashier runs the card and again, the computer screen says that the card is declined. I tell the service rep this, and she still insists that it is not on their end, but on the store's end. The cashier runs the card 2 more times. Same thing. I ask the service rep to be transferred to a supervisor and she says in "an-i-don't-give-a-crap" voice, "I can't transfer you until I exhaust all the troubleshooting possibilities. What are the last 3 digits on the back of your card?" I give her the number and she says, "That is an invalid code". Again, I shriek, '"What?! I am simply reading the back of my card and I have used this code and this card for years? What is going on?" She says (amused), "Hold the line..." Again, I was on hold for several minutes, then she comes back on the line and said, "I don't see any problem on the card. Run the card again... Maybe this time it will work." I ask the cashier (who at this time, is now glaring at ME), to run the card one last time. Guess what? Card is still declined and the phone goes dead!