Canadian Tire / return/exchange

Surrey, BC, CA Review updated:

I purchased tire chains 3 days ago. Before the purchase I asked the person attending the section what the return policy was and he informed me within 3 days. I then proceed to checkout and ask the same question to the cashier who didn't know and called on someone to assist me. That person turned out to be the same person and repeated that I can return/exchange within 3 days.

I go to the branch to return the chains today as I found a cheaper alternative to find the store manager coming all the way to say that tire chains cannot be returned but only exchanged with similar.or different size tire chains and that he had a sign posted saYing the same. When I told him I never saw his sign and what the salesperson told me he said that the salesperson meant exchange for tire chains.

I find the store manager response appalling and find that I was mislead at the point of sale, despite my repeated request for the policy, by the saleperson when he failed to clarify the stipulation that they can only be changed for similar tire chains.

Canadian Tire

Jo
Nov 27, 2016

Comments

• Es
      Nov 28, 2016

Care to read out what is written on the receipt just under the price of the Chains?

It is quite explicit. "exchange only within 3 days. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS. "

Don't know how much more obvious it can be.