Canadian Tire Paint / paint

1 British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I went to Canadian Tire to purchase paint. The girl that helped me had to tint it 3 times but just couldnt get it right. Then she said if I changed from egg shell to a semi latex it would be better. So I did. Then she did another tint test on the paint and she still didnt mix it right. She said it will look different on the wall then on the shiny peice of paper she's showing me the dry color on, so I should go test it out on my walls. So I said okay, and paid for it, took it home and its not the right color. Went back to Canadian Tire a few days later and they wouldnt take the paint back, the manager was rude and didnt believe me. No option of refund, only to get it tinted again, which is ridiculous, I've already put the project off, so just wanted my money back to get a professional at Rona to do it instead. So if you have a paint project to do that is within this lifetime dont get paint from Canadian Tire.

Mo

Comments

• Aq
      14th of Mar, 2010

You're right about Canadian Tire- what can you expect when they hire kids to do the job after-school!

• Ni
      27th of Mar, 2010

Aquafire- same with Rona.

1st of Sep, 2018

Canadian Tire Premier paint is excellent paint and often on sale. Benjamin more is overrated and too expensive. Heck, my local Benjamin Moore store charges a dollar for one colour card, whereas they are free everywhere else. And if you want "official" proof regarding BM paints, look up Consumer Report reviews: Behr is consistently better for almost half the price of Benjamin Moore... I think you are paying for the name.