Canadian Tire

Fri:8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 9:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Canadian Tire/gps Devicereturn policy

I purchased a GPS on 9 October 09. I was told by the person at the Service Department that I could return it as long as I have the receipt. The GPS does not work properly. I went to Customer Service twice to try to return it and they tell me they have a deal with NDrive (the manufacturer company). They do not accept returns but will exchange it only within 30 days. Considering I paid $169.99 for the GPS and was not happy with the performance, I wanted my money back to purchase one that was user friendly and actually worked. The Customer Service girl had the Service Parts Manager talk to me. He was unfriendly to say the least. Couldn't care less whether it worked or not; offered me the exchange only. So I left with the exchange but I will never deal with these people again. They do not stand behind their products and advertise that their products may be returned. They do not tell you what products are not returnable. I would not have bought it there if I had been told it was not returnable. I guess they wouldn't have any business if they told you the truth. I have spent thousands of dollars in this store but never again. I will go to Walmart or Costco as they treat their Customers with respect and value their business. I hope it was worth $169. to this Service Manager (Wade) to not stand behind what they tell their customers and to treat their customers like they don't matter. If a product is not returnable the customer should be told that when it is purchased. If electronics are not returnable, even when they don't work, it should be clearly adverstised. Customers do matter Wade of Canadian Tire on 16 Dentith Street. You will find this out the hard way. Hope it was worth all the $$$ I spent there to refuse to return a product that did not work and was not satisfactory to the customer. NEVER BUY ELECTRONICS AT 16 DENTITH ROAD, HERRING COVE ROAD, SRPYFIELD. I have learned my lesson $169.99 later. Wendy

• As
      Asif.M Nov 03, 2013

I bought a Magellan GPS from Canadian Tire store but unfortunately, I did not like the software (I am Garmin user) and decided to return within seven days. Customer service lady told me that since it is used she can not take it back. I tried to explain her i never used it, only i was checking the function sitting on a sofa and never tried in the car, but she was keep on saying i am a liar (in other words) I spoke to the manager as well, at the end i walked out with GPS. I learned my lesson and will avoid CT for shopping, specially any electronics and Auto Service. This store is located at Meadowvale Town center, Mississauga.

• Da
      Dave88 Jun 25, 2011

I just had similar experience today. I bought a Magellan GPS from Kanata Canadian Tire store 14 days ago. I went to the same store to return it today and the automotive parts manager said the GPS are refundable. He was very unfriendly and pointed me to the sign that says GPS devices are non refundable although on the receipt, it clearly says that it has 30 return policy. But they wouldn't give a refund. I would never buy anything electronics or any automotive parts from them from now on. No wonder why Walmart are doing much better than them. SO NEVER BUY ANY ELECTRONICS OR AUTOMOTIVE PARTS FROM CANADIAN TIRE IN KANATA on 8181 Campeau Drive.