Canadian Tire / car batteries damaged after 5 months!
I purchased brand new battery for my car from canadian tire located on hasting street near commercial drive in vancouver BC. Battery found defective after 5 months or so. I went back today, Oct 3, 07 to the same store. They checked the battery and found that it was defective. I was told that the battery does not have ' DATE CODE on it and so it cannot be replaced. I asked them if it does not have the necessary date code then why was it sold to me. I think, I was sold sub standard and defective battery and was charged full price for the same
They agreed to give me new battery against payment of $ 50, half price since I misplaced my receipt. While they kept 2 hard copies of warranty / receipt with them and details can easily be searched on computer on the basis of my address/ tel # / credit card # OR by looking at condition of battery or the serial # of battery.But to my surprise, in this computer age wherein tons of data is easily accessible by giving search command, they declined to do that or did not want to share this information with me. I think, I have unnecessarily been charged again for the fault of canadian tire. They got rid of defective battery and I have to pay 1.5 times of charges and harassment. I suggest to refrain from buying from this store. I have sent a formal complaint to their customer services and would get back if they compensate my monetary losses.
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire - Online shopping/delivery of fry pan
- Canadian Tire - automobile garage services
- Canadian Tire - cashier attitude
- Canadian Tire - fry pay
- Canadian Tire - service, winter tire instalation