Camping World / warranty work service & product complaint

Lubbock, TX, United States Review updated:

We took our Heartland Roadwarrior 427 into Camping World in Lubbock, TX for some warranty work - there were a lot of small issues so we thought we would go through warranty to have them fixed. Camping World had our trailer for 3 weeks! We are living in the trailer because we are traveling with my husband and his job - they knew we were living in the trailer and still took these minor repairs to get done 3 weeks! I know they had to go through the Heartland warranty and that takes time but very frustrating! Camping World fixed our leaks on our trailer (so far). They called and told us the auto leveling system isn't covered in our warranty and it was going to cost $70 in labor (30 min to calibrate it) so we agreed to that. When we picked up the trailer, our battery was completely dead! We couldn't even raise our jacks- they had to come charge our battery to get the jacks up. Then they told us our trailer would charge while we drove & we had bought some simple green & ice to put down our tanks to clean them while we drove- our battery was SO dead we couldn't even put our slides out to get to our tanks! We even stopped a couple of times in our 5 hour drive and nothing! Our battery hadn't charged one bit! When we got back to our campground, the auto leveling system wasn't working at all! My husband had to manually level it. We called Camping World and they basically told us we could bring it back in! Are you kidding me? They just had it for 3 weeks! And didn't even fix the part we had to pay money for - and do you think they will refund us our $70... no! They said we can call and a mechanic can walk us through it but then when we called - they say bring it in.. ugh! Very frustrating! They said the service manager would call us and they haven't gotten back to us! Not to mention we had to pay $160 for winterizing the trailer while they had it! My husband (being as awesome as he is) figured out while Camping World had our trailer they had blown our 40 amp fuses! That's why nothing was working! So we had to go buy more fuses, my husband had to go to two different stores to get them - they were about $10 but it's the point of it all... we shouldn't have had all these issues! We also trusted them to install a reverse osmosis system while they had our trailer and we ordered a soft water system. They told us the reverse osmosis & soft water system would cover any amount of hard water & bacteria in the water - which we are learning is NOT true! The soft water system is ok (other than being charged twice for it and having to call them for a refund) but we paid almost $400 extra dollars for a reverse osmosis which we are not able to drink the water! We spent so much money at Camping World with no real success other than our minor water leaks being fixed!

Ml
Feb 14, 2017

Comments

• Bo
      Mar 02, 2017

took my 2016 Jayco Eagle in for warranty work, just small issues like crank handles that fell off the bathroom fan and the attenna as well as a dented speaker cover and a bad water pump. Well 3 months later and it is still not done. I cannot believe the poor service. I even had to cancel our Florida trip now since it is still not done. very disappointed in Indiana.