Camping World / I will never visit camping world for servicing or installation again
My vacation was scheduled for july 1.2006. I initiated the replacement of my broken down refrigerator one month in advance to ensure it would be completed in time. I contacted camping world to purchase the new refrigerator and schedule the installation. I purchased the new refrigerator and was informed that there was a three week wait for the scheduled replacement and that my date was june 24. 2006.
I brought my camper in and dropped it off on june 21st, we discussed in detail the mechanics of replacing the refrigerator. The fact that the size of the unit 24' wide and the size of the door 22' wide required the removal of the door frame to get the job done and an installation charge of up to $300.00 may apply. I agreed and instructed them to get the job done regardless of cost.
I received a message on june 24.2006 at 10:00 am that after 2.0 hours of working on it that it was physically impossible to replace the unit due to size incompatibilities. I contacted the camper manufacturers and asked them what was the necessary steps to getting the unit replaced.
I called camping world monday morning and discussed the installation with the service department. I told them what lance had said about getting the unit installed. It was agreed on that camping world would initiate and complete the install by thursday the 28th and that they would keep me updated on any problems.
I called them the morning of the 28th to see if the job was complete only to find out they never started the job and that they were informing me that they would not be able to help me. I am now leaving on my two week vacation with no refrigerator in my camper.
This is my second experience with camping worlds service department. My first experience was no better than this one. I will never visit camping world for servicing or installation again.
More Camping World Complaints & Reviews
- Camping World - repair issues and damages to camper 
- Camping World - extended warranty 
- Camping World Chattanooga - lack of service 
- Camping World - rude customers
- Camping World - terrible service, again! 
- Camping World - customer service from start of purchase through the end
- Camping World - pricing on shelf not reflecting same price at the register
- Camping World - customer service
- Camping World - rpod 180 and service dept customer service
- Camping World - won't pay me for my motor home they sold on consignment