Burger King / rude manager

1 3306 East Bennett drFlorence, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8433198753

Today I was in the drive thru and my order was messed up so I drive around go inside and tell the manager that I ordered my sandwich w/o mayo so he then looks at me and yells telling me that I didn't them b/c what I ordered was on the paper. I now for a fact that I said no mayo since I am allergic to it. Now is it my fault that they made a mistake. So I will never eat there again b/c for a manager to be so rude to paying customers is not exceptable. I work for a major hospital here in florence and they will know about it as well as my family and friends.

Comments

6th of Jun, 2008

You still suck at life.

12th of May, 2009

While traveling through Moab, we stopped at Burger King for a milk shake. The manager was berating an employee in front of costomers. He was also rude to the customer in front of me in line. The man paid and did not receive a burger and he also did not receive cups for his drinks. The manager acted as though the errors were his fault. When he waited on me, I gave him a $10.00 bill. He did not have the needed coins in the register and was rude to me and an employee because he had to get more change. This manager needs a course in how to treat employees and customers! Thank you, Jan Ivy, Merced, California

• Fo
      15th of May, 2009

Here's a copy of the letter I sent.

May 14, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you to tell you why I will NEVER eat at Burger King again. One rude manager and your crappy Customer Service Relations have convinced me that Burger King does not need my money in this struggling economy.

I just tried to BUY (pay for with money you need) three kids meals from the Beretania Street Burger King (which is across from McDonalds – I will ALWAYS go there now) and one of your poorly trained managers was unbelievably rude to me.

I walked in and tried to buy ONE meal and purchase the other two toys separately, like I did the week before. The manager (rude, poorly trained, Filipino female, working at 4:20 PM) said I could not because they were running out of toys. I said ‘AWW, I did it last week” and I was about to order the other two meals when she said, right after I made my comment “You cannot, CASE CLOSED”.

I walked out and tried to get in touch with someone at your local office and they have not called back. I called Beretania at 4:42 to get the rude manager’s name. I informed her that I was writing this letter and calling the numbers listed because she was rude to me. She had the nerve to say she wasn’t rude. I told her about the “case closed” comment and she denied it saying “it was not in her vocabulary to say that” and that she had a witness (another worker). She said “fine, go ahead”, NOT APOLOGETIC AT ALL.

I wouldn’t have to write this letter, if you had a website with a complaints section like JACK IN THE BOX, MCDONALD’S, SUBWAY, PIZZA HUT and TACO BELL DO.

The customer is always right and JANET PASCUAL of Beretania Burger King DOES NOT KNOW THAT. She was rude, lied and egged me on to turn her name in. There are tons of hardworking people out there that deserve this job. JANET PASCUAL does not. I told her I would try to get her fired and I will.

I will be sending a copy of this letter to the headquarters of Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and Subway (all next to your Burger King). I hope they share this story in their MANAGER TRAINING SESSIONS as a NOT WHAT TO DO scenario.

I will also solicit local news stations to do a story on customer service and how important it is in this struggling economy for companies LIKE YOURS.

Janet Pascual failed in so many areas because she KNEW she could be rude, lie and DARE me to complain about her because she must not get reprimanded for her rude actions. Trained managers know how to deescalate a problem, big or small (like this one). Janet should have said ‘sorry you feel that way mama, is there anything I can do?” She is NOT supposed to let it get to this level.

I was not rude to her. I was willing to pay for the products I wanted. I was also willing to come back time and time again. Janet Pascual has lost my business for your company.

I am only one person with the resolve to make sure that everyone who will listen will hear this story and boycott Burger King as well. I HOPE when I tell this story it has somewhat of a happy ending in which I can say Burger King DID SOMETHING to ensure JANET PASCUAL doesn’t lose the corporation any more business with her rude, smug attitude.

Please contact me at my email: to inform me that you have done something to ensure that JANET PASCUAL will never be rude to another customer again. I don’t want or need an apology. I want action.

Former satisfied customer,

• Tr
      30th of May, 2009

You need some serious prozac...

• Li
      11th of Aug, 2009

The customer is always an idiot. Especially in your case.

21st of Aug, 2009

The manager told you they were running out of toys and you still insisted on getting the toys, I don't see any problem with how she reacted. You're acting irrational for not getting your way about a fast food toy that your children aren't even going to remember in a few years. And you say the "customer is always right, " clearly you never worked in fast food or retail; the customer is wrong 99.9% of the time because they're SELFISH (like yourself) So get over it, you want real toys - go to Toys R' Us and get your children a toy they're actually care about and remember.

• Br
      21st of Apr, 2010

And I thought the English were acquiescent!!!

Why did you wait to be served by this ogre? Why did you not demand your money back and tell him what to do with his burger???

Unbelievable.

10th of Feb, 2011

foxxydoxxy is most definitely not a valued customer. what an arrogant, self-entitled [censor] you are. take it on the chin and grow up!

10th of Feb, 2011

brok - it's called living in a polite society. Not everyone is an arrogant [censor] who starts banging their fists at the slightest instance of bad customer service.

10th of Feb, 2011

Allergies are treated very seriously by fast food stores. If you tell them your allergy every single time you make an order, you will be guaranteed the correct food. And if they still mess up after that, you can always sue.