Budget Truck Rental / crystal clean truck rental

1006 E North 1st St., Seneca, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 864-882-6400

I reserved a truck two weeks before the date I needed to rent it. I reserved it from
Crystal clean truck rental
1006 e north 1st st
Seneca, sc 29678
[protected]
when my fiance got there to pick up the truck he was told the truck we reserved wasn't there so he had to rent a bigger truck that was $10.00 more than the one we had reserved and was guaranteed two weeks prior. he was told to do that or have nothing at all. so, we had no choice but to go with that. I was given a special mileage rate online of.69 a mile and was actually charged.79 a mile. the estimated quote I was given online was $64.79 and I was charge $133.75! when I called crystal clean truck rental to ask about it the man was rude and told me there was nothing he could do about it. when I asked for the number to budget truck rental he started yelling at me so I hung up the phone to look up the budget truck rental info online. I am also contacting the better business bureau about this, posting blogs, and getting the word out as much as possible to never rent a budget truck because you will not be given the truck nor the price you are guaranteed. and the service is rude and they give you absolutely no choice but to go with what they tell you to when it's too late to change to anything else.

Comments

• Di
      31st of Aug, 2012

I had exactly the same experience!! After booking a truck online, I received a call less than 24 hours before my booking from Lane to say that he would be in town. I found out from talking to him that it was really an insurance issue - which doubles the price - and he would not rent me a truck. My $150.90 truck was going to almost double! With a cursing ty-raid, he informed me that it was a "65 f-ing thousand dollar truck" and "would go on my insurance for 3 years if I did not take their insurance." I told him that I did not want it and he told me he would not honor my reservation. Called the corporate offices to report him. Seriously - stay away from this person. No only NOT the way you want your moving experience to go - but you just don't need to foul abuse.

• Sc
      24th of Feb, 2015

Yes did the same thing about insurance. Said he didn't make any money off it and that his wife has been in the insurance business for over 9 years so he knew what he was talking about. I called budget and made a complaint and made sure that they cancelled my reservation with him so I wouldn't be charged the $50 fee because I didn't trust him to cancel it. I just went with a different budget renter. He doesn't need to be in business if this is an ongoing issue

• Tr
      11th of Aug, 2015

Picking up the Budget Rental Truck in Columbia was a breeze. Friendly staff and helpful. Dropping off the truck at Crystal Clean Truck Rental in Senaca was another story. A rude, grumpy and untrusting old man met us at the truck return lot and accused us of not leaving the truck with a full tank of gas. He proceeded to manuever the truck around for 7 minutes or so "to get it on flat ground" so that he could see if the tank was truly full. The needle indicated full before the old grumpy butt started backing the truck up and down the parking lot to reach a level spot to determine if the truck was truly full of gas. It was so full of gas that the gasoline could be seen in the neck of the fuel tank. The old man was rude, his son was even more rude and charged us another $49. We had just filled the tank to the rim with fuel prior to returning it. I am convinced one of these nasty men drove more gas out of the truck after we left. No doubt in my mind. WE WILL NEVER USE BUDGET TRUCK RENTAL EVER AGAIN!!! I encourage all of my family and friends to boycott them too.

• Do
      3rd of May, 2017

STAY AWAY!! Read all the reviews! Google this company! Their Facebook page won't allow all of their victims to post reviews, thank goodness for third party websites! This father/son scam team will try every which way to cheat you, overcharge you, and bill you for things that are out of your control. Dont fall for the gas scam! Rude, vulgar and insulting. These men couldn't be professional if their lives depended on it, they don't know how. Which is why their business is a failure. Dont pay mind to their hours, it changes with their personal plans. Maybe they wouldn't need to cheat people out of their money if they had the ambition to show up to work like other hard working HONEST Americans.