Budget Rental Carinsurance

After bidding on a car through Priceline, I went to Fort Lauderdale airport to pick up the rental. The agent asked if I needed to ugrade the full size car I'd pre-purchased and I told her "No". She then asked if I wanted to add insurance. I again declined. I told her everything was pre-paid and I was just there to get the car.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Fort Lauderdale, FL

She then printed my form, circled a bunch of items and asked me to initial. I didn't think I needed to double check that she would try to sneak in the insurance at $26.99 per day!

I just checked my statement and noticed I'd been billed by Priceline and Budget.

My warning...READ EVERYTHING those con artists ask you to sign. This must be one of their scams - pulling a bait and switch on airport customers because they know we are rushing.

Comments

• Mi
      Oct 22, 2009

I agree, read everything! I'll never use Budget again.

• Ae
      Jan 04, 2012

STRONGLY AGREE !!! The same thing happened to me after renting a car at Ft Lauderdale Airport.. I rented a car in Nov. 2011 and when I returned home my VISA statement had a charge of $198.00 from Budget. I called their 800 number to find out what the charge was for. I was told the charge was for insurance that I had signed for. When I reserved the vehicle on line I declined ALL the options.
    Their response was basically, " too bad, you signed for it at the airport ". Since I declined the insurance when I rented the car, they had no business offering it to me again. How many other people have been screwed by Budget at Fort Lauderdale Airport ?

• Ra
      Jun 03, 2016
    Budget Rental Car - Insurance Ripoff
    Budget
    Mexico

Reserved and prepaid for car and Mexico Insurance.
    They won't accept the insurance or credit card insurance coverage.
    They would only rent if you purchased their insurance. prepaid was $57.00 Theirs $ 312.00
    I was the 6th person in line and listened to the other five people try everything possible.
    The end result was pay their price or leave. After waiting 2 1/2hrs we left and walked 3 blocks to thrifty
    They were aware of Budgets Rip Off Policy and rented us a equal car for the price of our original contract with Budget.
    Budget will never get my BUSINESS