Budget Car Rentalwarning to inspect your vehicle carefully

C

This posting is to warn vehicle renters in Germany to be very thorough in inspecting their vehicle, because Budget will hold you liable for every thing if it was not fully documented as preexisting damage. We learned this the hard way with a Budget car rental at Stuttgart airport in May 2006. We
are 100% positive the scrape around our rental car's right rear wheel well was preexisting, because we noticed it after less than 20 minutes of driving without bumping or brushing into anything. We believe Budget placed us at a significant disadvantage by having us sign for the vehicle condition before sending us out to find the car in a narrow spot in a very dim section of the airport parking garage. The $975 damage charge was excessive by US standards, possibly because of high German labor costs. We understand Budget had the legal right to hold us liable, but consider it poor customer service, will never rent from Budget again in Germany or anywhere else, and are trying to spread the word to prevent others from having the same situation.

Christine.

• Er
    Eric Rousculp May 18, 2007

The same thing just happened to me at Budget in Sacramento, CA. Signed the form at the counter before seeing the car, and then inspected the car without an attendant, in a dimly lit parking lot at 10 PM. Didn't see the minor damage until the next morning. The damage was hard to see in normal light. No way it happened when we had the car, but we get the $800 bill. I wonder if they wait for a customer who self insures to press a claim?

Avoid Budget!!

• Be
    betty boo Oct 22, 2009

we should band together and sue "budget Rental CAR/truck". I bought insurance which was suggest by their Sale agent as "full coverage" insurance and it turns out it was partial and we didn't know. had we knowns we would have not bought that insurance. we were lied too by their Sale agent and their company is backing them up. you know how they sucker you to go with their service. they put up a cheap price and sell you something you thought you were getting. write to bbb better business bureau

• 24
    24Churchill Aug 15, 2018

Prepaid for a two day rental from Budget at rate of $97.00 per day including taxes. We returned the vehicle 3 hours past the 48 hour and were charged an additional $138.00 for three hours!! I guess we learned our lesson that we should read the fine print of the contract ahead of time. What a money gouge.

• Ti
    Timyden Di Nov 04, 2018

The budget company charged me RSN And ADR for renting a car.an agent who is Rich he put on contract even when I said we do not want buy RSN and ADN. By the way they said those are the options but when I we do not need those, he still put on contract.

Comments

Marcia Silk Walsh Nov 12, 2018

Be careful with this company - made a reservation 30 days in advance and had a quote/car --- when I arrived at airport - the car and price quoted were not available - which meant a 25% increase in cost for the car.

• Ed
    E Da Apr 15, 2019

Erika Sears . My name is spelled Ericka Sears Murry. Rental agreement: U156337915. Our claim No. : [protected].
    Please give me a call at [protected].
    This is an identity theft.

• Vi
    Victri Vet Apr 15, 2019

Do not use budget car rentals. They allow vendors to bait and switch the contract rental. Burned twice with no support from corporate, use europe car, they keep their word,