Budget Car Rental — warning to inspect your vehicle carefully
This posting is to warn vehicle renters in Germany to be very thorough in inspecting their vehicle, because Budget will hold you liable for every thing if it was not fully documented as preexisting damage. We learned this the hard way with a Budget car rental at Stuttgart airport in May 2006. We
are 100% positive the scrape around our rental car's right rear wheel well was preexisting, because we noticed it after less than 20 minutes of driving without bumping or brushing into anything. We believe Budget placed us at a significant disadvantage by having us sign for the vehicle condition before sending us out to find the car in a narrow spot in a very dim section of the airport parking garage. The $975 damage charge was excessive by US standards, possibly because of high German labor costs. We understand Budget had the legal right to hold us liable, but consider it poor customer service, will never rent from Budget again in Germany or anywhere else, and are trying to spread the word to prevent others from having the same situation.
More Budget Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Budget Car Rental - hidden charges
- Budget Rent A Car - fraudulent charge on credit card
- Budget/ car rental - insurance fraud
- Budget Truck Rental - horrible customer service!
- Budget Rental Car - hidden charges for rsn and xmr
- Budget Car Rental - overcharging
- Budget Rent A Car - rent a car scam in dublin ireland
- Budget Car Rental - stay away from these crooks
- Budget Car Rental - car rental
- Budget Car Rental - car rental the ldw trap