Budget Car Rental / lied, overcharged

Budget Rental Car
Budget kept me waiting a half-hour though I had a reservation, while Budget helped people without a reservation. Clerk said, "sign for this amount", but later put in a higher amount (triple), in retaliation, becuaus I complained to her that she and her partner should have had two lines, one for people with reservations and one for people without, or should give priority to those with reservations. Budget Car Rental in Nashville are crooks. Company replied saying they would not refund my money, offered me a coupon on my next rental. I said, I won't be renting from Budget again.

N  16th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You mention that the clerk changed the amount to triple of what you signed for. When you signed, did you get a copy of that? Once signing, you should demand a copy of that as proof of the amount you originally signed for.

It is amazing how these auto rental places don't give a darn about their reputation. All of these places are known to screw people. That is why I won't deal wit any of them.
A  24th of Jun, 2009 by
Budget Car rental are cheats and have the worst customer support I have ever seen.

No wonder the company did not survive by itself and was taken over by Avis.

I booked a oneway rental from Ohare on 7th June, the booking was done through expedia where I had declined the insurance. Also when I picked up the rental car I was told to sign in places to decline the insurance. The cheat/lady at the counter repeatedly told me that I was declining the insurance and that I would not be covered, which I agreed to as I have my own car insurance.

To my surprise, I was charged insurance and when I contacted them they said that I signed for it. I agree I should have read what I sign for, but these cheats keep you engrossed in words while you sign for something other than they are telling.

After contacting customer support, drop off location (as it was oneway) and even the Ohare area manager, all are covering up their location staff by saying "You have signed it"

I beleive that the insurance coverage is a major source of income for their goal and that is why they all team up to protect this misleading practice resulting in this fraud.

I will be taking up this matter with BBB, but I suggest all those who rent, to read what you are signing for very carfully to avoid paying extra.

Budget Rent A Car Logo Budget Rent A Car