British Airways / should I be grateful for being alive?

1 Finland

Our group of six people traveled from Helsinki/Finland to Honolulu/Hawaii and back via LHR-LAX using BA as a main carrier (+ co-chaired flights with AA and Finnair). The whole package makes in total 12 trips, during which not a single baggage item has been delivered on time.

At the destination – Honolulu, we’ve been waiting 6 days to get all baggage collected. According to BA’s personnel at LAX airport, our baggage missed the flight at LHR. Back here in Helsinki, it's now the ninth day of waiting and still four bags have a “tracing continues” status at the worldtracer site. There is a very strong indication that our baggage has been again stuck at LHR. I’ve reported my case through a BA customer contact web form, so far without any feedback. I allso called BA's customer support and received a very "friendly" comment: Being told about our baggage problems, BA’s person stated that “it’s better not to be blown up in the plane and wait a while for a baggage”. I must say it’s the most memorable comment I’ve ever heard from the airline service representative.

Yes I agree with BA, it’s nice to conduct each flight alive in general and particularly with BA to and from LHR. However, with all sympathy and goodwill I feel nowadays for BA (and other carriers and their personnel too), I'd have expected from BA a bit higher service ambitions than just keeping customers alive.

In case BA is willing to respond to this message, the similar story with the contact data has been sent through a BA’s customer contact web form.