Bottom Line Books / no phone number

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

I ordered The Treasury of Health Secrets from Bottom Line Books. The books are very informative, But: here is my complaint. The bill does not have an email address or website. No phone number. I do not usually send payment by U.S.P.S. I do most all of my payments via on line banking or phone. I had to search a web yellow pages to find the information I needed. Once I found the phone number: by the way, it is [protected], I was able to call and reached a customer service associate, who was very helpful, and I was able to makde my payment in full. The CSA was very helpful and courteous. I received my confirmation number for the payment. I asked why there is no additional information on the billing statement. CSA replied, "I get that complaint often and have reported to the company but nothing has been done to change the billing information". This is unacceptable. I work for a company in Customer Service also. I understand the complaint process, my company (which services many states). Listens to what our customers say and make changes often to customer satisfaction. It isn't difficult to add the proper information on a bill or statement. Bottom Line is not a small company and I feel that they should make it as easy as possible for the customer to pay a bill, call for information and submits comments and/or complaints.

Fi

Comments

• Ed
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I too find that I am getting unsolicited books. I thought their ads were very slick and written well to induce unwitting buyers. I was curious and ordered "Health Breakthroughs 2008." It stunk.

Then, Health Breakthroughs 2009 arrived unsolicited. Thereafter came the threatening notices to pay up yadayadayada. I wondered if I had not inadvertently ordered it. I get tons of spam from them, and much of it is not easily identifiable with Bottom Line books. So I paid it and told them not to send any unsolicited books again.

On this site, I find evidence that my experience is not an isolated case. They are bilking other victims.

They have a web site with posted phone numbers. They are scattered in several states as you can see below. I suggest one recorded phone call be made and one registered letter sent to the appropriate address to request an end to their unsolicited deliveries. If that fails, make your next letter to the state's attorney general corresponding to that address under the topic consumer fraud, and post a copy here for a record.

By doing this unsolicited delivery across state lines, they are breaking some federal trade laws too. File complaints with Federal Trade Commission.

One bit of advice on books. If books are not marketed through Amazon.com where you can see the reviews of customers and peers, DON'T BUY THOSE BOOKS! They are almost surely published by purveyors of ### between two covers. Very little can be seen about Bottom Line books at Amazon. That's a red flag.

Bottom Line Books seem to be bad news. Addresses for contact follow below.

Ed Nuhfer

281 Tresser Boulevard, 8th Floor
    Stamford, CT. 06901-3246 (203) 973-5900 (203) 967-3086

• Ri
      12th of Oct, 2015

I ordered a book on how to get rid of type 2 diabetese four weeks ago. I'm still waiting for it. If I cann't get the book,
    atleast send my $50 dollars back. From: b9rich63@yahoo.com