Bosch / BSH Home Appliances / bosch 500 series-dishwasher

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 by   User
I purchased my first Bosch product on May 27, 2016 - It was a top of the line Dishwasher - total purchase $812.10. I figured why not spend alittle more on a "great" product instead of spending 400.00 on an average product.

After less than 2 yrs - (20 mos to be exact), the dishwasher stopped draining water - E-24. Today I am now being presented with a $167.00 repair bill. I do not think I should have to pay this repair! but, I have no choice if I want a dishwasher to work.

This is so disappointing. I thought I was avoiding things like this by purchasing your product. Not even 2 years of service without a repair and costly at that.

I take care of my appliances - I rinse my dishes, even thought it claims you do not need to, and it doesn't even get used on a daily basis - maybe ran every third day.

Unhappy Consumer
Lora Young
lyoung@hustler-conveyor.com
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

N  13th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Hi Laura. Appreciated reading your concerns. Personally I, of course, also own a Bosch dishwasher and absolutely love it.

In the production of their products, any manufacturer needs to balance cost with the price of the product. Warranty coverage, regardless of how long, is a real cost to any manufacturer. To be competitive, this industry has determined that one year is an acceptable standard. For those individuals that a single year is not long enough, most retailers offer additional warranty coverage at reasonable pricing.

Where did you purchase this unit from? Is it possible additional warranty coverage was purchased at the time?

Also, it's important to note that you should NEVER prerinse your dishes. Several years ago phosphates were removed from the dishwashing detergents. Without them, the detergents will NOT activate until it comes in contract with grease. By prerinsing your dishes, it becomes the equivalent of running the dishwasher without detergents at all. This may or may not have created your issue, but it definitely hinders the cleaning process.

Hopefully this all helps.

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree