Having problems with Bosch?

Bosch reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 17, 2006. The latest review Repair or refund my money to go and buy the brands with normal terms and conditions was posted on Oct 11, 2021. The latest complaint Bosch service was resolved on Dec 13, 2014. Bosch has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 131 reviews. Bosch has resolved 33 complaints.

Bosch Customer Service Contacts

Thu5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bosch Customer Service. Initial Bosch complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bosch above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bosch. Discuss the issues you have had with Bosch and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bosch Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesbosch she65t

My Bosch dishwasher, purchased from Sears, lasted less than 2 years. A faulty power cord melted and ruined the control module. After buying a replacement control module, the machine still did not work. So I scrapped it and bought a different brand thinking that the Bosch brand was slipping. Six months later I received a re-call notice in the mail regarding the faulty power cord. It's too late, that machine has been recycled. I obviously cannot provide model and serial number now, but I would like to be reimbursed for the cost of the control module and the pro-rated value of the dishwasher.

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesbosch 500 series-dishwasher

I purchased my first Bosch product on May 27, 2016 - It was a top of the line Dishwasher - total purchase $812.10. I figured why not spend alittle more on a "great" product instead of spending 400.00 on an average product.

After less than 2 yrs - (20 mos to be exact), the dishwasher stopped draining water - E-24. Today I am now being presented with a $167.00 repair bill. I do not think I should have to pay this repair! but, I have no choice if I want a dishwasher to work.

This is so disappointing. I thought I was avoiding things like this by purchasing your product. Not even 2 years of service without a repair and costly at that.

I take care of my appliances - I rinse my dishes, even thought it claims you do not need to, and it doesn't even get used on a daily basis - maybe ran every third day.

Unhappy Consumer
    Lora Young
    [protected]@hustler-conveyor.com

• Sh
        Shaun R. Feb 13, 2018

Hi Laura. Appreciated reading your concerns. Personally I, of course, also own a Bosch dishwasher and absolutely love it.

In the production of their products, any manufacturer needs to balance cost with the price of the product. Warranty coverage, regardless of how long, is a real cost to any manufacturer. To be competitive, this industry has determined that one year is an acceptable standard. For those individuals that a single year is not long enough, most retailers offer additional warranty coverage at reasonable pricing.

Where did you purchase this unit from? Is it possible additional warranty coverage was purchased at the time?

Also, it's important to note that you should NEVER prerinse your dishes. Several years ago phosphates were removed from the dishwashing detergents. Without them, the detergents will NOT activate until it comes in contract with grease. By prerinsing your dishes, it becomes the equivalent of running the dishwasher without detergents at all. This may or may not have created your issue, but it definitely hinders the cleaning process.

Hopefully this all helps.

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesgas boiler (greenstar combi)

I have a Greenstar Combi hot water boiler that is just over three years old and it is already costing me almost $1, 500 in repairs. My opinion of the product is that it is total garbage and my advice to everyone is to steer clear of the company and their products. Their customer support line has the same woman who answers the phones and she is rude a callous. I've called a few times and every time I have received a variation of "I can't help you" or "I can't tell you that." I don't know why they bother having a phone line at all. The company seems to take no responsibility for their products nor do they care about the consumer at all.

Bosch / BSH Home Appliances — oven

Please look at the instructions on the picture, a complete abdication of responsibility on what is either an...

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesdishwasher

bosch dishwasher caveat emptor
        My Bosch dishwasher, SHU43C02uc/43, was installed in 2006. I never heard about a voluntary recall for the control module. (See 2013 post by robinp above.) In 2010 a solder joint on the heater relay failed, and was repaired by resoldering. The life of the repair was prolonged by using the "quick wash" setting instead of "regular wash". But in 2017 the relay failed again. This time the control module was replaced, but how long will it last if it is OEM specs? Seems to be a very common problem with Botch dishwashers. Root cause is explained in an informative video posted on July 14, 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nLN3WO3RQY It defies logic and good practice to use a relay with contacts rated at 10 amps to control the heater drawing 11 amps. No wonder the points deteriorate. Unless the objective is to provide work for the service techs and sell parts. Bosch appliances can best be described in two words: underengineered and overpriced. So I am complaining about design defects and lack of interest in correcting such defects.

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesbosch refrigerator - kbn 42 al501

Hello,

I bought a refrigerator in jun 2013. Since the start of 2017, it is giving me problems. Based on the after sales service I have received, it is by far the worst experience in the history of my electronic gadget service. Brief summary of the repeated after-sale service is listed below:

2 feb 2017: fan motor and temp sensor replaced. Rs. 5900
          17 feb 2017: thermal fuse changed. Rs. 700
          4 mar 2017: power module & flab replaced. Rs. 4750
          20 mar 2017: temp sensor, thermal fuse & fan motor changed again.in that process, door seal got damaged and hence changed. Rs. 3050
          4 jul 2017: fan motor and freezer chiller to be changed. Rs. 800

The reason that I don't have a track after jul is because the service centre (ankush sharma & kapil sharma) stopped picking my calls and despite numerous requests failed to send and deliver required service. As a result, my fridge is in a poor condition despite spending a whopping rs. 15000 i. E. 40% of purchave price.

Also, I am surprised by the fact that why fan motor, temp sensor and thermal fuse had to be changed twice. There can be few reasons:
          1. Incompetent service staff
          2. Trying to fool the customer by changing un-necassary parts
          3. Bosch fridge gets damaged beyond repair

After this mishap, bosch local store has agreed to replace this fridge for a new one at some discount. This is certainly not a win-win solution and after the disturbing experience with bosch, I would refrain from buying bosch products. At the same time, I would really like a satisfactory solution from bosch which could mitigate the inconvenience I faced in the last 10 months. Kindly have a look at my problem and provide immediate remedy.

My contact number is : +91 [protected]
          The refrigerator bill and its service bills are attached for your reference.

Regards,
          Madhu taparia

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesdefect in pe module of refrigerator kgn57ai40i/03

Dear Bosch,

It was very disappointing that product by BOSCH stopped working just after having completed an year of operation.
            With high hopes, or we went by brand reputation that their products ( 650 l refrigerator in my case) never break down, we purchased this product and now after 1.1 year of operation, it stopped working,
            Called up your authorised service agents in gurugram, its been more than a week now, the guy came last monday, and told us that there's a problem with pe module, he went back and placed an order.
            Now the thing is its been a week, and no body knows, who has placed the order, there is no proof.
            When will that reach gurugram and will be installed.
            When you call them, the response is > we have placed the order but date of receipt is not clear.
            Please understand, spending an entire week without refrigerator is quite an inconvenience.

And to top this up you are an international brand of repute, you must train your people to respond on time and must act professionally.
            Spare parts should be readily available.

Request you to look in to this.

Thanks for your unkind approach'
            Regards
            Sufferer
            Mobile > +91-[protected] ( you can track my complaint via this number)

Bosch — bosch - shem63w55n/01

Purchased a Bosch dishwasher and received delivery October 23, 2017. All went well up until installation...

Ajax

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesrebates

purchased over $12, 000 in Bosch and Thermador kitchen products in June of 2016 and was supposed to received a rebate of $899. I just received my last appliances in October 2017 and called about my rebate which I never received. I called the rebate company who said they cant do anything and put me over to Citi Card services, who told me the card had expired in July of 2017 and even though I never received it and none of the money was used, there is nothing they can do. called Bosch customer service who also said there is nothing they can do. Bosch, 360 Insight, (the rebate company) and Citi Card Service, all say there is nothing they can do because the card expired 3 months ago, even though I did not receive the $899 rebate card. I will tell everyone I know to stay away from Bosch Products from now on. If I didn't have them all installed already I would send them back from where I purchased them and go with another company

• Sh
                  Shaun R. Nov 03, 2017

Bosch does make some really good appliances. I personally own one of their dishwashers and like it very much. It's unfortunate that their rebate program has soured you so much on their name. I'm in the appliance industry and may hopefully provide some insight as to some of the problem. It sounds as if they've agreed to send you the applicable debit card, through Citibank. As with any rebate, they require that you retain all required materials and follow up within allowable time frame. It sounds as if you submitted for the rebate a year and a half ago; that's a considerable amount of time. You're normally told to expect rebates within no longer than twelve weeks, so you can imagine how it might become difficult, if not impossible, to retroactively provide you a rebate that is sixteen months old. It sounds as if installing this last appliance has jogged your memory into making some calls; it's just unfortunate that the calls didn't come sooner.

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesfront load washing machine wak24268in/01

Purchased above product in Nov'15 in Noida (India). It went out of order on 22.8.17. Complaint was lodged with Bosch service centre on 23.8.17 vide complaint ID [protected]. Machine is under warranty. The technician visited the same day and told that machine's PCB is required to be changed. He informed that the part will be indented from Germany and it will take 7 to 10 days. However, 20 days have elapsed but complaint remains unattended despite my regular follow up with the service centre. A mountain of dirty clothes has piled up at home. If Bosch India cannot maintain inventory of spare parts in India then it is no use buying their products. I wish I had bought an IFB product instead.

Respond

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesbosch fridge model kdn46xi30i - purchased on 26 nov 2016

Hi simran tawde

The wrenwane digital freezer thermometer delivered to my home vide tax invoice no in-hl#1093 dated 09 sept 2017 on sunday 10 sept 2017 has been kept in the topmost chiller compartment immediately below the freezer.

The digital lcd displays around 13 degrees c during the day and around 8 degrees c in the night or early morning when we open the fridge to check the temperature.

On the other hand your man mr. Salauddin khan (Mobile number [protected]) came over and checked the bosch led display on the front door of the top freezer on 26 aug 2017 and found the same to be set to 2 degrees and also verified that the led display was found to be working ok.

However going by the wrenwane displayed temperatures on sunday, monday and tuesday morning (10th sept, 11th sept and 12th sept) we can see that these temperatures are too high!

These temperatures are actually in the danger zone cross verified with a taylor refrigerator freezer thermometer model 5925n. Because of bosch we are forced to throw away precious food.

Please replace the fridge immediately.

With best regards

Sidney d'souza

bosch fridge model kdn46xi30i - purchased on 26 nov 2016
                  bosch fridge model kdn46xi30i - purchased on 26 nov 2016

Bosch / BSH Home Appliancesbosch refrigerator

We purchased a Bosch refrigerator (KGN56VI30U)[[protected]] which is still under warranty. Per warranty we are entitled to repair and service of the refrigerator. We first tried to figure out who to ask to send us the repair person and it was not easy. We went to Safran (Authorized Appliance Retailer) who informed us that it would take 2 days for the technician to come to our home and service the refrigerator. We waited for 3 days but the service person did not show up. He finally came and he told us that he is coming from a different city and will be there in 3 hours but again he did not show up. The next morning we called him trying to figure out his where about and he told us that he got hung up. He was not professional enough to call us if this was the case. Once he showed up he said that he needs to replace a part which he he does not have and he has to order it. He told us it would take about 2 days to get but nothing has happened after us waiting for 7 days. We got frustrated with lies and waiting and called Safran (Authorized Appliance Retailer) and talked to lady named Jameela to send us something meanwhile as we have a toddler who needs cold items such us medicine and not to mention all the food we lost. She told us she will talk to the owner (Ibrahim). They were not professional and it took us several calls to convenience them to send a temporary replacement. When we got it was old and dirty. We cleaned it, and started to use is, as we had no choice but to make matter worse it does not work and everything we put in there went bad. Bosch is deceiving and misleading people and not worthy of purchase as their product and services are unreliable. This is Absurd!

Bosch / BSH Home Appliances — bosch shx9er55uc/55 serial 00214 worst dishwasher

We purchased Bosch model SHX9Er55UC/55 from PC Richards, NY on 09/227/12. Immediately after installation we...

Bosch / BSH Home Applianceskettle

I bought a kettle about a year ago I can't find receipt as my moved out I paid £49.99 it the black one which you can pick which setting you won't it to boil to I thought I would be Good for my son's baby bottles ever since I've had it it knocks it's self off with out even boiling and now it won't even come on its the worst kettle I have ever had the money I paid you think it would last longer than a year

kettle

Boschfridge

I have a bosch fridge under warranty. All fridges have only one mission-keep foods cold. But mine couldnt do it. I called many times customer service of bosch. They came and fixed many times. But it is still not working. I insist to change it. They insist to donot. Is bosch too poor to give a fridge instead of broken one.
                        They changed many parts of it. They fixed many times. It is not working guys. Dont buy bosch. Buy anything else

Boschgcm15vw20n/03 freezer change because of damage

Hello there, I am a costumer, I live in İstanbul, I did buy a bosch product which is box-type frame freezer (GCM15VW20N/03), I received in 08 February 2017 in my home. But there was a damage on it, and also adjusting rod was missing. They saw and confirmed the change but no any feedback.
                          I called call center to change it, they said ok, but since 3 months there is nothing changed. And I call the call center every week, and they just say ok we will call back you in 24 hours. But no any call. Bosch Turkey is terrible. I am mistreated. Somebody from Bosch can hear me???
                          I am still waiting my new product, because I paid for it by cash.
                          And of course in future I am thinking to not buy anything from Bosch again.

Please reply me on the mail below:
                          [protected]@live.nl
                          Thanks

Bosch — microwave model# hmb5050/01, serial #[protected]

Microwave start running but do not let you put any time or does not stop with out opening the door, or doe...

Bosch — sound system

The EV product range are indeed a class above the rest, and their constant need to upgrade models and meet...

Bosch — drill

i bought a drill on december 2015 from a screwfix store in derry city northern ireland. the type is GSB 18...

Bosch home appliances — faulty washing machine and no reply from customer service uk

This brand new washing machine that we bought on 17th August 2016 is unable to complete a wash cycle most of...