Booking.com / trying to correct a date error

Hünenberg, Switzerland Review updated:

Trying to correct an error:

- I wanted to make a booking for the same night on [protected] in Buffalo.
- Inexplicably and erroneously the app made the booking for [protected].
- I noticed the error immediately and contacted the hotel's call center by phone.
- I hoped to simply be allowed to stay one night early.
- Instead I was told the booking had been modified (after a really long time on the phone).
- The modified booking was ok - and I paid for the night the following morning - on [protected].
- Additionally the initial booking was also charged to my credit card account.

I have since tried to have this additional charge cancelled. Without success. See email correspondence below.

Is this really how correcting an apparent error is handled?

I sincerely hope that Booking and/or the hotel can be customer friendly and set this right.

I would be sorry to otherwise make this public in hotel and travel networks.

For more detailed information see Email conversation below

Kind regards.

Previous Email correspondence:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Von: Herbert Meier [mailto:Herbert.[protected]@outlook.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2018 17:36
An: General Manager NY102; [protected]@choicehotels.com
Betreff: Re: AW: Complaint: Incorrect double charge

Jignesh

I did not cancel nor did I want a refund. It was an ERROR!

Why then was it not possible to simply stay there one night earlier - as was my intention all along?

Why was I charged again at your hotel?

Why was I on the phone for what I felt an endless time, if you now deny that my booking was modified? That series of calls must be on record "to monitor customer satisfaction".

Is your rude reply really all your "hospitality" organisation has to offer?

No way a small error can simply be corrected?

I am speechless and I am not taking this as an answer.

Regards.

Herbert Meier

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy Smartphone gesendet.

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------
Von: General Manager NY102
Datum: 18.10.18 17:20 (GMT+01:00)
An: Herbert Meier, [protected]@choicehotels.com
Betreff: Re: AW: Complaint: Incorrect double charge

Good Morning Mr Meier,

Greetings from Comfort Suite Buffalo NY.

Please find above attached details of your reservation and stay.
You have booked the stay for 9/30/2018 to 10/01/2018 on a no cancel pre- pay policy.(Please refer above attached information).
The reservation was booked with an Advance Purchase rate, which means it is non-refundable and non cancelable.

Regards,

Jignesh

On 10/18/18, Herbert Meier wrote:
Sorry, Amelita, but my name is Herbert Meier

I fear that you are a machine, Amelita.

But if you are not: if you read my mail properly you will notice that I have NOT CANCELLED the booking. I simply have asked that the erroneous date be rectified and ADVANCED by one day, which after a long time on the phone was CONFIRMED to me. I never made a new booking. And I never confirmed a charge of 80.88. At the hotel I was charged another amount and was never informed that I would have to pay anything in addition.

Also: Before reverting to you, Amelita, I HAVE CONTACTED the hotel directly, and did NOT get an answer!

@ GM.NY102 : I trust you are the GM of the hotel in Buffalo? In any event I am now also copying this message to jdesay. I can also give you a call if that helps to solve the issue.

Once again: Inexplicably the booking app proposed the date of the following day to me, I noticed that immediately after I made the booking, and I got somebody by phone to advance (not cancel!) the booking. Which apparently worked, as I was expected, when I arrived at your hotel.

I believe if you are indeed in the "hospitality" business, it should really go without further discussion to correct an apparent booking error. In this case it would have been very easy to just accept my initial booking and to let me stay overnight one day early without any further paperwork. Your hotel was not at all full that night.

Thanking you in advance for now helping me.

Kind regards

Von: [protected]@choicehotels.com [mailto:[protected]@choicehotels.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2018 12:45
An: Herbert.[protected]@outlook.com
Betreff: RE: Complaint: Incorrect double charge

Dear Anthony Figueroa:

Thank you for your inquiry concerning your stay at the Comfort Suites Buffalo Airport Ridge. Your business is greatly appreciated.

I found out that you had another reservation for 9/30/18 with a rate $80.88 at the hotel. The reservation was booked with an Advance Purchase rate which means it is non-refundable and non-cancelable. You may contact the hotel directly for assistance at [protected] or send them an email at [protected]@glfhospitalitygroup.com.

I apologize we cannot further assist with this issue, however we appreciate your business and looking forward to serving your hotel needs in the future.

Sincerely,

[protected]@choicehotels.com

cc NY102 9246991
________________________________________
From: Herbert.[protected]@outlook.com
Sent: Thu Oct 18 2018 03:24:16 GMT-0700 (US Mountain Standard Time)
To: [protected]@choicehotels.com
Subject: Complaint: Incorrect double charge
Ladies and Gentlemen
I have not had a reply to my below email to your GM in Buffalo.
Please recommend to me what I will have to do now.
I don't intend to accept the double charge, I only stayed one night.
Thanks and kind regards
_____________________________________________
Von: Herbert Meier
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Oktober 2018 21:38
An: gm.[protected]@choicehotels.com
Betreff: Incorrect double charge
Dear hotel management

I am writing to you in order to have an erroneous credit card charge corrected.

Overnight stay from 23 September 2018

I stayed at your hotel during the night of 23 September 2018.

I have paid the amount with credit card, and was also correctly debited with date September 24, 2018 on the credit card invoice. The related invoice can be found in the attachment.

Additional charge due to booking error

In addition and without invoice I was charged an additional amount of USD 80.88 by your hotel, date September 23, 2018.

The presumable explanation is this:

I made that booking with Booking.COM on the same day only a few hours before, and the app gave me the wrong date. I noticed the error one minute too late and then immediately called your firm and asked that I could stay at your house that very evening instead of one day later.

In a whole series of telephone conversations, the correction of the error and the advancement of the booking was confirmed to me. However, the additional amount was charged to my credit card without my knowledge and without an invoice.

I ask you to correct this obvious error and cancel the credit card charge.

Herbert.[protected]@outlook.comSt. Wolfgangstrasse 91B

[protected] (Fax)
gm.[protected]@choicehotels.com

He
Oct 21, 2018

Comments

• Tr
      Oct 22, 2018

This happened to me too!! Five minutes away from hotel made reservations for 20th showed up found out reservations were gor the 21st. The woman at the desk said she cancelled my reservation but I would need to contact booking.com there is no phone number to call them. Bait and switch!!