[Resolved] Booking.com / overcharged, no refund, no responsibility on card details

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

After weeks of restless emailing and talking to customer service staff to get back the amount that the Bayshore Inn Ventura hotel overcharged, I received the following email:

Reservation [protected] at Bayshore Inn Ventura, check-in date 2014-08-21, and check-out date 2014-08-23. The hotel has informed us the transaction number given could not be used. They will need to have the credit card number to process the refund and this can be given to the hotel directly.

My bank warned me that giving out the credit card number by phone or fax is insecure. Also note that I lost trust in this hotel staff. We all know that the credit card details can be traced back by the terminal at the hotel. I don`t see any reason for doing it that way. I had been twice refunded in the last 2 weeks by hotels. Actually those hotels have done it automatically when they realized that they debited the wrong amount.
Therefore I will instruct the bank to intercede regarding to this refund, and also contemplating to make report for the Ventura Police.
I had used booking.com for hundreds of bookings. Believe me this is the first time I come across such a nonsense.
I communicated my concern for numerous booking.com staff in the last 2 weeks. But it seems booking.com doesn`t really care about its partner`s ethics by excepting this shady attempts from the Bayshore Inn Ventura hotel.
I trusted and gave out my card details to booking.com, which has been forwarded the hotel. Right now booking.com takes no further responsibility on arranging the refund.
Every second day I make a new booking thru their server, which stores my credit card number etc. why don`t they just use the data from your database, and handle this issue?
Should it be the first warning to start using a new agent?

• Resolution statement

• Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Sep 09, 2014

Dear Istvan,
    I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for the booking number because I have taken a look at your case.
    I am going to be sending you an email shortly because I may have a solution.
    Kind regards,
    Crystal
    Booking.com Customer Service

• Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Sep 17, 2014

Hi Igor,

I was able to locate your reservation and I can see that your case was escalated to the appropriate department and a refund was arranged. Should you need anything else, please let us know.

Regards, Kelly
    Booking.com Customer Service Team

Is
Sep 6, 2014

Comments

• Ig
      7th of Sep, 2014

FRAUD and DECEPTION with BOOKING.COM
    Booked 4 months and giving my Credit card details to Booking.com. Asked me to pay up front which i did. When arrived to ZAGREB the apartment did not exist since months and had to take in in a hotell. When contacted Booking.com they said i would get my money back and refund my outlays. It has passed 3 weeks they just ignored. It is FRAUD and I would warnh everybody not to book with Booking.com there are other companies who are honest. I now have to take legal action against them and have reported booking.com for FRAUD.
    The Company is a Dutch company bought by an American company and are misleading people buy saying they have businesses in all countries BUT thery have only a phone number which is redirected to US calling centr and if you contact then they just hung up if you are complaining. You should not trust them and they are allways saying we appologise and are sorry !!!.
    DON'T DO BUSSINESS WITH BOOKING.COM you will be DEFRAUDED BY them and NEVER see your money again.