[Resolved] Booking.com

Posted:

Never give your credit card details to booking. com

4.35
I had been(!) using booking.com for years and during this time I felt comfortable about giving my credit card details to them. However, I realized that this was a big mistake because I understand that they just pass your credit card details to the hotel and feel no responsibility about it, they dont care if the hotel overcharges you or even charges you for nothing as in my case . For a booking at Etap Hotel Paris, I canceled my reservation timely due to a change in my travel plans, it was an early cancellation and it was clearly stated thatI would not be charged for this cancellation. But now I see the hotel charged the full fee, when I call booking.com this the answers I get: yes you they shouldnt ahve charged you but we didnt receive the payment so we cannot guarantee you the refund, it may take months(!), a few days is a very little time to solve this issue etc.
So never trust booking.com, find a trustworthy hotel yourself

Resolution statement

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 06, 2011
We're sorry to hear of your concerns! Please note that Booking.com uses a secure connection for all bookings. Should you have any questions, including issues with a particular reservation, don't hesitate to contact our customer care team. Contact details can be found here: http://www.booking.com/wecare.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 09, 2011
Dear Yoji Hamawaki, If we can help, let us know. You can find our contact numbers here: http://bit.ly/hiFJ2g
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Sep 26, 2011
Dear Anj197,

Please help us get to the bottom of this by posting your Booking.com reservation number. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Your Booking.com Team.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Feb 28, 2012
Hi Hassanuk,

We are really sorry to hear about this problem and we would like to investigate this matter further.

Can you please reply with your Booking.com reservation number so that our specialised team can look into this matter for you? We would then contact you directly to discuss a resolution to this complaint.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Your Booking.com Team
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 05, 2012
Hi Hotel-Customer,

We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience. Our team is ready and waiting to investigate this matter for you, all you need to do is reply with your Booking.com reservation number so that we can start this process. When we have received your booking number we shall look into the matter and contact you directly in order to resolve your complaint.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards, Your Booking.com Team.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Apr 09, 2012
Hi dbtd,

Thank you for your review. If you can reply with your booking reference number we will be happy to get in touch with you directly in order to answer any questions that you have about our service.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Apr 29, 2012
Dear Poulton,

We are very sorry to hear about the problems you experienced whilst using our service and we would like to look into this matter further.

Can you please confirm the date of the stay you were charged for, as this will help us to locate the reservation and complete our investigations.

Your Booking.com Team
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 19, 2012
Hi there!

We're genuinely sorry to hear about your issue and how it's been handled. We have forwarded your issue to the relevant department who have already begun investigating it and they will contact you directly about this.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 26, 2012
Hi kccanada,

Unfortunately, the camp was closed by the local authorities. However, we would like to help anyone affected and therefore we would like to ask you if you could provide us with your booking number so that we can look into it.

Thanks!
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 22, 2012
Hi 16vmini,

I apologize for the delayed reply. Please, post your booking.com reservation number and we will contact you to answer your question. Alternatively, please, send us a message with your contact details and questions. And our team will contact you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Sergejs
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 23, 2012
Hi there,

I am very sorry to learn about your feelings.
Could you please post your reservation number and our specialized team will contact you by phoneemail as soon as possible.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Dec 10, 2012
Hi Aljo1,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the hotel in Thailand.
I would like to investigate this matter. Could you please provide me your booking number?
Once I have this information, I will be happy to assist you.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Dec 11, 2012
Hi Aljo1,

Please, accept my apologies for any inconvenience experienced. Your reservation has been found in our system.
I will surely ensure that our specialized team contacts you as soon as possible.

Sergejs
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Dec 31, 2012
Hi Abdul,

I am happy to learn that your reservation has been cancelled.
Please note that as it was a Non-Refundable reservation we had to receive an approval from the hotel in order to cancel it.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Dec 31, 2012
Hi Aljo1,

Thank you for your kind feedback.
I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.
Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Feb 28, 2013
Hi Stephen Hockey,

Thank you for your message.
I can see that my colleague already informed you that your case has been escalated to our specialized department and that you will be contacted by them.

Andrej
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 09, 2013
Hello Jules,
Thank you for your suggestion. Credit card details are encrypted and stored only 10 days from the day of booking. Our secure server uses ‘Secure Socket Layer’ (SSL) technology, the online industry’s standard. Our SSL certificate has been issued by Thawte. The encrypted details are transmitted to hotels via a safe server in order to guarantee the reservation. In case you encounter any problems with unauthorized charges, please let us know and we will make sure that the problem is solved immediately. You can of course also contact your bank to question any unauthorized charge.
Agata
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 12, 2013
Hi Yoda181,
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience faced. Please
help us to get to the bottom of this by posting your Booking.com reservation number.
Our specialised team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 25, 2013
Hן Marty.K,
I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to get to the bottom of this.
Could you please provide your booking number? Once I have this information I would be happy to check it for you.
Thanks, Tal
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 25, 2013
Hi Snowcat,
I am very sorry to learn about your experience with the Hotel regarding the charge.
Please provide me your booking number and I would be happy to investigate this issue on your behalf.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 28, 2013
Hi Snowcat,
Thank you for providing your booking number. I will follow up with the hotel and get back in touch with you as soon as possible.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 29, 2013
Hi Marty,
I have found your booking in the system and our specialized department will contact you shortly.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 29, 2013
Hi Go Sleep Hotel,
I am sorry to hear that. Please let me know our concerns in order to assist you.
Regards, Eduardo
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Apr 26, 2013
Hi chunt606,
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
Could you post your booking number so that we can look into the issue?
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Apr 27, 2013
Hi chunt606,
I'm sorry that no-one had yet responded to your email. Please note for future reference that if you need an urgent response, it is quickest to call us. We are available 24/7. We get many emails daily and cannot respond to all of them instantly.
I can see that my specialised colleague has just sent you an email. Because you didn't want to pass your bank details to the hotel for them to refund you, we will refund you on their behalf and follow up with the hotel accordingly. I hope this is a good solution for you and that you will receive your refund as soon as possible. We are looking forward to your acceptance by email. I will follow up to make sure this gets sorted and resolved quickly.
Regards, Jasmine
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Apr 29, 2013
Hi chunt606,
I would like to inform you that your case has been escalated to our specialized team. An email with further information was sent to you in order to solve this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, May 08, 2013
Hi Ulmer,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I have found your reservation in our system and
my specialized colleague will contact you shortly by phone or e-mail.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, May 21, 2013
Hello Krii,
I'm sorry to hear about this inconvenience. I can assure you that your reservation was successfully sent to the hotel at the same time that you received your confirmation. When a hotel is overbooked we ask them to provide you with an alternative hotel of the same standards, or we will do so ourselves so as to not inconvenience you even more.
Can you please provide me with your Booking number so that I can look into it again for you?
Regards, Lissa.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 04, 2013
Hi there,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. In such situations, Booking.com acts as an intermediary in an attempt to
seek the approval of the hotel to waive late cancellation or no-show fees. Could you please post your reservation number? I am going to investigate this case thoroughly and you will be contacted by phone or e-mail.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 10, 2013
Hi tjlee,
I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you post your booking number so that I can investigate the issue further?
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 13, 2013
Dear Bernadette,
Thank you for your post. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have found your booking and will forward it to the specialized department. You will be contacted by them as soon as possible.
Regards, Andrej
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 17, 2013
Hi Mesrop,
I'm sorry to hear this. As soon as you make a reservation, you receive a confirmation e-mail from us at the e-mail address you give us during the booking process. The price you pay for the room you book is indicated during the booking process and after (in your confirmation e-mail). In case there is an extra charge that is not indicated on our website, we always try to assist our guests. Could you specify what is exactly the issue and if it is connected to a specific reservation(s)? I would be happy to assist you further.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 19, 2013
Hello Laura,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd like to help in any way possible. Are you able to post your booking number? Or you may e-mail me at customer.web@booking.com.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jul 06, 2013
Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Please note that when you make a reservation your credit card details are transferred via a secure connection. Please provide me with your booking number if you would like me investigate.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jul 31, 2013
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Please provide me with your booking number and I will assist you with your complaint. Or you can send me a direct message with your booking number and complaint to customer.web@booking.com.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 06, 2013
Hello Marty. K,

You are correct, Booking.com only requires credit card details to guarantee the room with the hotel in case of a no show or cancellation outside of policy. Once a guest makes a reservation their details are transferred to the hotel via secure system, the hotel then has the responsibility of charging correctly and validly. If you do notice an invalid or incorrect charge please let me know and I will gladly assist you.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 07, 2013
Hi there,
Please, note that Booking.com have very strict guidelines in place for the collection and transmission of credit card data. Once transmitted, all hotels on the Booking.com website are expected to handle credit card information to the highest standards of privacy using the appropriate safeguards. For more information regarding our credit card policies, please see our terms and conditions at the following link: http://bit.ly/15K7AUv I would also like to assure you that in the event of any invalid charges being made for a Booking.com reservation, we will endeavour to investigate the case fully and always aim to provide a resolution to such a complaint as soon as we possibly can. Should you need any assistance with one of your bookings, do not hesitate to drop me an email to customer.web@booking.com and I'll be happy to assist you.
Regards, Chloe
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 21, 2013
Hello Bora2,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have had. If you would like me to investigate, please post your booking number.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 23, 2013
Hi kaz082001,
Thank you for the information provided. Please note, your reservation was active in our system since it was made on the 2013-01-06 at 15:15 (CET). As the reservation was made through Booking.com it has to be cancelled through Booking.com as well. Once a cancellation is done, an automated message to confirm the cancellation is sent to the Email address provided at the time of booking. If you received such email, I kindly ask you to forward it to me at customer.web@booking.com for further investigation. As the property kept the booked room until the day of arrival, they had to mark it as a "No-Show" . I will contact the hotel again to ask for their flexibility and will update you with the outcome.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 28, 2013
Hi Joseph ward,
I am sorry to learn about your experience. I have located your reservation in our system, and I will contact you shortly with further information.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Oct 11, 2013
Hello,
I am sorry to hear that you still feel this way. Our records show that my colleagues have explained you everything in detail regarding this subject. Should you still have questions, please refer to my colleagues from the specialized department.
Regards, Andrej
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 02, 2013
Hi allen family 5,
I am sorry to hear you had to pay extra on arrival. I would like to investigate this further. Could you please provide me your booking number? Either here or on customer.web@booking.com by referring to this message.
Regards, Angela
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 28, 2013
Hi Irwanto,
Thank you for your post.
Should you need any further assistance feel free to contact us any time: customer.web@booking.com
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Dec 27, 2013
Hello,

I am sorry to hear what has happened. I would like to contact the hotel again on your behalf to see if they would be willing to refund you. Can you please post your booking number or email it to customer.web@booking.com referencing this post?

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Dec 27, 2013
Hello Aline,

Thank you for your booking number. I will be in contact via phone or email with the hotels reply.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Dec 28, 2013
Hi Astrid,

I am sorry to hear that you could not use your reservation as planned. I have located you booking and noted that you chose a promotional rate, but I will do my best to assist you by contacting the hotel and asking flexibility about the applicable penalties. Will let you know their final position via phone or email.

Kinds regards, Denise
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jan 03, 2014
Hello Wdmajewski,

I am sorry to hear about the charges to your credit card. I suggest that you contact your bank or credit card provider as soon as possible to prevent any further unauthorized use of your card or to dispute any incorrect or unknown charges. I would also like to investigate this matter with the hotel. Can you please post your booking number or email it to customer.web@booking.com referencing this post?

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Feb 23, 2014
Hi Brianj64,

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced fraud and to hear that you feel that way in regards to Booking.com.

Most accommodation providers require credit card details in order to guarantee your reservation. As such, we will send your credit card information directly to the accommodation at which your booking is made. In the event of credit card fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card by third parties, most banks and credit card companies bear the risk and cover all the charges resulting from such fraud or misuse.

If you have any additional question or concerns, please send me a detailed email with your booking number to customer.web@booking.com.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Feb 26, 2014
Hi Brian,
Thank you for providing your reservation number.
I have located your reservation in our system and I will contact you shortly with further information.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 18, 2014
Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Please note that Booking.com uses a secure connection for your booking. Your personal data and credit card details are encrypted. Our secure server uses ‘Secure Socket Layer’ (SSL) technology. Please run a virus scanner on your computer if you believe the problem stems from online movements. If you would like me to assist you, please feel free to provide me with your booking number.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Mar 26, 2014
Hi there,
I apologize for any inconvenience caused while using our services. I can see that my colleague has replied to your post and will contact you with more information.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Apr 04, 2014
Hi Lynn,

Thank you for your post and please note that I am sorry to hear about your situation. When a reservation is canceled an email is automatically sent to guest confirming the cancellation. I would like to review your reservation further. Can you send me a detailed email with your booking number to customer.web@booking.com so that I can look into this?

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Apr 08, 2014
Hello Laurenmarrie,

Please send me your booking number to customer.web@booking.com and reference the following link: www.complintsboard.com/complaints/booking.com-c238032.html?page=7#c1445306

I will further investigate your situation in regards to the cancellation and the charge. Thank you

Regards, Salvador
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Apr 24, 2014
Hi Anika, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. Booking.com has very strict guidelines in place for the collection and transmission of credit card data. Once transmitted, all hotels on the Booking.com website are expected to handle credit card information to the highest standards of privacy using the appropriate safeguards. If you would like me to investigate your case, please provide your booking number or email it to customer.web@booking.com.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, May 27, 2014
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that the hotel has charged you in error. I have located your booking and will be in contact with the hotel to request they refund you right away and provide proof of the refund. I will contact you via phone or email with any updates.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 24, 2014
Hello Paul,
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I would like to take a look at your reservation. Can you please post your booking number?
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 26, 2014
Hello,
A credit card is only used as a guarantee when using Booking.com's website to make a booking. The credit card information is then sent to the hotel securely. You will be charged by the hotel based on the policy you booked under. I would like to check the policy for both bookings you say the hotel has charged you for. Can you please post your booking number or email it to customer.web@booking.com referencing this post.
Andrea
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jul 01, 2014
Dear Phuket Hotelier,
Please be aware that it is your responsibility to keep the transferred data safe. Please refer to the privacy policy of Booking.com: http://www.booking.com/content/privacy.en-gb.html?sid=dbac62ebc76c22312b31b15f032d0191;dcid=1If you feel like switching to XML service please contact your account manager for an advice.
In a case you think that a guest claimed penalty through their bank unfairly you have also the right to claim the payment back through your bank and supply your bank adviser with all necessary information such as confirmation where all the policies and conditions are written.
Best regards, Ann
Booking.com Customer Service Team.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jul 02, 2014
Hello (@ 20140628)

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. The information on our site is provided by the individual hotels, but Booking.com is responsible for correcting any discrepancies if we are made aware of them. I'd like to investigate this further, so I would appreciate if you could provide your booking number.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jul 09, 2014
Hello Anthony,

I have read your comments on Facebook and I was able to locate your reservation. The reservation was made under a non-refundable policy so it will be up to the hotel to approve of cancellation without penalty (as an exception). Unfortunately when we contacted them 5 hours ago the appropriate person was not available so we've sent the request via e-mail. As soon as a response is received you will be contacted.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 08, 2014
Hi ruarobko,

I'm sorry to hear about that. When cancelling your reservation through Booking.com please note that the cancellation policy is listed by the hotels and as such they are responsible for any charges on your reservation. If you could provide me your booking confirmation number I can try to negotiate with them to see if they are able to process any kind of refund to you. Alternatively, please send an email to "customer.web@booking.com" referencing this post.

Brian
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 13, 2014
Hi Jocelyn,

Booking.com does not charge for reservations, but when you make a booking your payment details are securely submitted to the hotel. They then charge in accordance with their policies. If an invalid charge has been made I can certainly look into it if you believe the charge is associated with the hotel which has received your details. I'd appreciate if you could post your booking number for reference.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 15, 2014
Hello,

If a hotel wrongfully charges, Booking.com will get your money back for you. We do require some things like proof of the charge before we can pursue it, but we don't need it right away if you have to wait for your credit card company.
If you ever need any assistance, we are available 24/7.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 20, 2014
Hi Soute,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. As soon as your reservation was processed and you received your confirmation number, your reservation is confirmed and forwarded to the hotel via a secure line.
Each hotel on Booking.com is responsible to update its own rates and availability and should check our shared system on daily basis for new reservationsmodificationscancellations.
Could you please provide your reservation number? I would like to investigate this matter.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 22, 2014
Hi Alive234,
I am sorry to hear this.
Could you please post your booking number so that I can check what happened with the property?
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Sep 01, 2014
@pommygirl268

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear this. When you make a reservation through Booking.com your payment details are securely sent to the accommodations and they charge in accordance with their policies. Should you believe that any of the hotels you booked using our site have misused your details, we would like to investigate this. Could you please post your booking number(s)?

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Sep 17, 2014
Hi Claire,

Not all accommodations on Booking.com offer "pay later" options. Booking.com allows accommodations the freedom to load their own policies. If they do charge when a policy clearly states a charge should not be made, customer service will help in facilitating a refund. I'd like to look into this matter, so I would appreciate if you could provide your booking number.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Sep 17, 2014
Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Booking.com does not charge cancellation fees, the hotel would charge according to their policy. If you arrived after reception had closed the property may have charged you a "no show" fee as they held the room and were unable to resell it. I'm not able to locate your reservation with the information provided, but I'd like to check on this. May I have your booking number?

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Sep 18, 2014
Hi Charlie,

The amount of time it takes for pre-authorized funds to be released typically depends on your bank. I would suggest you contact them to check on the status. Since Booking.com does not charge it is not possible for us to monitor any transactions, which is why we act as the intermediary and contact the hotel should a guest have a transaction concern. I'd like to see what can be done to assist with this, so I would appreciate if you provide your booking number.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Sep 23, 2014
Hi Charlie Jamieson.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Our website displays the conditions on all stages of a reservation process because we don't want that pre-authorization becomes unpleasant surprise for our guests. I'm sorry to hear that it takes so long to unblock the transaction. I recommend to contact your credit card company in order to find out about the status of the transaction as only the bank is able to keep the track of it.

Best regards, Ann
Booking.com Customer Service Team.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Oct 02, 2014
Hi Llabonte,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Please be advised that a guest credit card details are forwarded to a hotel once the reservation is made. Most hotel request the credit card information at the time the reservation is made to guarantee the reservation. In the event of a cancellation out of policy or a no-show the hotel has the right to charge a guest credit card based on their policy. As you mentioned above, you contacted the hotel directly and made a separate reservation directly at the hotel and canceled the Booking.com reservation. We have no documentation of the policy of the reservation booked at the hotel. We also have no way no record of what information was discussed or exchanged between you and the hotel owner directly. I would like to take a closer look at your reservation. Can you please provide me with your booking number?

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Oct 05, 2014
Hi Terskikh,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I have reviewed your reservation and see that my colleague has sent you an email a short while ago that they need you to respond to. Please check your inbox and reply to the email.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Oct 13, 2014
Hi Apostolos,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Guest are within their right to post an honest review in regards to their stay at a hotel. Booking.com will post all guest reviews unless it has offensive language or personal details. The hotel should not be sending the guest emails using offensive language based on their opinion. I have located your reservation and will contact you shortly by email to gather additional information.

Regards,
Please note you may receive a email in regards to the level of service you received today. If you would take a few moments to fill out the survey your feedback would be much appreciated.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 09, 2014
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of any disappointment experienced while using the Booking.com service. Could you please provide me your reservation number so I can investigate the issues?

Yours truly, Brian
Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 11, 2014
Hi Hans,

I have tried to locate your reservation but I was not successful. I'd like to help in obtaining a refund, so I would appreciate if you could provide your booking number. Thanks in advance.

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 11, 2014
Hi Chibi,

I'm really sorry to hear of your situation and I'd like to assist you in getting your money returned. May I have your booking number?

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 17, 2014
Hello Andy,

Booking.com does not charge guest's credit cards. Hotels charge according to whatever policy the guest selects.
I would like to take a look at what happened. Would you please post your booking number for me?

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 03, 2016
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Please be advised that the room-specific cancellation information is included next to the room type under the "Conditions" column on the hotel's description page. The specific information relevant to your booking will also be included in your confirmation. If a reservation is canceled through the Booking.com system and a guest receives a email confirming the cancellation is free of charge, the hotel should not charge the guest the no-show fee.

I would like to investigate this further. Can you please provide me with your booking number?

Booking.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 03, 2016
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. When it comes to stolen belongings, Booking.com customer service does not usually get involved and we suggest that you contact the authorities. I was able to locate your reservation. I'll look into this to see if there is anything further I can do and contact you soon by phone or e-mail.

Booking.com Customer Service Team
Complaint comments Comments (199) Complaint country Netherlands Complaint category Hotels

Comments

N  24th of Feb, 2010 by    +6 Votes
I had the same experience. DO NOT BOOK through booking.com!
A  9th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I was robbed by booking.com !

I placed an order through booking.com, but did not get confirmation email for this order.
a day later a called booking.com agent, asking why I did not get confirmation email. He told me that there was technical problem with my order, and I should place a new order.
Therefore I have placed another order, for the very same hotel.

Coming back home from the vacation, I figured out my credit card was charged twice by some unknown travel agency ! Asking booking.com for a refund gave me a chilled response. They remove all responsibility from them and asked me to ask refund from the travel agency!
The travel agency did not understand what I was talking about. They showed my faxes with the orders they got from booking.com under my name, and with my credit card number !
Apparently, there was a typo in the e-mail address I gave on my 1st order. The fact that I have contacted booking.com and they told me my order was rejected did not make any difference for this company. The fact that booking.com received error messages saying the email address is wrong did lit any red light for the company. They had my credit card number and that's what was important.

I will never never again booking with booking.com. They take no responsibility for their mistakes, and leave you alone to cope with the travel agency/hotel to whom they gave your credit card !

Stay away from booking.com ! contact the hotels/travel agency directly !

Ari
N  23rd of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
@AriSharon Sounds like you registered the wrong email address, never received a confimation for you reservation and the hotel charged the Credit Card you put correctly on the website. That hotel only has your Credit Card details because you've sent it to them. Read Terms and Conditions before you give your information away.

By the way if did use a hotel or travel agency chances are the same thing would have happened, except you would pay more for your reservation.
A  21st of Sep, 2010 by    +7 Votes
I understand what people wrote here but I think many of them don't know how Booking.com works.

I'm a Hotel manager and in fact I have this concern with the all the confirmation faxes I have at my reception with all credit card details of my customers that came via Booking.com. Booking.com sends us all credit card details from the client - we need to have them to charge the guest for a possible no-show for example, but I wonder if this if safe at all (and unfortunately I know its not)

The credit card data is printed and in the end becomes available to everybody at the hotel reception. One risk is for example an employee with "bad intentions" can just steal this data to buy online, for example, and how can I control this?

At our hotel we are very carefull with this but can Booking.com assure that all hotels will have a good behaviour and will keep the clients credit card data secured? I think that for them is just impossible. And the truth is that also for us is very difficult because we risk that someday, someone from of our staff steals this data from our guests that booked on this website and I wonder if this will be our fault? This is something that worries me for a long time but nothing changed from Booking.com side in this regard.
N  23rd of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
@VascoPinheiro Hey I am a Front Desk clerk. The Credit Card information is delivered into a secured system (Booking.com platform) that only authorized people have access through a lot of security protocols. If you don't trust your co-workers maybe retrieving and storing Credit Card information should be restricted to only a few trusted individuals. Sounds more like a property management problem than blaming a website.
A  1st of Oct, 2010 by     Best Advice +9 Votes
I am sorry I have to make this posting, but I am myself a victim of the bad practices of Booking.com
I had booked a hotel in Brussels, the Hotel Agenda Louise. When my plans changed, I cancelled the reservation on Booking.com and did not think more of it. I had cancelled the above reservation following the link as indicated on Saturday 26/09/ 2010 in the afternoon. During my business trip on 28/09/2010 I had aggressive phone calls from the hotel and then from Booking.com staff complaining about my alleged "no show", even calling me a liar. My credit card was also charged within minutes. If an error had occurred on Booking.com website and my cancellation did not register correctly - why it is myself who has to pay? When I cancelled by following the link, a screen came up clearly stating that my reservation had been cancelled. When I have written to Booking.com to ask for a refund, they replied asking me to sort it out with the Hotel, which is useless, because I believe they did not receive my cancellation from Booking.com. I am truly disappointed and I wonder what kind of legal redress there may be for people in my situation?
N  23rd of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Frustration at booking.com Did you receive a cancellation email? They usually tell you if the cancellation will have no costs or if there's a penalty.

Again, I recommend that people read what they are buying into before acting on impulses.
N  18th of Jan, 2011 by    +5 Votes
I have used Booking.com several times when making hotel reservations and so far (knock on wood) no major problems to note. However, when cancelling I make it a habit to call Booking.com directly to make the cancellation and also to make sure I get a notice of cancellation email for my records. As noted in some of the postings, it is always difficult to obtain a refund after the fact, so be proactive and not depend entirely on Booking.com or the hotel in question. That been said, last month I stayed at the Swissotel in Istanbul and when reviewing the bill upon check out, I noticed that they had charged me €99.00 more than they should have. Luckily, I had the email confirmation with the rate quoted by Booking.com so we managed to sort it out in short order. If I didn't have the confirmation with me as proof, then I would have had to pay the hotel rate and try and sort it out later which could prove very difficult.
N  28th of Jan, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I have got cancellation´s confirmation on my reservation( booking.com) at the hotel in London. There is no charge for cancellation. But I am still charged for five nights according to my credit card´s details. To whom can I complaint to get my money back? Thanks
A  14th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I was also robbed by booking.com and Leonardo Hotel in Charleroi and strongly suggest you avoid this scam of a website like the plague. After the Leonardo Hotel in Charleroi overcharged me I inquired into booking.com why the posted rate was not being followed. They told me they would look into it and get back to me. In the interim they billed my credit card the full amount. When they told me they didn't know why it was higher but thought it might be 'due to taxes' I cancelled my reservation with Leonardo Hotel in Charleroi. However, as my booking was last minute and the final information on the rate was not provided to me until after the deadline to get my money back had passed, they told me that the cancellation policy was violated and it was too late. Oh, and why was I charged more you ask? They told me that I had elected to apply for the 'flexible' option where you can cancel anytime which was untrue. So, in the end they billed me for an option that should have protected me from late cancellation and still did not honour that!!! Do not use this website.
N  18th of May, 2011 by    +1 Votes
that's a scam...shame on them... never order again
N  23rd of May, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I'm about to make a booking at Booking.com for a hotel in Cork. I have no intention of cancelling this booking as there will be no changes in my travel plans (I am quite certain). Do you think I am still at risk to being scammed? I'm paying with a visa debit card (in other words, there are not unlimited funds on the card so I can't be overcharged as is possible with a credit card). Do you think this is safe? I'd appreciate it if someone could contact me in response as I'm booking my birthday weekend away. My email is sandjounintemari@hotmail.com
A  17th of Jul, 2011 by    -3 Votes
Booking.com tried to rob me in a very sophisticated way, first it stated that some hotels required no information for short reservation, than it just retrieved my old credit card information and charged 80 peer cent of the price, please be careful as the company is not to be fully trusted

theur consumer care is also horrible, do not expect them to resolve the problem just call the banks and ask what you can do
A  20th of Jul, 2011 by    -3 Votes
I agree with youu too. They are useless. Not worth booking through them. I never will again.
N  7th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Comfort Hotel CDG Le Mesnil Amelot - Unable to cancel
Yoji Hamawaki
Japan

I booked Comfort Hotel CDG on Aug. 22 check-in and Aug. 23 check out. Now I want to cancel this booking. But I am unable to contact with
Booking Com on line although I checked spelling address very carefully.
Please cancel the above booking and confirm with me.
Your kind cooperation would be appreciated.
Yoji Hamawaki
A  18th of Aug, 2011 by    +3 Votes
Dear All,
as it seem not new, also me been overcharged by a hotel going to prague, and for 19 days those who called themselves customer service team wasnt able to do anything, and that i should take it with the hotel to get the difference refunded when i arrive to the hotel tomorrow. who's with me to report this site to the travel association in the countries where they operate. and if not working let's create a page on face book to ban them to abuse our credit card as they are doing with no regulations.
N  28th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I just have one complaint about Booking.com.
We booked a hotel this Summer, and I saw our reservation-fax from Booking.com to the hotel.
They still send a FAX to the hotel with your creditcard-details in clear writing.
A  18th of Sep, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I used about three different hotel booking sites when we were planning our trip to Europe. I only used Booking.com for one hotel (in Amsterdam). After we stayed at the hotel and went on to our next destination, we discovered credit card fraud on the card (we paid via Booking.com for the room and used it at the hotel to cover our incidentals).
We never used our card anywhere else on the trip (we are pretty careful how and where we used our credit cards in Europe).
The credit card fraud that happened on our card was a charge for another hotel in Amsterdam (for the same dates we were in Amsterdam too!).
I am not sure whether Booking.com had charged us for another hotel or if our card was compromised (at the hotel or by Booking.com). We had the bank cancel our card and investigate the matter.
I won't be using this website ever again because we did not have any issues with the other sites we used.
N  18th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
Robbed by booking.com!!!

I made a reservation with them using an Internet cafe Dubai. The browser was slow so I clicked booknow twice by mistake. Realising what had happened, I called them immediately in London to point out the mistake. They were unhelpful to say the least and passed the buck to the hotel. I called the hotel and they passed the buck back to the site. I arrived at the hotel and they said the site should have cancelled one of the rooms. Obviously it's not in their interest as they get commission on both reservations!! Waste of time!!! Robbers!!
D  29th of Feb, 2012 by    -1 Votes
I made a hotel booking wit www.hotel.com with the stated policy on their site stating that a non refundable first night will be deducted from my account for the first night stay and I could cancel the rest if necessary. To my surprise the full many nights’ stay amount was deducted from my account. I also received an email later stating that the whole reservation is non refundable. I will not use booking.com again and shall only book with hotels direct.

I will also send a formal letter of complaint to the management, local and national, to the hotel concerned. I also think this practice is illegal and will be following up on this line of enquiry and shall report back here to let other people know what happened. I am also considering sending this information to UK national papers from them to investigate practices of this nature so that the UK general public is made aware of these practices.
N  1st of Apr, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Hello Booking.com,
what do you answer to the security flaw with credit card numbers sent in clear to the hotel?
A  24th of Apr, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Booking.com & Roomers hotel in Frankfurt, Germany charged me €480 as a "no-show" fee for a booking which I did not make.

There was no "no-show" - I didn't complete the booking. When I entered my credit card details to confirm the booking, the system said that the room had sold out and was no longer available at the quoted price. I was offered the choice of exactly the same room at a much higher rate or to refuse the booking. I declined and cancelled the booking.

I'd been looking for the room with my girlfriend who was equally as surprised and annoyed as I was - I'd spent a considerable amount of time looking for the room and I then had to start over to find alternative accommodation for the same dates. I ended up booking through a competing service.

I have contacted both Booking.com and Roomers and they refuse to reimburse me or to accept the possibility that their system could produce an error of any kind. They maintain their €480 (full cost of the booking) no-show charge, but there was no "no show" - I didn't complete the reservation. I received no confirmation, no reply, no email from either booking.com or from the Roomers hotel in Frankfurt, Germany.

My complaint is that Booking.com and the Roomers hotel have charged me €480 for a booking I did not make, which they refuse to reimburse.
N  28th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hi

I booked a hotel through Booking.com about the end of February beginning of March. We were going to go to Porthleven in Cornwall for a week for which we had already booked a cottage for w/c saturday 19th May. However, as it was my 60th birthday this year and not particularly wanting to travel on a Saturday we decided to book the Cross House Hotel in Padstow for the night of Friday 18th May. We were looking forward to it but by about the end of April, although we had a reference number and an online booking confirmation, no deposit was taken.

I called the Hotel twice and left a message but they did not get back to me. I called Booking.com and they said they had no record of my booking. So we never went to Padstow but we did get a call from the hotel proprieter by the name of Nick on Friday 18th asking where we were. After a long conversation we left it that he was going to call Booking.com on the following Monday (21st). We never heard another thing and assumed everything had been cancelled.

So I was quite shocked when I came back from holiday to find that £135 had been taken from my bank account and had put me into an overdraft situation.

My anger is not just with Booking.com that gave me incorrect information but with the hotel for not letting me know the money was going to be taken. This is not just bad customer service it is daylight robbery and should not be allowed.

I rang Booking.com this morning as it was to them I gave my debit card details to them and they had passed it onto the hotel. They tried ringing the hotel but could only get the ansaphone. I have called 3 times and left 3 rather stern curt messages today but the proprieter has not had the decency to call me back. I really don't understand how these people are in a service based industry, if I treated our clients like that way we would not have a client bank, the repeat business and referrals that goes to make a good practice.

Shame on you Cross House Hotel!

Jan Bolton