Booking.com / booking error on my part

GB Review updated:

I booked a room for a friend on her way home from staying with me. I inadvertently gave her old email address for her to receive the booking confirmation. I realised immediately what I had done and went back to correct it, which I did as I was able to add another email and change it as her primary email. She received an email from booking.com asking her to register but all attempts failed. I called customer services and was given a load of spiel that they could not help as they needed the booking number which neither of us had. They could not help for security reasons, and the fact that I didn't have the booking number. What rubbish. So I was left not knowing whether the hotel was booked or not and no one would give me answers. I then called the hotel who were very helpful and we resolved the problem..I will never use this company again as there is NO customer service. Furthermore, I cannot find a complaints contact regarding hotel bookings, so am resorting to this site.

Be
Mar 07, 2017

Comments

•   Mar 07, 2017

There was indeed customer service, you just could not provide the information they required for security purposes. Always double check with the hotel or car rental company when using third party booking companies to verify the reservations, and pay more attention to what you are doing so that you do not come here blaming someone else for YOUR mistake.