Bob's Discount Furniture

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 by

summit dining table

On 2/10/2017 my house went on fire. I lost basically everything. I lived in a hotel for 4 months with my 1 and 4 year old boys. When my house was finally habitable again I immediately went to Bobs on 5/12/2017 and dropped over $4, 000 to replace a few items so we had something to sleep on, eat on, and sit on. On 11/11/2017, I had a birthday party for my son who was turning 5 years-old. I could not afford the party but some friends helped out since I wanted to do something nice in celebration of being back in the house and their father having left us for another family. At the time that we went to do cake, I asked one of the other mom's if she could help me open the table to put the center piece in. At this point, when we went to open the table up, instead of locking into place the tracking came completely out and one part of the table landed on the childrens lap, and the other half of the table that I was trying to balance to avoid falling and smashing open my floor, when I couldnt hold it anymore cracked and fell on top of the bench cracking and smashing it in the process. All of the children were screaming and crying scared, the tabe is now in pieces on my floor which not only destroyed the birthday party since everyone was traumatized and we were left with no where to have cake, but at this point Bobs wont even replace it (It's still under warranty) and Thanksgiving is 6 days away! So now no Thanksgiving for my children?! How much more do we have to endure this year?! I am disturbed and disguted that Bobs will not replace the table, as I just noticed by looking at my receipt would essentially only cost them $300!!! Is it worth it to you Bob's to ruin our Thanksgiving over $300 when not only is the table STILL UNDER WARRANTY, but I JUST SPENT $4, 000+ in furniture at your store just 6 months ago, AND IM NOT DONE! I still have to furnish my children's bedrooms but I do not have insurance coverage for these items as of yet, plus what about the THOUSANDS i have spent at Bobs over the years?! I am asking that Bobs reconsider replacing this table ASAP so we can have Thanksgiving dinner, me and my 2 children just the 3 of us. As I mentioned I will be extremely shocked, saddened and appalled if this request is denied. Again, the table is $300 and UNDER WARRANTY!!! Please reply ASAP hopefully BEFORE Thanksgiving!!!
In addition, my CUSTOMER # is #2514075, the order # is #8245203, the articles that need to be replaced: 20032458008, and 20032458002. I still have the chairs and the table legs, so really just these two items, the table top and the bench need to be replaced. I'll be anxiously awaiting your reply.
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Furniture

Comments

N  17th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
It's really unfortunate you've had such a difficult year. I can really appreciate your frustration.

Unfortunately I think most people can understand that warranty coverage isn't handled by the reseller but the manufacturer. I'm also not aware when it ever covers physical damage, let alone dropping it.

Although not ideal, have you checked local thrift stores to see if you could replace it, at least temporarily, with something? Or how about eating picnic style? It's likely to actually be a good memory for everyone if you put a positive spin on it.
N  18th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Shaun R. The table was dropped because it came off the track. It is not supposed to come off the track. Years ago I had a similar style table and all you have to do is gently shimmy the table open and it locks into place so you can add the leaf to the middle. In this event the table did NOT lock into place so after it came apart in TWO separate pieces, my friend was unable to sustain the weight of the end of the table she was holding, and I myself could no longer sustain the weight of balancing my end on my lap in excruciating pain before the table finally fell off my lap since I couldnt hold onto it any longer and thus, THEN fell and smashed everything in its way. The table is under warranty. The parts RETAIL are $300, so to Bobs its prob more like $100. They cant replace parts UNDER WARRANTY for $100?! I just spent $4, 000 in their store in one day just 5 months ago! And what Ive heard from others this store is CONSTANTLY looking for ways to evade honoring the warranty. This is completely unacceptable. Their excuse for not covering the parts is because somehow its MY fault the table was missing locks and came apart! I dont think picnic style will work for my children since they have been staring at the broken table in pieces on the floor for over a week now crying and recalling how it fell apart at his birthday party. This is disgusting that Bobs refuses to be held accountable. Not the first time they refused to honor a warranty from what Ive heard. Sad.
N  18th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Man you are under some bad stars. Husband leaves, house burns down, table comes apart (heck, I broke out in zits just reading this). I'd lay low for a while...at least until Uranus goes direct (late January I think). . Not to be nosey, but you ARE getting your child support money, I presume?
@JKWilliams Nope. $00000