Bob's Discount Furniture / stay away

I purchased a living room (leather sectional) set from Bob's Discount Furniture in their Nanuet, New York location about three (3) months ago. At the time of purchase I paid $2, 000.00 plus additional monies for their goof proof warranty/guarantee policy. I recently noticed that on a section of the sofa a huge stain has developed on the leather. I called customer service which was not very helpful with my complaint in the beginning, and with persistence they finally agreed to send a repair person to evaluate the condition of the sofa. I was shocked and dismayed when the repair person told me that my couch will not be replaced or repaired, even with the goof proof warranty/guarantee because the stain my couch has is not covered, because according to him "the stain is due to my hair products". I asked him "hair products", he answered yes "hair products, shampoo, conditioner and hair sprays; this may have caused the stain and therefore Bob's is not liable". In the years of using the same shampoo and conditioner I have never and I quote never have gotten stains not even on my pillows due to my "hair products". I immediately called the store and after much persuasion they agreed to send another repair person to evaluate my sofa set again in two (2) weeks. I feel like I was duped out of my hard earned money by Bob's Discount Furniture. I felt confident in my purchase, but after my recent encounters and problems with my new furniture that is only about three (3) months old, I am very disappointed and angered. I have researched this company and have read hundreds of complaints like mines and also with the same issue of the goof proof warranty/guarantee that they never honor. Customer Service is uncooperative; the home reps they send are aloof, just as uncooperative and not helpful. This company should be stopped for their false advertising, false warranty/guarantee and repeatedly ripping off hard working consumers.

Va

Comments

• Ki
      17th of Dec, 2009

Any company that has to advertise and have a stupid commercial ever 30 minutes tells you something...don't think Warren Buffet would look at buying them.

You get what you pay for, he pays his employees peanuts so you end up with Monkeys.