Bob's Discount Furniturerefund

D

I purchased furniture from "BOB'S' that was a special order. It was delivered on 06-07-08. I immediately had to call the same day with a problem and subsecently 2 other times within 90 day's. The furniture was sent back due to defect's which could not be rectified, I.E. we no longer carry this item"LANE", to you can come in and select something different and we'll make up the difference up to 100.00 in the form of a gift card.Now I'am told that I not only can't get back the sales tax but I'm out the 130.00 for the delivery charge!THEY WERE CALLED THE SAME DAY THE FURNITURE WAS DELIVERED DUE TO A DEFECT!" Now I'm called 3 day's after the delivery telling me I must come in to input my "PIN #" so I can receive a partial payment! EXCUSE ME IT 'S FROM THE SAME ACCT.!" This was on Sunday 11-09-08., by the time I went there and returned home the "Debit part had already been credited to my acct., the same acct that was put thru as a credit by them and still no money! I tried to emaial them thru 2 different server's and the maial was returned undeliverable!? "EXCUSE ME!" His ad's state "NO PHONY GIMMICK'S JUST PURE VALUE!" He has his product back were's my money!?

• Pa
    Pamela G. P. May 11, 2010

I received a cocktail table and 2 end tables in 2006. We immediately noticed small holes in the legs of the coffee table...turns out the table had bugs eating the wood. We returned the piece only to discover that the set had been discontinued. So, we've made several trips back to Bob's (a half hour drive) looking for a replacement. (They refuse to give us our money back..and we purchased the extended warranty!) Last year (2009) we finally SETTLED on another set. The men arrived to deliver the pieces. They put the pieces together on my front lawn...and the tables ended up being so cheap that the wood wasn't flush to the surrounding wood...there were also nicks and dents. SO, needless to say I had them take the tables back with them. (Come to find out those tables were also discontinued.) So here I sit after 4 years having visited the store and website on so many occasions I can't even count, with the original end tables (I needed something to hold up my lamps until the new tables come) and no coffee table. I have called numerous times and spoke with numerous people..managers, etc, only to get the same song and dance: "no refunds, only exchanges". Perhaps I should get a hold of the Better Business Bureau and an attorney!
    HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Po
    Poor purchase experience Jul 05, 2019

I purchased 2 new flip top dressers on 6/30/19, chose to save money and pick up myself in the Taftville warehouse. Both had boxes around them so how was I to know they were damaged? Low and behold both dresser flip tops were damaged, I call immediately to customer care (YEH RIGHT), they were no help at all, all the representative could do was tell me that the pieces I have are not the pieces I paid for!!! Clearly on my receipt I had the correct items. She then proceeded to tell me that if I wanted to load them back up and bring them back they would replace them, UNACCEPTABLE. I told them I wanted the new items delivered on 7/5/19, spent over 45 minutes on the phone to no avail, she kept telling me that they had to do the paperwork over and transferred me to a sales person. Another 15 minutes on hold, a sales person picked up and hung up on me, I called back got the same sales person who hung up on me, no apology just and excuse that a sales person had to call me back because they were too busy. When I did receive a call back a so called manager (YEH RIGHT) was no help at all and told me conveniently that the items were out of stock. I have spent thousands of dollars at your establishment over the years and I will never spend money there again. I want a financial reimbursement for my time, and a full replacement of both dressers that are damaged. I am not going to wait until 7/20/19 which is what I was told when the dressers would be in. This is poor business practice!!! My order number is [protected] customer number is 5573924. If I do not get satisfaction I will continue to write bad reviews on every platform I can find.